Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove FOMO from Lunar New Year

Redpaws

One might think this is a bit early/out of season, but changes take time. Better sooner than later.

Right now, Lunar New Year is the ONLY event with a true sense of Fear Of Missing Out, as its items are the only ones that have yet to ever return, as far as I'm aware. (Excluding Excalibur/Lato/Skana Prime)
EVERY other item in the game either returns the following year, or eventually shows up somewhere else, such as Baro's store. Even Prime Release accessories have been made available again in the Prime Resurgence event.

Can we please remove this last bit of FOMO, and make previous years items available for purchase during Lunar New Year?

We just got the grendal skin this year and I assumed the entry area to the lander was added when we could swap it out properly. This is warframe, there is really no FOMO unless you're talking event lore and story that plays to the full game itself

5 minutes ago, JaycemeSwain said:

This is warframe, there is really no FOMO

Well we have events that either had never returned or return then DE feels like , then theres whole "supporter packs" that appear on certain updates and go away after some time , like Deimos supporter pack ( I regret not buying it for the skins ) .

On 2022-05-07 at 11:54 PM, bad4youLT said:

Well we have events that either had never returned or return then DE feels like , then theres whole "supporter packs" that appear on certain updates and go away after some time , like Deimos supporter pack ( I regret not buying it for the skins ) .

What I meant is that everything eventually comes back around. Outside of Excal Prime and a handful of cosmetics that has yet to come back(like the deimos roomba), there isn't FOMO. Like as much as I wanted the deimos drone, it was only one and knowing how DE has operated, I figured they'll eventually give us a way to get more.

From a non cosmetic/playable weapon side, the only other FOMO is playing through the old events for the sake of lore(NW & The Leverian have yet to be used to save that)

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I meant all the Lunar Year weapon skins, sugatra, and ship decorations. None which are even themed around a specific Zodiac animal, so no reason for the exclusivity.

On 2022-05-13 at 1:34 AM, JaycemeSwain said:

What I meant is that everything eventually comes back around.

Really hope this is the case. Lunar New Year is still a relatively new event (by WF standards), so I hope we'll see the skins return next year. Currently the only holiday event to not re-release everything (or anything, in this case) from the previous years, and I'm worried it might be a trend that continues.

Archived