Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Armor 2.0 Which Weapon Will Be Screwed?

Chaosdreamer

If armor ignore gets nerfed then so do 99% of all the melee weapons.

As others have mentioned, Update 11 will supposedly make every type of damage just as viable as armor-ignore.  Due to this, any weapon which relies on armor-ignore will probably be nerfed, and any good weapon which does not have innate armor-ignore will become extremely good. 

Weapons with innate armor-ignore:

-(Ak)Bolto

-Boltor

-Kunai

-Paris (Prime)

-Twin Gremlins

-Ballistica

-Despair

-Snipetron (Vandal)

-Vectis

-Flux Rifle

-Hikou

-Lanka

-Miter

-Spectra

-Acrid

-Torid

-Embolist

So, expect all of those weapons to take a hit in functionality.  Sadly, a few of those weapons aren't all that good even now.  Meanwhile, weapons such as the Ogris, Ignis, Synapse, Brakk, Strun Wraith, and Soma will probably all be more powerful than they are now (and I'm betting at least half of them will get nerfed as a result).  On the positive side, armor 2.0 should be a great start towards making the majority of weapons more viable. 

Gee, almost all my fav weapons will get nerfed, many of which already had travel time to contend with.  DE must have it in for players like me.

Edited by ThePresident777

I believe poison, serrated blade, and physics impact will take the biggest hit considering people only use them cuz they are viable vs all factions.....since armor 2.0 will touch on faction weakness, i believe non-armor ignore weapons might be on par or even better if it has more sheer dps. *cough* supra

Snipetron (Vandal), Vectis, and Despair are not armor ignore, they are armor piercing damage. Also what about melee weapons and those with armor ignore such as the Dual Ethers?

Armor-piercing damage is one of the 4 types of armor ignoring damage (the others being poison, physics impact, and serrated blade).  So yes, those weapons are armor ignore. 

Since almost all melee weapons deal armor ignore damage (at least with charged attacks), we can probably expect melee weapons as a whole to be broken for the first week or so. 

Fragor, Furax, Kestrel (I think) and obviously Hek need to be mentioned as well. Paris also ignores armor.

I included Paris in my list.  I ignored the melee weapons because pretty much all of them are effected. 

Guest Shibboleet

Soma already is a high-tier weapon.

Synapse without Volt's shield should get a buff, and Synapse with Volt's shield should get a small nerf in my opinion.

Soma starts to die out at around level 1000, lord acrid does not

I think they are not that stu*id, I mean DE managed to deliver till now too so give them a chance.

Also I very much hope they will have time for everything because the real problem would be not them turning towards a gun but forgetting about one.

-

q86d.png -

Like the current state of Sentinel weapons.

The Shade's burst laser or the Wyrm's rifle are weak as hell compared to others with their about 10 and 22 dps while the Dethcube's machine gun is already over 41dps and it's not even really inaccurate (especially that it's hitscan while the former two doesn't seem like it). Maybe I shouldn't even mention the Sweeper of the Carrier - which is over 100dps unmodded!

You guys are completely missing the point of Damage 2.0

It changes enemy armor AND weapon damage.

The point of Armor/Damage 2.0 is to encourage weapon diversity among the playerbase.  The effect of Armor/Damage 2.0 will be a few people doing some math on the numbers and determining the new generally-effective weapons that are most useful in the widest variety of situations; we will then have a brand new list of which weapons are viable and which weapons aren't to replace our existing lists with.

Did you expect something else?

Soma starts to die out at around level 1000, lord acrid does not

>Level 1000

If anyone is ever making ANY balance decisions based on what is most effective against Level 1000 enemies (Is that even possible? Do Defense enemies scale that high, and is it possible to actually get to them if they do?), then that person should be fired and strangled. Hell, even at level 100 the game really doesn't make much sense mechanically anymore. If something is the only good weapon past a certain level, that weapon should be nerfed and levels should stop going that high. Trying to extend the entire game to catch up with a tiny fraction of it is pointless, and only serves to ruin the parts that are actually fun.

Soma is an excellent weapon against enemies of any remotely sensible level.

Guest Shibboleet

>Level 1000

If anyone is ever making ANY balance decisions based on what is most effective against Level 1000 enemies (Is that even possible? Do Defense enemies scale that high, and is it possible to actually get to them if they do?), then that person should be fired and strangled. Hell, even at level 100 the game really doesn't make much sense mechanically anymore. If something is the only good weapon past a certain level, that weapon should be nerfed and levels should stop going that high. Trying to extend the entire game to catch up with a tiny fraction of it is pointless, and only serves to ruin the parts that are actually fun.

Soma is an excellent weapon against enemies of any remotely sensible level.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/130795-level-2190%E2%80%99s-no-problem/

Not just the acrid is the best even at this level; many are, but the soma isn't one of them.

Pure elemental base damage weapons will be getting a huge buff IMO, because to earn any elemental combination effect with that element requires one fewer mod  slot since you already deal that damage type by default, vs bullet needed to use mod slots to get both.

Guest Shibboleet

If you think soma isn't one of them, you modded your soma wrong.

A crit build + ammo mutation is hard to screw up?

Did you even click that link?

Edited by Shibboleet

Soma will be ridiculously overpowered.

It's already stronger than weapons that ignore armor. With armor removed, Soma will be twice as strong as the next closest thing. The awful things like Lex and Sicarius will be slightly more useful in comparison to things like Kunai and Twin Gremlins, but will still be weaker.

So basically, the only real change is the Soma becomes the be all end all.

Edited by SanityRobot

At a guess:

Gutted weapons, the new "burst fire" if you will: Boltor, Acrid, any bow, Flux, Spectra, Gremlins, Embolist (which is pretty poor anyway), thrown AP weps.

Still usesless weapons: 1hand melee, Sicarus, Vulkar

Mediocre weapons: pretty much everything else, untill many, many rebalance patches are done.

It's beta, they tend to do things rather heavy handedly initially (remember our recent wonderfull stamina change ?)

Guest Shibboleet

i guess brakk might become king of secondaries if bullet damage does more after 2.0.

The brakk seems to be on par with the acrid against level 1000+ enemies after full corrosive. I don't have exact math on this, only personal testing.Sadly other secondary bullet weapons still pale in comparison...either they run out of ammo too quickly, or their dpb (damage per bullet) isn't great enough.