Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught/Elite Sanctuary Onslaught- Rotation/Rewards

tabernacl

Can Sanctuary Onslaught/Elite Onslaught be changed to rotation AABC every 4 zones? i.e. Zone 1-A, Zone 2-A, Zone 3-B, Zone 4-C then repeating. I can't actually get parts from C reward bc nobody ever goes 8 zones for C reward and bc of the way this game mode functions it's near impossible to solo to zone 8 bc of the time restriction/spawns/tileset. 

I think this could be a fairly positive QoL change if can be done. Please and thank you. 

25 minutes ago, tabernacl said:

it's near impossible to solo to zone 8

Pre eximus rework I used to do viral/heat kuva nukor + Yareli/Aquablades + lot of strength + Roar. It was "hard" but I could go to 8 (unless there were bad tilesets).

Now after Eximus rework I agree that some part of game could get be little "easier".

Saryn is the Sanctuary cheese solution  for solo players.  Mod her for range, pop a spore (1st ability) and watch everything die in droves around you. 
The new eximus units are more beefier now but all the non-eximus will still die fast, keeping the kill efficiency up.

Jokingly, ESO is also called Equip Saryn Only because of how easy she makes this game mode.  (or quESO for its cheesiness)

If you bring non-meta frames to ESO and are playing solo, you won't make it to wave 8.  You'd need very RNG favorable tile sets at the very least that let enemies spawn close to you. 
Spare yourself the hassle and just use Saryn. 

Equinox is also popular but requires more input and energy.

20 hours ago, MystMan said:

Saryn is the Sanctuary cheese solution  for solo players.  Mod her for range, pop a spore (1st ability) and watch everything die in droves around you. 
The new eximus units are more beefier now but all the non-eximus will still die fast, keeping the kill efficiency up.

Jokingly, ESO is also called Equip Saryn Only because of how easy she makes this game mode.  (or quESO for its cheesiness)

If you bring non-meta frames to ESO and are playing solo, you won't make it to wave 8.  You'd need very RNG favorable tile sets at the very least that let enemies spawn close to you. 
Spare yourself the hassle and just use Saryn. 

Equinox is also popular but requires more input and energy.

I've been able to solo ESO to like 24+ with like... Mag, Rhino, Mirage, basically any frame aught to be able to do it these days. 8 isn't even hard, it's basically like going 20 minutes in survival but it takes a bit longer.

I agree with the topic, reward should be every wave because survival is not a good reward rate and hasn't been for many many many years now, and sanctuary is even worse than that. Solo ESO isn't even hard, though. Vauban can do it, Gara can do it, Khora can do it, Garuda can do it, etc.

I guess it might be harder because eximus rework or whatever, but when it was introduced, it was already easy enough that any frame could do 8+ without much effort.

ed: just tried frost, and it looks like they jacked up the efficiency requirements scaling after wave 8. I don't think there's any rewards in ESO that are essential, though, and regular sanctuary should be even easier. Made it to wave 12 pretty mindlessly.

34 minutes ago, Frendh said:

Reward every wave is unreasonable. Given what the rewards are and how long the average rotation is across all game modes. It is about game balance.

the average rotation time is bad, though, because it includes super slow defense nodes no one plays, interception missions no one plays for rewards, and garbage like defection.

8 hours ago, NezuHimeSama said:

the average rotation time is bad, though, because it includes super slow defense nodes no one plays, interception missions no one plays for rewards, and garbage like defection.

People play defense for rewards. In the very least Arbitration defense is played for rewards which is probably the most popular game mode in arbitrations when I play.  Arbitration defense is quite faster than survival in a few tilesets. Other tilesets are still faster. Normal defense is faster than survival for at least one full rotation given you have some damage and preparation. Interception and Salvage are also faster than survival.

And I bet defection is faster than survival too if you bring a nice setup.

6 hours ago, Frendh said:

People play defense for rewards. In the very least Arbitration defense is played for rewards which is probably the most popular game mode in arbitrations when I play.  Arbitration defense is quite faster than survival in a few tilesets. Other tilesets are still faster. Normal defense is faster than survival for at least one full rotation given you have some damage and preparation. Interception and Salvage are also faster than survival.

And I bet defection is faster than survival too if you bring a nice setup.

The reason for that is they gimped excavation rotations for arbis, and disruption doesn't come up often enough. Some of the defense nodes are actually quite fast, and those are the ones you see people do. Deimos, Mercury, Ceres, Saturn, Sedna, all reasonably fast nodes. You won't see many people doing Void, Uranus, or Corpus spaceship defense arbis for long, though, because they suck.

Defection might potentially be faster with a properly organized party, but the pathing is random and breaks often. In the last year, I've been in defection maybe 3 times, and 2 of those times, the pathing broke and the mission became impossible.

Archived