The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth Subsume: Flower color change

SyraAniya

Something I've been thinking about lately is that we really need a way to change the colors of the flowers that appear in the Helminth room after subsuming a warframe. As for the cost of the change, I'm thinking it could either be no cost, have a cost in helminth resources, have a cost in plat, or (worst option) require re-subsuming the entire warframe again with the different colors.

I'm just bothered by the idea of being stuck with the same colors of flowers for all time, when the game (to me) has seemed to be all about customization and freedom of choice.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

shouldn't be too hard to implement considering liches already have warframe helmets on their shoulders....

Yeah, that's not a helmet, that's a literal head on their shoulders. Maybe a bit dark for the helminth chamber to have heads on the wall?

6 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

The flowers colors are of the frames you’re subsuming.

Yes, I know. But later on I may want to have the flower's color be something else. People change their minds all the time. The choice shouldn't be permanent; we should be able to change the flower colors when desired. We can change our tenno's gender whenever we want, so there's no sense for a flower to be locked out of customization.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I'd rather see the half-digested warframe helmets growing out of the wall like trophies....

flower memorial just seemed crass

show the helminth's dark reality

shouldn't be too hard to implement considering liches already have warframe helmets on their shoulders....

Haha I dig it. If this was a swap out option, like a helminth extra, I'd splurge for it. Unfortunately it would all be default helmets probably, but they should be able to retain the colors since that's in the memory somewhere for the flowers.

58 minutes ago, SyraAniya said:

Yes, I know. But later on I may want to have the flower's color be something else. People change their minds all the time. The choice shouldn't be permanent; we should be able to change the flower colors when desired. We can change our tenno's gender whenever we want, so there's no sense for a flower to be locked out of customization.

There’s honestly more important things they should be coding for RN than the colors of some flowers in a room most people rarely go into.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s honestly more important things they should be coding for RN than the colors of some flowers in a room most people rarely go into.

DE can speak for themselves where it comes to their priorities. Take your gatekeeping somewhere else.

• Like 2

Am 22.8.2022 um 02:12 schrieb SyraAniya:

Don't forget .... there are also just wrong colors.. despite subsuming the warframe with Standard colors, some are wrong and others are missing completely.. I agree with OPs idea and wish.20220822201833_1.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I was going to post about this, so instead, I just want to give a shoutout to the OP! We need this, DE!

On a related note, there isn't even a warning about the flower colors (just a confirmation prompt about subsuming the frame), and the support team isn't able to do anything to help if someone accidentally subsumes bad colors. We're literally stuck with what we've got. :(

Edited by MonokuroBara

I would like to change the colours of the flowers, as well. On my wall, all of them are the same colour (my standard Warframe colour scheme) but one which is white. It bothers me. I get the idea of the flower inheriting Warframe colours, but I don't see the downside to being able to recolour them.

• 9 months later...

I really wish we could move them around too. I had them all labeled and nice on my wall even though I didn't know about the color thing until afterwards... But I was missing some flowers ( they just didnt grow ) after DE told me they knew about the issue and would run a script at some point like the same day my wall EXPLODED and now there are flowers everywhere. I don't know who is what flower and I seem to be missing all my old flower colors. It's been driving me crazy since this was part of the game I didn't want to do ( I think the frames being eaten is a bit... well.. not for me.. ) so as the very least they could have a little flower to prove they were there and existed but now... well.. 

wall before hand:b46f970b589365afed57624f23ace86d.jpg

wall after...... they are literally around the corners etc =(

e3f8ff19686a4c1789515d4df2c720c7.gif

at my count we should have 53 flowers now ( waiting for my last one to get on the wall he got put in the digestion pose after this gif... ) but I still only have 51 so still missing 2 which was the original issue I brought up and then my wall got rearranged to be... this. :/ I get decoration is super low on the priorities but 1. feels unfair when we have no control over this situation. 2. we can't change or do anything about it and it feels like DE can't or won't either.... 3. these literally have no meaning to me now as they are like weeds i didn't plant.... i do wish we could remove them or hide them at this point if we had no other options like moving them around or recoloring them... 

what I really wish is that they would give us a decorative item just a flower for each frame we subsumed that way we could place it anywhere we wanted ( even drifter camp etc ) and maybe have the options to color them like our warframes... =( a sign of respect for frames that came before us and that have fallen just so we could have greater powers =( 

• Like 2

• 7 months later...