Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Have “Almost Unobtainable mods” or “Overly Rare Mods” easier to get, or easier to get a specific event

So, My goal is to make warframe have a lot less of a grind in specific areas, and some items that affect gameplay (sometimes Massively) are almost or even unobtainable, separating newer players apart from people who pay money or have been playing for years. Overall I’d like to see mods have a secondary source other than “Plague Star”, or “Event that only lasts for a day or two with a stupid low drop rate”. 

I myself am a mid-game player, but yet I see a ton of problems DE hasn’t fixed. I’ve noticed sometimes DE does try to help new players and such, but these players always get the short end of the stick. 

Ways to Fix this:

Make more rare events happen in Steel Path, unlike Thermia Fractures and Ghoul Purge.

Change Loot Tables for said mods

Add mods to more event enemies and such, for a larger loot pool

theres a lot of ways to change this, and I just wish that the experiences for newer players are much less grindy.

24 minutes ago, (XBOX)Astrolo1810 said:

Make more rare events happen in Steel Path, unlike Thermia Fractures and Ghoul Purge.

New players and Still path? Great joke.

25 minutes ago, (XBOX)Astrolo1810 said:

Add mods to more event enemies and such, for a larger loot pool

Maybe I get mod I want. Or maybe I get 10 I don't want.

27 minutes ago, (XBOX)Astrolo1810 said:

theres a lot of ways to change this, and I just wish that the experiences for newer players are much less grindy.

Not only for new players but I like 2 ideas:

- shop - you can drop it someway or buy for some standing or something

- multiple ways to acquire - You can farm Harrow in multiple places.

Mod drops from enemies and missions could do with an overhaul.  There's many variants on the standard Grineer and Corpus units that are recoloured and maybe given a different weapon for a different region but so often they have the same loot table.  For example Heavy Gunners, Arid Heavy Gunners and Frontier Heavy Gunners all have the same mod drops, Drekar and Demolisher are unique but Kuva and Tusk are the same.  There's a few there that could be changed to make room for other mods and ideally I'd want them to be geared towards what people likely need when they reach those regions.  Frontier troops should have a lot of core essentials but Arid should then step up to what you need next and the Grineer on the Plains shouldn't drop the same as those on Kuva Fortress.  I'd also like to see the mod drops from containers in Void Tower missions updated to make use of the four tiers to make containers more worthwhile in the higher level, end of star chart branch.  Make the branchs like an catch up region where the containers give you a chance at any mods you may have missed on the way to that point.

While I hate the stupid drop rates of 1%, well anything under 10% in all honesty, the odds of DE changing anything is slim.... why, because trading plat ultimately sees 'someone' buying plat and DE likes money.  The worst aspect of the low drop rates is you don't know if DE have even added the loot in the table.... it wouldn't be unheard of for something to be missed off or have the wrong drop rates (gyre....)

I'm at the point in the game where if I don't have a specific rare mod, the odds are I don't need it type of thing... I'm not going to specifically farm for it that's for sure. 

DE does go back and make it easier to get rare mods (and by rare mods I mean by drop chance not necessarily rarity) sometimes it does take an awful long time though. Recently we saw the acolyte mods moved to deimos as well as condition overload finally getting put on something other than just drekar butchers.

What plauge star mods are even rare? They all look super cheapo and common on market.

I mean, plauge star should actually reoccur is the issue, rather than the mods that drop there needing to be more common. Make it automagically every 6 months or whatever.

I have to agree here if i had to restart an account right now i would probably quit on the first good build research i did

a sh1t ton of needed mods are stuck behind grind walls and as a new player you have none

even if you can get to the newest content without grinding, DE should prevent new players from seeing the huge gap between them and older players especially because the grind does not benefit them in the long run

DE can't earn money if it doesn't get new players

I disagree. Drop rates are fine. It is a horde shooter.  So there will be a ton of mobs killed. I have not gone through all mods, but even really rare mods like Blaze takes me at most 6 hours to farm from scratch by farming things to sell for plat then trade for it with 60 plat or less from another player.

There are easy mods to get and there are difficult mods to get. It is how it should be. It is a grinding game after all.

I do not see why newer players should not be separated from veteran players. Someone who has farmed for 100 hours does not deserve to have the things someone who has farmed for 1000 hours.

And DE has already diluted the item pool for top tier items by A LOT. Examples, the eidolon arcanes such as Arcane Energize. Acolyte mods, kuva weapons, old primes etc.

When did blaze become rare? It's a reward for clearing nightmare missions, and isn't even really relevant anymore. If you want rad cold and have no riven, I guess, but if you want corrosive cold or viral electric, both of which are highly meta and very viable by comparison, it's not even compatible anymore.

Furthermore, there's no real downside to having a more capable player in your party, as far as getting drops or whatever goes. Affinity is 100% shared to all players who can so much as not drag behind too badly, good drops are typically marked and/or mission rewards, and if you really hate being carried, you can always run solo or with friends anyway.

The only problem is the same problem they've always had, using time limited events to pad numbers, locking exclusive content behind it, and then not making that content available in general. That, and the stupid waitframe bosses that take an age to just hurry up and die already for no real reason, just to pad out the time it takes to farm something like Trinity or Equinox, which is an entirely separate issue to this.

Archived