Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pablo's monotonous gameplay issues

quxier

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Bullet jumping is a normal function of the game.....and peacemaker can be made easier to use by holster mods....just in case you didn't know.

And?

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

DE never stated a player is guaranteed to use 1 frame for every mission.

It's just kinda common sense you're gonna have to switch frames for some situations every now and then.

Yes, but that's my point! I want to use different frames/gear depending on situation.

21 minutes ago, quxier said:

What reason is not being able to switch gear in bounties (POE, Deimos and Fortuna)?

This has been explained multiple times. Try the search function for more information.

You can easily exit POE, Deimos, and Fortuna....change your gear by going to arsenal in your options menu, and change, then go back outside. 

45 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:
1 hour ago, quxier said:

What reason is not being able to switch gear in bounties (POE, Deimos and Fortuna)?

This has been explained multiple times. Try the search function for more information.

Is it because people can troll others? That's possible now.

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You can easily exit POE, Deimos, and Fortuna....change your gear by going to arsenal in your options menu, and change, then go back outside. 

Oh, so stages are saved (loot, exp etc) when I go to Relay from Open world? Good to knows.

2 hours ago, quxier said:

I'm confused. What I'm describing?

What the game is right now. Players, right now, may change styles to handle certain enemies with weapon switching. But they don't have to. And so, as you observe, they don't. That's why I asked what would make players change things up: the option to change is already here, yet doesn't do enough.

In contrast, something like:

2 hours ago, quxier said:

Make different enemies that are not just more powerful.

Could help make players change things up, depending on particulars. Whether it'd be well-accepted is another question altogether.

However, what you propose in the OP is enhancing options. That's not bad, but as we see with weapon switching, you need more than options to break up monotony. There need to be reasons to use those options.

On 2022-08-25 at 6:14 AM, Tyreaus said:

For Incaron weapons specifically, there's multiple variables for balance, from headshot requirements to Incarnon capacities to new stuff like cooldowns. It could be that the weapon performs no better than any other for 95% of a mission and has only small instances of getting a superpowered boost. You still have the balancing issues on paper, but because it gets the boost so rarely, you might get through one tough encounter with ease, but be on your own for the next five. Less of a "murderspree" and more of an "emergency exit", in that sense. See, also, Void Strike.

In the magical world where weapons in general have more of that ebb and flow, I think the idea of putting in a more dangerous - specifically, more durable - non-boss enemy is a mistake. For bosses, sure, you'll probably want to ensure the gameplay rhythm starts in a tough and peaks at some point during the fight. That allows a period of engagement that doesn't have to overstay its welcome. Luckily, cutscenes are a thing that can hide that reset. However, important to note is that bosses are fairly constant. They don't tend to sprout 99% damage reduction on a whim. Having some tough enemy or enemies in regular missions is equivalent to that 99% damage reduction. That creates balance complexities you mention, where you might have a clean oscillation between "weak" and "strong" against regular enemies, but now have to fit this randomly spawned outlier into an otherwise pleasant sine wave. Sure, we can try to adjust the wave in some way, push it upward or tweak the amplitude or whatnot else. Or, and call me crazy, we could just flatten the outlier so it fits within established schema. They can still be a dangerous priority target, but due to offensive capabilities rather than defensive ones.

(I also recognize this applies to factions between missions, not just things like eximus units in a given mission. I have no earthly idea how to phrase that in what I wrote. So have this virtual cookie.)

In short: enemy durability spikes and ebbs and flows in gameplay don't really mix. One or the other could go. Personally, given community responses to stereotypical bullet sponges like Wolf of Saturn Six, I tend to see the durability spikes as the better one to kick out.

The balancing issue will remain as long as immense boosts such as that is in the game is in the game. Void strike is also far too powerful, but it extends to other mechanics that lend x10 times boosts. As long as silly boosts like that exist, DE will have a neigh impossible task in balancing enemies.

More durable and less durable enemies, in a comparative sense,  are in the game to change up the pacing, as well as to allow the more durable enemies to actually last long enough to do something. Remember I was talking about a tougher enemy that a dev would like to last a minimum of 3 seconds. I'm not talking about some drawn out fight akin to at all.

There are currently too many imbalances regarding player durability for enemy offense to be balanced decently, as what barely phases a tank, overkills a squishy, unless immortality loops are used, in which case it doesn't matter how much damage the enemy does, unless shield-gating is the immortality loop of choice and enemies  do a toxin-based attacks, in which case we are back to tanks being able to laugh off the attacks the obliterate the non-tanks.

The problem with the Wolf extends beyond his durability: fighting him lacks feedback and is extremely monotone,  since he is immune to status effects, immune to Warframe abilities and I believe he is no longer even vulnerable to headshots and takes less damage from them. All these factors severely cuts down on depth of play.

Archived