Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Will Ambulas boss fight ever be reworked?

krygo18

I don't know about you guys but to me its one of the most boring fights. Rush to boss arena, kill, hack, defend for 2 mins, repeat 4 times. Why 4 times? Because the game spawns 1-1-1-2-2 and so number of ambulas(why not 1-1-2-2 😒). And each mission takes minimum of 13 mins to complete, easily hours of grind. Even void armageddon is more fun than this.

Been playing warframe for around 4 years now but still haven't farmed trinity. They seriously need to make some changes because Trinity is easily one of the best frame for new player or you just wanna chill and not care about healing 

Or am I just lazy 🤷‍♂️? What are your opinions

42 minutes ago, krygo18 said:

Even void armageddon is more fun than this.

Haha , don't quite agree with that.

But the rest of it strikes a chord. And lets not forget you need those ambulas ciphers or whatever they are called to actually enter the node (or did they change that ?) 

Definitely could use some toning down,

or better yet , make it like the index, where you could invest more ciphers and get tougher longer mission with more worthwhile rewards , intrinsic or other wise.

Like bronze mission for 1 ambulas spawn that you have to defend. Silver for 1 +2 spawns , and gold for 1+2+3 spawns to really take home the top prize.

Those that only want the frame could do the bronze one , those that want the challenge or something else could do the others.

53 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

And lets not forget you need those ambulas ciphers or whatever they are called to actually enter the node (or did they change that ?) 

You need 5 to enter the mission and get 3 refunded on successfully completing it.

2 hours ago, krygo18 said:

Will Ambulas boss fight ever be reworked?

Technically hes on his 4~5 version. Back when he was first introduced he was nothing more than a regular Moa with some more glowy bits.

Spoiler

HO45fpg.jpg

Later he got scaled up and lost the glowing parts(V2) then scaled up again and added back glowing its (V3), then turned into a Bursa (4) before we finally got what we have today.

Regarding his current fight, yeah its pretty boring most of the time, i dont mind doing it but as i said on another post regarding Ambulas recently, i wish there was more to do in between waves.

To be honest i wish Ambulas had a bit of a mix between Jackal and Exploiter Orb in its fight mechanic, make Ambulas far bigger, have players shoot weakspots on its legs to make it tip over, wile its down hack the console on its leg to open a panel on its corresponding side, shoot its legs again to tip it over again then on its vulnerable leg to press X to shoot through the opening to damage vital components, do it twice on each side then another panel opens on its back, shoot its leg weakspots again to make it fall flat then hack the console on its back which would temporarily deactivate it and turn it to our side so the dropship takes it away. Repeat with more 2 Ambulas to finish, no more enemies hacking it back to life.

what for? Ambulas is one of the better boss fights

I'd rather see other bosses reworked to be more on the same level

-yes, I can see that some players get annoyed with the time delays, but that's what makes the fight more interesting than just the usual bullet sponge with immunity phases

with Ambulas you have to target the weak spots to take it down, then hack while under fire, then do a mini-defense objective

way more interesting than most other fights

It’s a good fight, when it’s actually a fight. But it’s a bit inflated by the number issues you mentioned, and the fact that it’s just a lot of waiting. 

With enough enemy radar, you can usually spot a huge ball of red off to the side. The game wastes a lot of its spawns creating Corpus in an area with a sealed door (between the two main spawn areas, near where you enter the zone). The fight would probably be more interesting if these enemies could join the battle. 

Glitches aside, I would still like some consoles to hack so I could add more Ambulas at a time. Let people who know what they’re doing increase the challenge and the speed. If they can handle it. Like disruption, to an extent. 

This fight is a lot closer to greatness than the absolute mess that is Tyl Regor though. Woof. 

1 hour ago, ThommiX said:

Yep, ambulas fight is actually good. Missions are not intended to be speedrun constantly. This is a boss mission and its good its not dead in a second like for example sergeant or phorid. They need to do this more,not less.

I think you're the first person I've seen in my 7 years of playing to basically describe that Mobile Decense is a good mission.

Ambulas isn't a special mission. It's mobile defense with a boss health UI slapped on an arbitrary Moa.

5 hours ago, krygo18 said:

Been playing warframe for around 4 years now but still haven't farmed trinity. They seriously need to make some changes because Trinity is easily one of the best frame for new player or you just wanna chill and not care about healing 

100% agree.  This fight, along with The Ropalolyst, is one of the most godawful fights in the entire game.  Like you, I've been wanting to farm Trinity (though mostly for the MR and Helminth ability, as I picked up Trinity Prime during Resurgence last year), but after 25+ fights and over 6 hours of farming, I still don't have Trinity's Systems.

4 hours ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Definitely could use some toning down

The easiest, dead-simple way of doing that would be to only require 2 hacked Ambulas for solo, and +1 per teammate but also more Ambulas spawning with more teammates.  In other words:

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

It sucks in CO-OP with the increased spawns, so I do it solo, much better mission solo.

...should not be the case.  Why have a multiplayer boss fight that PUNISHES players for working together? 🙄

3 hours ago, ReddyDisco said:

I've consistently skipped sortie and sp dalies of that assassinate since the last year, it is god awful.

And the worst part is, the Sortie mission DOES NOT drop any items from the bosses drop table.  I learned this the hard way when I did a Sortie that ended with an Ambulas Assassination and all I got was 4000 Endo. 😒

48 minutes ago, ThommiX said:

This is a boss mission and its good its not dead in a second like for example sergeant or phorid.

Are we playing the same Ambulas fight?

I'm not a well-geared player who facerolls Steel Path, but even my basic intermediary builds take down Ambulas in about 3 seconds.

And, no, I am NOT exaggerating.

5 hours ago, krygo18 said:

I don't know about you guys but to me its one of the most boring fights. Rush to boss arena, kill, hack, defend for 2 mins, repeat 4 times. Why 4 times? Because the game spawns 1-1-1-2-2 and so number of ambulas(why not 1-1-2-2 😒). And each mission takes minimum of 13 mins to complete, easily hours of grind. Even void armageddon is more fun than this.

It's DE' goal to earn more time until you get Valkyr set no matter what you are annoyed. 

Recommends Wukong with Jarr and do many cycles of that node with solo play which asks the least Ambulas than multi.

2 hours ago, ThommiX said:

Yep, ambulas fight is actually good. Missions are not intended to be speedrun constantly. This is a boss mission and its good its not dead in a second like for example sergeant or phorid. They need to do this more,not less.

I'm all for a boss fight with actual mechanics, but when those mechanics translate out into minimum three rounds of a slightly non-standard mobile defense mission with an external entry cost then I would heartily disagree. Big fan of Kela's boss fight, big fan of the Ropalolyst, heck even a big fan of the Zealoid Prelate.

But Ambulas is unnecessarily and painfully dragged out without any real meaningful mechanics brought into play. If I wanted to defend something, I'd play a defense mission and not an assassination mission - it has little to nothing to do with the mission being able to be speedrun a couple times or constantly; it's a pointless overcomplication of an existing system where it has no right doing so.

14 hours ago, Voltage said:

I think you're the first person I've seen in my 7 years of playing to basically describe that Mobile Decense is a good mission.

Ambulas isn't a special mission. It's mobile defense with a boss health UI slapped on an arbitrary Moa.

That is a YOU problem, not game problem. Theres others on the thread saying same,maybe read a bit and expand that view.

Vocal minority may claim its hated by all, but that usually isnt even near the truth.

@iPathos

Its a boss mission. Rest is your opinion only,try seeing it different way and it makes sense. Sure all missions could be improved but simply complaining about them, helps nothing.

vor 19 Stunden schrieb krygo18:

Yes. it's boring and takes far too long. on sp it gets even more boring...
and here I see no challenge at all. so what's the nonsense?

7 hours ago, ThommiX said:

Its a boss mission. Rest is your opinion only,try seeing it different way and it makes sense. Sure all missions could be improved but simply complaining about them, helps nothing.

It is specifically an Assassination mission, whereas the objectives far more closely fit (as said before) Mobile Defense or Sabotage. I remember back when Ambulas was along the same lines as the Sergeant boss fight and can admit now is an improvement relatively, but again it's unnecessary tedium and overcomplication where it's not needed. I can understand DE wanting to retain elements of Ambulas Reborn in the current game cycle but I am still perfectly entitled to state my opinion and stance on how it feels. As things stand, I believe it's far better to consolidate ideas and perceptions outside of the feedback subforum then go in there and post supposed changes for DE to comb over. 

You might want to "try seeing it a different way" and understanding little to none of us are complaining about too much or too little difficulty, or just the time spent overall - it comes down to the mission being badly organized (mismatched waves), still requiring external credits to enter (regardless of any refunded - not comparable to Kela as you get extra rewards from the Kela fight in addition to Saryn parts), suiting a different buildup of sorts (this could be the "arena" leading up to an actual boss fight similar to the aforementioned Kela fight) and otherwise not giving even the slightest bit of satisfaction for the act of grinding the boss out. It suits a tactical alert or operation, it does not suit a standard starchart boss fight

8 hours ago, ThommiX said:

That is a YOU problem, not game problem. Theres others on the thread saying same,maybe read a bit and expand that view.

Vocal minority may claim its hated by all, but that usually isnt even near the truth.

@iPathos

The difference between Ambulas and The Sergeant is a Mobile Defense in between.

Don't make stuff up. I never claimed everyone hates Ambulas or that there is a universal truth that everyone dislikes it. I poked fun at the fact Hades on Pluto is basically a Mobile Defense, and that I've never seen someone describe how much they like that mission type.

I always try to see things outside of my personal playstyle because I know I'm not the target audience being a fraction of a percent of the playerbase in many ways. However, my opinion is that Ambulas is boring for players like me, and it has unnecessary tedium/time gates for new players farming it. DE has indirectly shown that this is an issue with boss design as since Ambulas Reborn in 2017, we've gotten more flavorful VIPs including Eidolons, Orb Mothers, Archons, Demolishers in Disruption, Void Angels, etc. A boss doesn't need to be overly complex to stand out a bit more and not feel tedious. Kela for example is fine outside of the Judgement Points system. The Jackal post-rework is a bit better. Ambulas didn't really get upgraded in my eyes, just the mission made longer without any style.

Archived