Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have 3 arbitration missions be selectable at a time? Please.

BR31

26 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

I catch your drift, but it could lead to some matchmaking difficulties

Forced scheduling with rare chances at specific missions is more of a downside than spreading players a little thinner. 

The best of both worlds honestly is turning Arbitrations into a modifier toggle much like Steel Path exclusively for endless missions.

Restricting players on what they can play and when they can play is unenjoyable, especially for the large portion of people who don't have entire afternoons or weekends to burn checking a cycle.

39 минут назад, (PSN)c1234567890alvi сказал:

Yeah i thought about it. But we have crossplay on a horizon.

Implement, test it- if matchmaking seems bad, freeze until crossplay with 1 more fun thing to play later.

My bet is : people are looking at a mission and say - nah , thanks, they do it 3-5 times in a row-
and leave arbi mode in a whole.  That happens a lot atm for me and clanmates.

1 hour ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Maybe, maybe not. If people were selecting one of the three missions at random, that would be one thing. But I think people tend to gravitate toward certain mission types. Like, if one is Defection that can show in Arbitrations, right? , most won't go for it. It's a similar sort of thing with fissures: we have a lot running at the same time, but there's certain preferences based on what's available. Helps bridge matchmaking issues.

Me, personally, if I don't see an Arbitration I fancy, I just don't play it at all. So if we had more choices, there's a better chance I could at least be in the matchmaking pool at all. I can't imagine I'm alone on that.

1 hour ago, Tyreaus said:

Maybe, maybe not. If people were selecting one of the three missions at random, that would be one thing. But I think people tend to gravitate toward certain mission types. Like, if one is Defection that can show in Arbitrations, right? , most won't go for it. It's a similar sort of thing with fissures: we have a lot running at the same time, but there's certain preferences based on what's available. Helps bridge matchmaking issues.

Me, personally, if I don't see an Arbitration I fancy, I just don't play it at all. So if we had more choices, there's a better chance I could at least be in the matchmaking pool at all. I can't imagine I'm alone on that.

Any arbitration focusing on beating up bad guys seems most preferable to people, as they just want vitus essence. Other gamemodes be okay but i think none are more fun than endurance where you just have to slay everything. 

Things like defection and capture i feel would be better as side objectives during a killing endurance mission, that any of the 4 players in the team can decide to go do for a boost in rewards. I dont feel such gamemodes are actually fun on their own. Like capture seems played more for efficency than fun

5 часов назад, CrownOfShadows сказал:

idk the cycles seem fine

i feel like this is more of a "nothing to do problem" than an arbi cycle problem

Try asking in your clan/alliance, region chats, discord servers , etc-
Do they skip arbi because they don't want an arbi or because they don't like the mode?
I did it - and the general answer was -I'd do it , but i check it and don't like the mode/faction,
but call me if there's a good one, i'm down.

And you're the first from who i hear that it's fine. But people do have different opinions, i guess.

Well, to narrow it down a bit, I think it's probably a 'I want to farm Arbitrations and I can't right now' sort of problem

I mean, if i was all eager to farm up some arbi's for some specific reward (i.e. probably people who really want galvanized sets) then I'd be pretty frustrated with it too, but outside of that scenario, is it really the end of the world? This feels like the equivalent of complaining about invasions not respawning fast enough, or that NW doesn't immediately respawn on completion, or that [x] type of relic mission doesn't immediately respawn, or that RJ veil anamoly rotates, or that invigorations don't immediately refresh, or any number of DE's timed systems.

Like idk, has this been like a major concern ever since it was implemented? This is honestly the first complaint I've ever seen about it, and that's having farmed it for years. I see way more complaints about it's content/gameplay than it's timer.

i dont have much of an issue with the design currently. there arent that many people playing arbis already anyway.

personally, what i'd like to see being changed is 3 warframes for the empowerments, and like 5 primary, secondary and melees each, or something along those lines. we have a gigantic amount of frames and weapons. 2 picks in total just isnt gonna make me even consider playing whats listed because most of the time the weapon/frame is garbage (since weapon balance in this game is terrible), one quarter of the time i dont have the weapon, and if i have it, its not formad or even modded at all.

like, just give me more options for the boost, and i might actually play some of those frames/weapons now and then. in the dozens of arbitrations i've played, i havent been able to make use of that feature even once. so it might aswell not even exist.

Yeah but "there aren't many people playing it rn"- because they have no reason to do it or
current problems of the mode stopping them from doing it ?

The change doesn't require a lot of dev time, doesn't really dilute the existing pool too much with a potential of new influx of people,
and can be easily frozen or reversed.

There are some other problems, like a defense target doesn't scale with a mission like in other parts of the game ,
some people just don't like the drones in a whole, etc.

But  the mode has its own unique table of loot, then galv mods, grendel farm (which you need 2) + a kuva farm.
And it's pretty much a bridge between a normal startchart mode , leading to SP mode.

I think it's important to have it in a good state, not like now-
long time players skip the mode, if they don't like the current gamemodes.

And new players have to play bad tiles without much players in it , because they want galv mods or other mods.
That farm won't feel good for them. I constantly get this type of feedback from new clan members atm.

i agree it should be improved, but simply splitting it into 3 missions just isnt the solution. it would still be an undesirable mission for people to play.

i think, fundamentally, that arbitrations arent fun for the majority of the playerbase because of the drones. not that i agree, but that just seems to be how it is.

Maybe drones shouldnt give ability negation and damage immunity anymore, now that eximus' units have CC immunity, and instead just give a large amount of damage reduction+CC immunity and be immune to abilities themselves.

Your concerns definitely have some grounds .

But i do believe even a small change like mine should be enough to start a ball rolling ,
and then if needed there can be made more changes, when people start playing the mode.

We should try to suggest small impactful changes, which don't require much dev time.

Archived