The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Should I get Lavos or Titania.

I'm bored, so I decided to get another Warframe. I'm worried that I will choose another frame who is only unique because of a single gimmick and becomes boring, or is hard to mod. So, I decided to let you all choose. Should I go for Lavos (spam cast a ton of elements?), or Titania (smol frame)? Idk how hard it is to farm lavos and idk how consistently his abilities can be used, but I also don't know how well Titania's abilities preform (other than her 4, I know that's good.)

Titania isn't actually a gimmick. You can play her for "meta" modes like Open Worlds, Index, Interception and ZARRiman! Then after that you can have fun learning that if you get weird with modding and want to try new stuff, she's still really fun and powerful to try versatile and different builds with like a high range Larva CC Titania, cast speed boosted switch bomber for Arbitrations, Defense focused builds, very adaptable!

Playing in Razorwing is fine, realizing that you can whack something with a Sporelacer hit from mid air after activating your secondary arcane procs and maxing viral stacks on it is divine. 

I am not biased. I do not have 35% Titania playtime and I definitely did not pick a game name like this because I tried to choose "errant_butterfly.npc" but got threatened by the game's profanity filter for using the word Butterfly so you can trust me. 

Lavos doesn't love you and I feel like you're going to be married to a life of sitting in your Railjack waiting for your skills to come off cooldown if you go down that road. 

Choose life. Pick Titania.

9 minutes ago, cute_moth.npc said:

Titania isn't actually a gimmick. You can play her for "meta" modes like Open Worlds, Index, Interception and ZARRiman! Then after that you can have fun learning that if you get weird with modding and want to try new stuff, she's still really fun and powerful to try versatile and different builds with like a high range Larva CC Titania, cast speed boosted switch bomber for Arbitrations, Defense focused builds, very adaptable!

Playing in Razorwing is fine, realizing that you can whack something with a Sporelacer hit from mid air after activating your secondary arcane procs and maxing viral stacks on it is divine. 

I am not biased. I do not have 35% Titania playtime and I definitely did not pick a game name like this because I tried to choose "errant_butterfly.npc" but got threatened by the game's profanity filter for using the word Butterfly so you can trust me. 

Lavos doesn't love you and I feel like you're going to be married to a life of sitting in your Railjack waiting for your skills to come off cooldown if you go down that road. 

Choose life. Pick Titania.

Fun fact: when I first started Warframe, Titania Prime was the newest Warframe. She was the first frame for me to see ingame as she greeted me from the starting screen. (My first frame to see come out after starting was Protea.)

Titania would actually be a fitting frame to use a ton because of this, I even still remember her flying around in the Orokin tileset in the load screen.

(I started right before the first Murex Waves from Scarlet Spear since I saw the red letters mentioning them.)

vor 24 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Upl0rdYT:

I'm bored, so I decided to get another Warframe. I'm worried that I will choose another frame who is only unique because of a single gimmick and becomes boring, or is hard to mod. So, I decided to let you all choose. Should I go for Lavos (spam cast a ton of elements?), or Titania (smol frame)? Idk how hard it is to farm lavos and idk how consistently his abilities can be used, but I also don't know how well Titania's abilities preform (other than her 4, I know that's good.)

both good warframes. lavos is top for railjack. and titania can bliz missions + unlock this strange riven challenged on earth.

Titania is all about maintaining her 4. It’s quite powerful, and can be used in a variety of settings. 
Lavos is probably most useful as a Railjack pilot, since his abilities are cool down based.

Of the two I’d pick Titania.

titania is pretty useful on void floods on zariman and quite capable in just about any mission in all honesty, but it is quite heavily focused around pixie mode.

Lavos....great as railjack pilot, wouldn't be my first choice for anything else though.

Out of the two I'd pick titania

To further clarify how I see Lavos, I imagine him as stacking as many status as possible like viral, heat, cold, corrosive, radiation. And then do a ton of dmg with CO but idk how that would actually work out in practice since cooldowns would probably be annoying despite having extra status duration.

Titania, as much as I love my alchemy boy he doesn't do much. He has stupid high damage but it's not practical damage and takes far too long to setup, even the fastest of my setups took around 4.5ish seconds to apply all elements. He has hard hits for sure if you can use him well, but he needs a lot of mechanical skill to function

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

I can get both, but I was asking which I should go for first. Unless I spend money or farm a very large amount of plat I can't farm both frames at the same time.

Titania is a quest frame and Lavos you just buy from an NPC, you don't need to farm them all that hard

Just now, (XBOX)Upl0rdYT said:

Titania Prime is easy to get, I could buy her from someone for $5 or even trade in some prime junk for plat.

And Titania regular is even easier: if you did the quest, she should already be in your foundry, ready for crafting right now

As you can see, most seem to vouch for Titania. She's fun, and can clear captures and some assassination maps in under a minute (phorid).

But I enjoy Lavos better. He's as unkillable as Inaros (or better, in some cases) when built correctly. He can use every elemental damage type any time you need them. And the cooldown funtion is interesting as long as you're good with timing or numbers. He's also the only frame that I've ever seen break 1 million damage with a single ability cast, due to his 4 doubling in damage for every elemental effect on an enemy. Watching the fire procs alone tick for 100-600k over and over is hilarious on the enemies that can actually survive it. He doesn't have to worry about energy loss, magnetic procs, or even status effects (his passive makes him immune to all status procs for 10 seconds any time you pick up an energy or universal orb).

Titania prime parts can be bought for plat reletively cheap (49-50 plat on warframe.market right now). But Lavos can be farmed using 20k Deimos rep very easily.

Just now, FishMcCool said:

Did you ever get annoyed by the "Not enough energy" message? Lavos never did.

That is true, but Titania also has her augument that gives energy so it's not like titania needs the energy either, so not really that much of an improvement over Titania in this scenario especially considering that lavos also  requires an augument for minimum cooldown time.

To do it though you need sickening pulse subsumed on your 2, the ophidian bite augment, natural talent, and an epitaph with viral to make up the loss in cold and I think you also need at least 72% duration at the absolute minimum, can't confirm my times with the wiki though so you might be able to get away with less. You also need at the fastest I believe around 145% efficiency, but again no wiki to confirm any of this because this is stupid as hell.

Hold 1+3, 3, Hold 3+4, 1, 2, fire epitaph shot, hold 4, 1, hold 1+4, 3, hold 1+4, 4, delay, 2

Step by step explained is

Holding 1+3 gives your transmutation probe corrosive, giving you 2 elements for catalyze,

Holding 3+4 gives your ophidian bite radiation, adding to 4 elements for catalyze. If you're running radiation on your epitaph you can remove this step. But I wouldn't recommend that as it hasn't been very consistent for me.

Hitting 2 after just refreshes your status durations so they don't run out, and also maxes out your corrosive and radiation stacks which is pretty nice.

Fire an epitaph shot as fast as possible during the downtime of your 2 so you don't have to awkwardly try and shoot it midway through a combo. This epitaph shot can be left out in lower level things easily, and by lower level I mean like everything below 200 in steel path this is complete overkill. That said doing this brings your elements to 7

Then repeat this process but with 2 different elements

Holding 4 gives your ophidian bite heat, bringing you to 5/8 elements. 

Holding 1+4 gives your probe gas, bringing you up to 6/9 elements

Holding 1+4 gives your catalyze gas for AOE after catalyze ends.

Then delay hitting your 2 until your 4's duration hits around 0.5 seconds, at this point catalyze will have hit the majority of what it'll hit, and you can use sickening pulse safely without it missing things that catalyze hit after it was activated. 

The damage of this is completely nuts which is great because it's decently hard.

So on the catalyze that doesn't utilize the epitaph and with base strength, you get around 256,000 damage on the initial hit, and then end up with gas procs that hit for 1,280,000 damage per hit, with the targets of this effect also having 90% of their armor stripped from the combined maxed out corrosive procs + the heat procs.

Not bad but it can be better, keep in mind that the condition overload scaling on Lavos' 4 is exponential, which leads to the ridiculous damage that it does with a primer.

Assuming you do this exact same thing but instead use your epitaph just once, you will be looking at atleast 4,096,000 damage and that's if you only hit one viral proc, with this damage with max viral procs being 8,704,000 damage on the initial hit. Combined with gas procs this damage is equal to 20,480,000 damage per gas tick at one proc, and 43,520,000 damage per gas proc hit at max viral stacks. Keep in mind that this is gas we're talking about too, the element that has a 6m AOE at max stacks, and that you also have 90% armor strip from corrosive and heat. 

Too much nerding out gonna go cry now

This is from like 5 months ago, and it's kinda outdated now. But Lavos is capable of extremely high damage numbers especially when using gas as his element with sickening pulse.

3 minutes ago, Josh486 said:

To do it though you need sickening pulse subsumed on your 2, the ophidian bite augment, natural talent, and an epitaph with viral to make up the loss in cold and I think you also need at least 72% duration at the absolute minimum, can't confirm my times with the wiki though so you might be able to get away with less. You also need at the fastest I believe around 145% efficiency, but again no wiki to confirm any of this because this is stupid as hell.

Hold 1+3, 3, Hold 3+4, 1, 2, fire epitaph shot, hold 4, 1, hold 1+4, 3, hold 1+4, 4, delay, 2

Holding 1+3 gives your transmutation probe corrosive, giving you 2 elements for catalyze,

Holding 3+4 gives your ophidian bite radiation, adding to 4 elements for catalyze. If you're running radiation on your epitaph you can remove this step. But I wouldn't recommend that as it hasn't been very consistent for me.

Hitting 2 after just refreshes your status durations so they don't run out, and also maxes out your corrosive and radiation stacks which is pretty nice.

Fire an epitaph shot as fast as possible during the downtime of your 2 so you don't have to awkwardly try and shoot it midway through a combo. This epitaph shot can be left out in lower level things easily, and by lower level I mean like everything below 200 in steel path this is complete overkill. That said doing this brings your elements to 7

Then delay hitting your 2 until your 4's duration hits around 0.5 seconds, at this point catalyze will have hit the majority of what it'll hit, and you can use sickening pulse safely without it missing things that catalyze hit after it was activated. 

The damage of this is completely nuts which is great because it's decently hard.

So on the catalyze that doesn't utilize the epitaph and with base strength, you get around 256,000 damage on the initial hit, and then end up with gas procs that hit for 1,280,000 damage per hit, with the targets of this effect also having 90% of their armor stripped from the combined maxed out corrosive procs + the heat procs.

Not bad but it can be better, keep in mind that the condition overload scaling on Lavos' 4 is exponential, which leads to the ridiculous damage that it does with a primer.

Assuming you do this exact same thing but instead use your epitaph just once, you will be looking at atleast 4,096,000 damage and that's if you only hit one viral proc, with this damage with max viral procs being 8,704,000 damage on the initial hit. Combined with gas procs this damage is equal to 20,480,000 damage per gas tick at one proc, and 43,520,000 damage per gas proc hit at max viral stacks. Keep in mind that this is gas we're talking about too, the element that has a 6m AOE at max stacks, and that you also have 90% armor strip from corrosive and heat. 

This is from like 5 months ago, and it's kinda outdated now. But Lavos is capable of extremely high damage numbers especially when using gas as his element with sickening pulse.

That sounds cool, definitely will try it when I end up trying lavos for myself.

4 minutes ago, Josh486 said:

Spoiler

With just a kuva nukor and a raw status proc build you can break 1 million with Lavos's 4, on top of crazy 100k-200k procs.

Archived