Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path is the Only Content I Play Now

CrownOfShadows

Would just like to say that Steel Path is pretty much all I play these days and would be interested to hear if it's the same for everyone who's cleared the SP starchart.

I still mess around with Veil RJ, Sorties, and some other stuff, but mostly it's SP.

Steel Path Incursions are great - would love more Steel Path content.

Likewise. Enemies in normal starchart missions are just too squishy to provide any compelling gameplay with my maxed out loadouts. Plus Steel Essence is a valuable resource to farm for. 

The only exception is when I'm cracking relics in void fissures. (when are you going to add Steel Path Void Fissures, DE?)

Sort of.

Not because I like it, but because that's just  the main thing I have on my list for regular upkeep - along with Sorties.

Except I just really can't be bothered with Sponge Path Defense/Excav/Interception because they're slow/force specific frames/all around pain in the posterior compared to the rest. Yes, that does mean I'd more likely do Defection than those.

In terms of essence income, knocking off a few incursions on the regular versus dealing with Sponge Path modifiers and the now-overloaded Eximi (also stacking together) for an extended endless mission?
Yeah I'll take the steady tithe from daily duties thanks.
..Which is itself now mostly to take the edge off the relic system being horrid to engage with in the 'normal' way, since I don't spend that much Essence on the weekly rotation and I have enough arcane adapters for the entire game's selection of weapons. And because I don't suffer Kuva addictions.

17 hours ago, CrownOfShadows said:

Would just like to say that Steel Path is pretty much all I play these days and would be interested to hear if it's the same for everyone who's cleared the SP starchart.

I still mess around with Veil RJ, Sorties, and some other stuff, but mostly it's SP.

Steel Path Incursions are great - would love more Steel Path content.

Same here. The vast majority of the time I only play regular missions as there is no Steel Path equivalent eg Sorties, Fissure missions etc. Sadly with the power creep we've received since the release of SP, that's also become too easy since enemies are made of paper.

That being said, I'd at least like to have more Steel Path options.

Sure, kind of the same.

In the past few weeks all i did in WF was building Forma to finally finish my Dojo rooms i left unbuilt for years (lol)afk. in relays in case someone gives a bless to maybe farm some Kuva (lol, no one does it anymore)and cheese Steel Path Incursions with Revenant for Steel Essence, again for Kuva-i'm at 19 rolls on my Daikyu riven and decided to rebuild my Daikyu to try it with one of the skins i had for it for a while now.

I still run fissures from time to time as i haven't got everything from the latest stuff all at once but will probably wait for the upcoming prime releases, i'm not in a huryy.

Same here. Fighting enemies that have more chances to use their skills against you is more than welcome, plus the new Eximus units shine in SP, along with the Acolytes, which, in my personal experience and playstyle (no meta stuff and braindead gameplay fortunately), if you're not careful, can wreck you pretty badly.

Which i love and appreciate obvs.

On 2022-06-23 at 3:45 PM, gamingchair1121 said:

i have all of steel path finished except for two nodes

first is void armageddon. tower defense half is easy. then theres the void angel. my amp sucks so i dont get to do anything more than 2 damage. and of course theres a time limit.

also zealoid prelate is a boss

My Sirocco deals 2-4k per crit shot which is at least 50% of the time. Idk if that's due to focus leveling though. Just a go-to if you don't want to deal with leveling Quill.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)alztrek said:

My Sirocco deals 2-4k per crit shot which is at least 50% of the time. Idk if that's due to focus leveling though. Just a go-to if you don't want to deal with leveling Quill.

quills isn't the problem. vox solaris is. I'm not leveling two syndicates just to get an amp, which I would rarely use outside of last gasp reviving (and the only enemies that actually pose a threat just so happen to be the ones that I can kill with it (corpus and infested)

I mainly play for Riven mods because I like tinkering with old weapons and seeing them out-perform themselves. So I play a lot of Sorties and Requiem fissure missions for rivens, and Arbitrations for good weapon rolls. Zariman added some cool stuff to do, but once I was done with leveling up the syndicate, I lost interest and only play if my friends need help with missions and finding stuff (Golden Instinct is a huge blessing) or if I need some easy Kuva for my sortie rivens

Steel Path offers nothing special to me. The missions are the same bland star chart missions repeated across copies of the same planet (although that's really more of a problem with the star chart in general.) So that leaves the enemy difficulty as the only real difference, and tanky enemies are incredibly dull and bland to fight. Steel Path a shining example of some of the worse aspects of this game's balance (or lack of it.)

If the enemies were smarter and actually tried new techniques to wake me up, I might play it more. I like a lot of the new Eximus enemies, but they lack engaging counter-play most of the time. The Acolytes don't really add much and their AI plays as if they're outdated. I actually feel real pity for the melee Acolytes trying to play catch-up with me, which is a lot more emotion than I feel for most NPCs, now that I think about it...

As for SP rewards, I just don't really feel like I need Steel Path rewards when A.) I already have Galvanized mods, and B.) these SP-difficulty missions are too bland to interest me in playing in the first place

Archived