Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Ambulas boss fight ever be reworked?

krygo18

28 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I poked fun at the fact Hades on Pluto is basically a Mobile Defense, and that I've never seen someone describe how much they like that mission type.

MD is my favorite or second-favorite. (Yeah, I know, that's a rarity though.) 

I like it even better since AoZ, with the eximus rework.  Particularly the 2nd/3rd terminal defense, since those sometimes spawn tons of them.

I like the concept, but the execution is really lacking. Everything is too long and drawn out. Hek, even the run to the arena is needlessly long. And then there's just too much waiting around, which is aggravated by a rather low mob density that doesn't really make the mobdef part shine, despite the good idea of repair drones. I cleared it solo in SP not long ago to finish the star chart, and even then it was nowhere near as hectic as it should have been.

Cut down the delays to the absolute minimum, eventually shorten the mobdef part but make it more intense, make it a 1-2-3 pattern for a full squad so that three perfect rounds are sufficient, and it wouldn't be that bad imho.

22 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it already got reworked once, and that's still one more time than Sarge, Phorid or Lephantis have ever seen. 

Lephantis is one of the better boss fights in the game imo. One of the best even. At most it just needs some graphical improvements.
Sarg is at least funny to meme on
Phorid.... phorid is pretty sad ngl but I dont see it getting a rework any time soon because of it's position in the game.

But Ambulas is just pain. Even one cycle shorter would make it so much more pleasant. And I really dont understand why the animo beacons are still a thing. But I'm glad their requirement has been cut down so significantly.

I'm a bit split on it myself. It can feel boring and unnecessarily long. Its relatively unique and different though. I think one of the main issues is that... players are often "forced" into it, for stuff like Sorties or Daily Incursions or the like... where often, a players priority is speed and efficiency. Which is understandable. Creates conflict/issue though, because some might say, just skip it if you don't want to do it (and many do), but then some feel annoyed by that, and do it with resentment and or as in this thread, want it changed. Where as some (probably a minority, appreciate it for its differences). I use to dislike Lephantis when I was less experienced, but now have an optimised build... Ambulas boss fight can't really be optimised with builds though, because of the way timers work... so ehh... 

I'm also personally a fan of a lot of generally unpopular modes, like Disruption, Defection, Interception, RopolyaIforgetspellingthis, Lephantis etc (Mobile Defence?!?)

Not sure what the solution is. Maybe the pattern could be adjusted. Maybe killing Repair Drones faster, can decrease the time for the collection or something, to encourage the risk of seeking out Repair Drones, so there is a way for experienced/skilled players to engage/optimise the process. Don't know. 

vor 1 Stunde schrieb PollexMessier:

Lephantis is one of the better boss fights in the game imo. One of the best even. At most it just needs some graphical improvements.
Sarg is at least funny to meme on
Phorid.... phorid is pretty sad ngl but I dont see it getting a rework any time soon because of it's position in the game.

But Ambulas is just pain. Even one cycle shorter would make it so much more pleasant. And I really dont understand why the animo beacons are still a thing. But I'm glad their requirement has been cut down so significantly.

I also find Lephantis very interesting. I enjoyed playing every sp alert.

Ambulas is actually not difficult. only that is unnecessarily drawn out. I even memorized the mission because I really don't want to do any of that nonsense!

On 2022-09-02 at 4:17 AM, ThommiX said:

Yep, ambulas fight is actually good. Missions are not intended to be speedrun constantly. This is a boss mission and its good its not dead in a second like for example sergeant or phorid. They need to do this more,not less.

Yeah, in early versions of WF most bosses could be killed just by spamming them dead. Some people are asking for stuff like raids, but even some of the bosses are still not much better than they were.

Archived