Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur in Death Battle! MGS Raiden vs Excalibur: Wiz and Boomstick give Warframe recognition! And hype Tennocon and Duviri. Edit: Countdown is now live!

4 minutes ago, TheSteelMushroom said:

I remember that and it was an amazing and bad ass animation that I loved. Though at the time I didn't realise that was meant to look like Excalibur. But yeah OMM went to another channel and got replaced by DBX.

It's now hosted on Hyun's Dojo as far as I'm aware.

34 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I guess, I think my biggest problem is it didn't feel like a very immersive portrayal of the characters. Alucard didn't have any prominent moments in it that made me think "OH that's cool!"

Compared to say, Thor vs Vegeta. Vegeta may have lost, but seeing Vegeta use Ego to tank Mjolnir, and hit Thor back with that same amount of power was a highlight. Little bits like that where it feels entirely in character and gives them their moment even if they don't win.

Yeah I agree to a certain extent even though some of his lines were unsettling with some cackling as well but nothing really spoke true to Alucard's character. They usually at least have the animation be dramatically even on par to each other just for awesomeness and to express both characters really well.

9 hours ago, TheSteelMushroom said:

You really never watch Death Battle have you? Because the premise of the series is that the winner is based on who would realstically win an actual fight and that depends on the research they do so they don't just pick a winner willy-nilly. Death Battle has made their mistakes before or their older videos lack the research/might be outdated but that not how they operate unless you're talking about DBX because that is seperate from the main series entirely.

All these shows are created by people with bias. I checked few of the older battles but all who would win concepts are "based on research" but all is what matters is the show and the fight. There is no real research or enough data to make it something legit which is created by people. If it is a simple computer simulation which uses only raw data and gives precentages still means nothing just make a calculation on what situation how affect a fight. 

This is just about the show realistically every fantasy and scifi character could be the best in their own universe, making mismatch fights only means they try to cater different audiences. I personally bet on Excallibur but if not he wins still not a problem, because it is just one's opinion on who is the better.

3 hours ago, Zahnny said:

Oh and Fun Fact: This isn't actually Excalibur's first apperance on the Death Battle channel. (this was back when the channel was named Screwattack and One Minute Melee was hosted on the channel)

sgA7gOI.png

Ah yes. I remember that one.

We sadly knew Master Hand would win that one, after, it was a hand punching a face.

In 99% of the "Face Vs Fist" battles, the Fist wins.

10 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

I had suspected given how close the release was to Tennocon, that DE given a sponsorship might sneak something to the Death Battle team to include.

Hd1gATR.png

And I think I was right.

I think it's just Atlas Prime.

u1p8p0q.png

Shoulders, N E C C, spiky forearms, the little spiky hip things, overall shape.

I think they got the right conclusion for the wrong reasons

Spoiler

Muramasa countered by the Glaxion? Kinda stupid. What they should have done was point out Warframes are made of Technocyte. As in zombie nanomachines. As in the same thing Armstrong used to block Muramasa

12 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I think it's just Atlas Prime.

u1p8p0q.png

Shoulders, N E C C, spiky forearms, the little spiky hip things, overall shape.

So can we expect Atlas Rework? Yes please.

On the main topic, they underscalled Excalibur a lot for this fight. We had not seen:

Spoiler

Operator shows up, making Excalibur literally invincible fighting alone while the operator sneaky aim an void beam right through Raiden's heart by behind while indetectable in void mode. Raiden didn't have a chance if it was actually excalibur in his top performance, it would be Excalibur Umbra with all the umbral enhancements.

3 hours ago, Sziklamester said:

All these shows are created by people with bias.

That's a straight up lie. There were plenty of times where Db showed favoritism towards a certain character, only for them to lose. They said they were biased towards archie sonic, and their research showed that he was still getting ousted by Wally West. Or the time their own character from Rwby fought someone else. She lost. The bias argument is as old as the channel itself, and it holds no real weight anymore.

Archived