Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Armor 2.0 Which Weapon Will Be Screwed?

Chaosdreamer

i already posted this in a similar thread, but i would like to get more opinions on this:

in my opinion it would have been sufficient, to change all AP-Mods, like no return for example, that they don't ADD damage, but CONVERT damage to armor-ignore. so that no return would make a weapon's damage 90% armor ignoring, but have no effect on already armor ignoring weapons. those would still have the advantage of not requiring said mod and leave that slot for something else, but that wouldn't leave such a big gap i think.

i know it's too late, but BOOM problem solved...

I hope Weapons which are more of overall type for all types of missions will become more viable in late game. By that I mean Supra and Gorgon are great mission weapons which are not good in late game. I hope Bullet damage type gets more love or Weapons like Supra and Gorgon will get more love.

-Flux rifle: will be superior for infested and good for greneer, but useless against corpus (flux sucks with shields and how they will be scaled).

-Soma: will be good against corpus and normal against infested, but will be out performed by something with armor ignore against greneer.

-Snipetron/Snipetron Vandal/Lanka/Vulkar/Vectis/Paris/Paris Prime: Good against greneer and normal for infested and normal for corpus, however the shield scaling will cause them to become sub-par against the corpus at high levels.

....Wut.

I know right? Try bringing an Afuris to high level pluto even modded out with a potato in it, it still won't hold a candle to the Brakk/Bronco Prime/Despair.

That and the whole 'all weapons are viable, but some are more viable than others' and my Animal Farm remark shows that some people don't quite get what viable means.

Do people just say stuff to increase their post count? So much worthless commentary. Say something to answer about the topic at hand or go be trolly somewhere else? I think it depends on how good the elemental combinations our but my bet is that weapons that deal elemental damage will either be at the top or Tue bottum of the totem pole.

I have a feeling the grakata might achieve godhood depending on the proc chance, in the current system it had a huge burst output when maxed out

I doubt Grakata will be as good as the other weapons. Its burst DPS is very high, sure. Ammo efficiency is pretty crap tho. Burst damage is not that useful when you're trying to last 30 minutes in T3 Defense/Survival

Edited by -..-

Not true. Lethal Torrent solved that issue. Afuris is still godlike sustained burst.

Sustained Burst makes no goddamn sense. Burst is just that, periods of doing nothing then you get a massive spike of damage. The Lex is a burst weapon, the Afuris is a sustained weapon.

If procs are still planned to be crit based, anything with high rof and crit chance will proc all the time. So the synapse will proc 100% of the time really quickly apparently, we'll see how that works.

It will be interesting to say the least...

Actually they mentioned in a livestream that they went back on that idea. Crits will be crits, nothing else thankfully!

On the topic, armour itself is going to change, not as many enemies will have armour. Damage types will have different effects on different enemies, maybe armour piercing will wreck robotic enemies, fire might stop shield regen or something. Damage 2.0 is not a nerf because damage application and resistances are changing completely, it will be a different system entirely.

I doubt Grakata will be as good as the other weapons. Its burst DPS is very high, sure. Ammo efficiency is pretty crap tho. Burst damage is not that useful when you're trying to last 30 minutes in T3 Defense/Survival

I never seem to have issues with it, and I couple it with my twin gremlins

player preference :p

Sustained Burst makes no goddamn sense. Burst is just that, periods of doing nothing then you get a massive spike of damage. The Lex is a burst weapon, the Afuris is a sustained weapon.

Sustained burst takes place when the DPS of a weapon is so high that it kills the target in less than a second, but the clip is so large that the process can be repeated multiple times without reloading.

Modded correctly (aka the obvious 8) the Afuris can down Corpus targets in as little as 5 bullets and as much as 15 (level 75 corpus approx)

Because of the extremely high fire rate (Which couldn't be achieved until Lethal Torrent was added) 15 bullets fired is around 0.8 seconds. Combined with a clip of nearly 100, I can "burst" 10 enemies quicker than the Brakk (who will have to reload after 7 even though it did more damage per shot)

Same goes with the Acrid: Until you get to around level 120-150, the Afuris can out burst and out dps the Acrid because it's "effective damage" is not wasted.

~Lightning Crackling~

Post 7000

Edited by Archistopheles

Watch the Strun Wraith, Acrid and Brakk go straight down the toilet.

Nope to including Strun Wraith, because anyone with sense puts Blaze & Incendiary Coat on Strun Wraith to begin with (Especially good against all things you find grinding on Xini or Kappa). There's no room for other elements outside of the AP mods, since you want Ammo Mutation & any damage multipliers like Hell's Chamber, Ravage paired with Blunderbuss, and Point Blank. My main two builds involve swapping in and out Incendiary Coat/Shotgun Ammo Mutation/Accelerated Blast/Flechette as needed depending on mission type, and not so much enemy type (for instance on a Rescue mission, there's no point taking Shotgun Ammo Mutation since the mission is rather short).

The verdict is still out on Tainted Shell & Vicious Spread. I haven't personally used them so won't comment on their current effectiveness or lack thereof (although I suspect Vicious Spread might be better on some of the "lesser" shotguns that already start with a tight spread).

Edited by thejynxed

I hope the Seer is changed to one of the fire damage subtypes to match it's animations (the bullet and impact are little fire explosions) and make it a viable weapon....

because to me it's fun to use...and right now it IS sub par.

And I also think some of the weapons that had too much cheap power will be nodged down a little while some utterly bad (yes there is some bad weapons...no need to cover this up) might see some rise in usefulness.

Edited by Shehriazad

As others have mentioned, Update 11 will supposedly make every type of damage just as viable as armor-ignore.  Due to this, any weapon which relies on armor-ignore will probably be nerfed, and any good weapon which does not have innate armor-ignore will become extremely good. 

Weapons with innate armor-ignore:

-(Ak)Bolto

-Boltor

-Kunai

-Paris (Prime)

-Twin Gremlins

-Ballistica

-Despair

-Snipetron (Vandal)

-Vectis

-Flux Rifle

-Hikou

-Lanka

-Miter

-Spectra

-Acrid

-Torid

-Embolist

So, expect all of those weapons to take a hit in functionality.  Sadly, a few of those weapons aren't all that good even now.  Meanwhile, weapons such as the Ogris, Ignis, Synapse, Brakk, Strun Wraith, and Soma will probably all be more powerful than they are now (and I'm betting at least half of them will get nerfed as a result).  On the positive side, armor 2.0 should be a great start towards making the majority of weapons more viable. 

Actually they mentioned in a livestream that they went back on that idea. Crits will be crits, nothing else thankfully!

I thought I remembered that, which is why I said "If it's still planned," but thanks for clearing that up.

I have no idea what will reign supreme then, but I'll probably stick to my same favorites regardless of their damage output unless doing so would be utterly stupid in certain situations.

As others have mentioned, Update 11 will supposedly make every type of damage just as viable as armor-ignore.  Due to this, any weapon which relies on armor-ignore will probably be nerfed, and any good weapon which does not have innate armor-ignore will become extremely good. 

-(Ak)Bolto

-Boltor

-Kunai

-Paris (Prime)

-Twin Gremlins

-Ballistica

-Despair

-Snipetron (Vandal)

-Vectis

-Flux Rifle

-Hikou

-Lanka

-Miter

-Spectra

-Acrid

-Torid

-Embolist

So, expect all of those weapons to take a hit in functionality.  Sadly, a few of those weapons aren't all that good even now.  Meanwhile, weapons such as the Ogris, Ignis, Synapse, Brakk, Strun Wraith, and Soma will probably all be more powerful than they are now (and I'm betting at least half of them will get nerfed as a result).  On the positive side, armor 2.0 should be a great start towards making the majority of weapons more viable. 

Snipetron (Vandal), Vectis, and Despair are not armor ignore, they are armor piercing damage. Also what about melee weapons and those with armor ignore such as the Dual Ethers?

Edited by FateZero

-(Ak)Bolto

-Boltor

-Kunai

-Paris (Prime)

-Twin Gremlins

-Ballistica

-Despair

-Snipetron (Vandal)

-Vectis

-Flux Rifle

-Hikou

-Lanka

-Miter

-Spectra

-Acrid

-Torid

-Embolist

Fragor, Furax, Kestrel (I think) and obviously Hek need to be mentioned as well. Paris also ignores armor. Remember, Armor ignore is an umbrella term.

Armor Piercing

Toxic

Serrated Blade

Physics Impact

Those are the four damage types that ignore armor.