Jump to content
Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
  • 0

I can't use archgun in archwing on poe?


(PSN)Daikon177

Question

8 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

When the Archwing Deployer was originally added with Plains of Eidolon in 2017 (originally a consumable by the way that anyone could pick up), the Archgun Deployer was not yet added (that came later in 2018 with the Profit-Taker update to Fortuna). I'm guessing DE just never had the time or intention to go back and allow Archgun to carry over from ground to Archwing when using the Archwing Deployer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PSN)Daikon177 said:

I can use it on foot but I can't equip it while in archwing on the plains and I assume the other open world's.

Archwings in Open Area maps, like Plains of Eidolon, are aerial transportation vehicles... That's their purpose, to get you from "A" to "B" as fast as possible without the hassle of fighting your way through it.

 

The use of Archguns within atmospheric environments is, by default, impossible and requires that... module - forgot its name - to actually be used on the ground... However, the module's presence isn't even considered during flight, don't know why. I suspect "gameplay balance" is the reason or they simply overlooked it.

Spoiler

Just to make it clear, regarding the other one, the intention of K-Drives is that of ground transportation vehicle.

 

People are able to use secondary weapons while riding K-Drives because Yareli was in the works and DE had to justify a uniqueness level that couldn't be found with any of the other Warframes and not, unlike popular belief, because of the hundreds of threads from dozens of different users asking for it. Its one of those rare cases where the community interests actually matched DE's interests... or, at least, some of it...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Voltage said:

I'm guessing DE just never had the time or intention to go back and allow Archgun to carry over from ground to Archwing when using the Archwing Deployer.

that sounds like a mess if they did anyways. how would we handle switching between your normal Weapons an Archgun? i could handle using the Gear Hotkey since i actually have my Controls set unlike the other 99%, but the other 99% (or anyone on Controllers) would only have the option of digging through their Gear Wheel every time they entered their Archwing. far from seamless!

and i wouldn't want to lose my normal Weapons, that's pretty convenient....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, taiiat said:

that sounds like a mess if they did anyways. how would we handle switching between your normal Weapons an Archgun? i could handle using the Gear Hotkey since i actually have my Controls set unlike the other 99%, but the other 99% (or anyone on Controllers) would only have the option of digging through their Gear Wheel every time they entered their Archwing. far from seamless!

and i wouldn't want to lose my normal Weapons, that's pretty convenient....

All I've observed as a player is that many things are a mess. I agree.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, taiiat said:

how would we handle switching between your normal Weapons an Archgun?

I would figure it would just carry over from ground combat. So if you're using an Archgun, it keeps the Archgun. Using a rifle, it keeps the rifle out. Then you're able to switch weapons in the air, same as if you were on the ground. Minus melee of course. And maybe the Archgun call-down animation. That doesn't make as much sense when riding an Archwing.

Not that the gear wheel malarky isn't a mess of its own, but it doesn't feel like including Archwing makes it any worse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

I would figure it would just carry over from ground combat.

oh. i hadn't thought of that, that makes sense i guess.

26 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Minus melee of course. And maybe the Archgun call-down animation.

yeah, totally skipping the Animation, just the usual Digistruct it out of your pocket.

26 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Not that the gear wheel malarky isn't a mess of its own

it's actually "fine" if People use the Keybindings Menu, tbh
it's awful if they don't though, for sure. but you have 12 Hotkeys you can set, and well, guess what 4 of them should always be....
Archwing, Archgun, Hoverboard, Mech. (i use F1-F4, myself)

if those are on a Hotkey it's suddenly pretty great. rip in peperoni Controllers but that's true in all Video Games so it's not anything unusual there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...