Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe for Linux?

Mikhael222

Hey so there is this Spyware going around that is posing as a professional operating system, called "Windows."  I hear from a reliable source that version 11 of this spyware is also going to mandate front-facing HD cameras on every applicable device in 2023, so that's fun to think about having Billy Boy Gates and his gang watching people in their houses.

Will Warframe ever come natively to Linux?  I know Steam Proton is a thing, but a native build would be awesome.  And considering the fact that Windows is about to go even more totalitarian, I think there will be an increasing demand for Linux-based software.

This would be awesome! native linux warframe, hopefully as a flatpak for maximum compatibillity with all distros; and decent sandboxing

if they end up doing it they just need to make sure to nail nvidia bugs cuz there driver SUCKS!

also works great through proton GE

there is a strange bug on gnome if you click out of the game though whole thing freezes

full screen seems to fix it

You know... Bill Gates isn't running Microsoft anymore and hasn't run Microsoft for like 15 22 years or something like that.

Bill Gates is definitely no angel as a former Microsoft CEO, but I bet even he is probably appalled by the widespread invasion of privacy.

1 hour ago, vanaukas said:

proton works absolutely fantastic AFAIK, I'm migrating this month towards linux too so if anyone has some experience to share, it would be great

Proton profiles are usually outdated, as well as any plugin libraries used on them.

... I suggest making and maintaining your own Wine profiles, as you can keep those up-to-date.

Not that Proton's profiles give such a bad performance, it simply doesn't allow you to get the most of your hardware.

------------------------------ x ------------------------------

For those wondering, graphics performance & usage are based in hardware capabilities on any Linux distro, not software as usually happens on the previously mentioned "Spyware", and the computer (and its parts) will only work as necessary, and not 2x or 3x more than it really has to just because of "two specific processes" (a.k.a. "Spyware Trusted Installer Module" & "System Idle Process")...

Users might have to download (assume that they have to) and install the GPU's firmware with Mesa driver. Might be possible to do the same for nVidia card users but~ I can't confirm it.

Users can also expect a reduction of temperature values of 3 Cs, average, pretty much everywhere under somewhat "intensive" use... And a more stable performance overall.

Serious advice:

• Do not get Ubuntu. Get Debian.
    • Ubuntu's releases are all built directly from the alpha testing (probably has another name, haven't checked) branch from Debian's repository. This means that everything it has is up-to-date to the extreme, sure, but its severely unprotected, severely bugged, severely not optimized (for those wondering, that means "crappy performance" on Ubuntu itself, even more on other applications), and always at risk of having severe functionality losses per update.
    • Debian, as "outdated" as most people may think, is actually 2x to 3x better overall than Ubuntu's latest release. When it has updates, it has fixes and performance gains guaranteed pretty much in the same update... Also, no functionality losses anywhere.

------------------------------ x ------------------------------

1 hour ago, nslay said:

Bill Gates is definitely no angel as a former Microsoft CEO, but I bet even he is probably appalled by the widespread invasion of privacy.

Bill Gates will only react when his own company, even if he isn't the CEO anymore, when they drop the commands & cvars that have been in use since Win95 (Honestly,it was all fine up until the release of Spyware8. Anyway...) that he can use to simply and effectively turn off everything he doesn't like... If he doesn't react to Spyware11, he'll certainly react to the next one...

... Remember people, Spyware10 was supposed to be their "last OS"... Supposedly 🤣

vor 7 Stunden schrieb Mikhael222:

Hey so there is this Spyware going around that is posing as a professional operating system, called "Windows."  I hear from a reliable source that version 11 of this spyware is also going to mandate front-facing HD cameras on every applicable device in 2023, so that's fun to think about having Billy Boy Gates and his gang watching people in their houses.

Will Warframe ever come natively to Linux?  I know Steam Proton is a thing, but a native build would be awesome.  And considering the fact that Windows is about to go even more totalitarian, I think there will be an increasing demand for Linux-based software.

The truth is that Linux on consumer desktop systems always has been and still is something for tinkering tech enthusiasts by tinkering tech enthusiasts - people for whom the OS itself is a hobby. It’s not up to the standards of the general public, and no one is trying to change that because everyone who uses it and develops for it is content with the current state.

Warframe is rated Gold at Proton DB, and the Proton community is very proud that 70% of Top 100 games have a Gold rating or better. „Gold“ means it doesn’t work right, but it can be made to work right with enough tinkering. That’s the Standard the Linux community works to:„It works fantastic. Unless you run it in windowed mode, then it crashes, so only run it full screen.“

Archived