Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Armor 2.0 Which Weapon Will Be Screwed?

Chaosdreamer

As the title ,who will be the news "kings" who will be the forgetten weapon?

Is Soma / Supra / Braton news tops weapons?

What about Acrid /Brakk/despair ?Flux rifle RIP to?

I'm expecting the Amphis Staff and the Synapse Rifle to get a real surge (no pun intended) in popularity. I'm not sure if the Ignis won't be able to slow down enemies anymore, but i don't expect it to effect much.

Weapons which had innate AP and got even more bonus damage from AP mods might get a little nerfed though..

The update is an equalizer, not a nerf or buff to weapons.

Edit: rapid firing weapons will be nice for procs

Is still remain some sort of Nerf , since Scott(not sure if it was him) but being Rainbow build wouldnd work anymore good as now , but more focusing into single Element,for getting equalizer , you need to Nerf 

I think it be a bit more balanced than it currently is. Weapons that we're forced to throw away because they don't have innate armor ignore will once again be useful, but the current "kings of damage" will still probably hold on to their titles.

Based on what Scott said, we can at least expect to see some weapons be weaker in some situations compared to others, like how they said that bullet-type weapons will do more damage to light units than AP-type weapons. Going in with multiple armor-ignoring weapons might actually result in some difficulty dealing with groups of light targets now.

Soma already is a high-tier weapon.

I'm expecting the Amphis Staff and the Synapse Rifle to get a real surge (no pun intended) in popularity. I'm not sure if the Ignis won't be able to slow down enemies anymore, but i don't expect it to effect much.

Synapse without Volt's shield should get a buff, and Synapse with Volt's shield should get a small nerf in my opinion.

Is still remain some sort of Nerf , since Scott(not sure if it was him) but being Rainbow build wouldnd work anymore good as now , but more focusing into single Element,for getting equalizer , you need to Nerf 

It'll be more single-dual elements. Personally, I'll be shooting for Ice/Toxic, 'cause of its combination of Health Erasing.

If I got it right, there are two main things:

1) all damage types will be somewhat equal

2) elemental bonus from mods will be restricted to one element

So, weapons with high raw DPS and hi crit damage should benefit most. In other words, stick with you Soma, it should become even better.

Edited by AlienOvermind

I think people already forgot about rainbow ennemy's, weapons will fall in to 3 category of dmg, elemantals combine to one elemental and rebalance of all the weapon and mods.Soma from what i heard (a few times)is getting look at because of it crit....

I think every op weapons will be nerf a bit and crappy weapons will get boosted to try be more balance but i bet it wont last long...

I think people already forgot about rainbow ennemy's, weapons will fall in to 3 category of dmg, elemantals combine to one elemental and rebalance of all the weapon and mods.Soma from what i heard (a few times)is getting look at because of it crit....

I think every op weapons will be nerf a bit and crappy weapons will get boosted to try be more balance but i bet it wont last long...

Given that there are no direct weapon changes i dont see how anything's getting a 'nerf'

What this is guaranteed to do is force every player to go over every mod they have and rethink their entire build from Warframe to Sentinel.

The new combo elements sound very interesting to me. Blast Sounds like it's gonna take an AR and turn it into an automatic grenade launcher (yes they really exist.) Or take A Rocket Launcher and upgrade its output to nuclear status.

A Latron Prime however if you decide to go the crits route could become your best friend.

Should be interesting to see.

The idea is to make all weapons viable, but some more viable than others.

At the moment no weapon is really sub-par (though a few really shine) and I expect it will stay much the same.

Exactly though you can not argue that the MK1-Braton is really not worth using, it has low fire rate and does less damage than most weapons anyways so it's DPS is really poor. The only good things about it is accuracy and it never runs out of ammo in theory. Though ammo thing is debatable as if you need to fire multiple clips to kill an enemy because of poor damage, the ammo consumption is not that good either because of that.

It is true that most weapons actually are somewhat viable end game but MK1-Braton at least is not worth using in any case, even if I would love to play with AK-47 like weapon.