Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx (and her many threads) ^_^

(XBOX)ONI LawIiet

*Not my main account, I don't even try to fix it anymore*

Nyx main here, over 20% of a considerable amount of playtime, over 180 forma (i can de and re polarize the same slot at no real loss so i just forma her for fun!) and something about her just clicks.

so, about all the BUFF / REWORK threads. . .DE if you do nothing, I'm fine with it, I would rather she stay put and people move onto other frames then risk you ruining a frame that I and others enjoy so much.

so there, your first acceptable option, do nothing, you know this and know the why I described already so let's move on.

option two? pure buffs, nothing but number go up / number go down but nothing changes.

-Chaos needs a much shorter cast time, cut it in half.

-Absorb rate of energy drain needs to be a flat amount or get a drain cap or something, it ceases to work in anything resembling difficult content because it just depletes your energy bar

option three? now we start tweaking.

-passive: is currently nonexistent, you as a player never have any idea if this does / did / didn't / do anything and literally anything would be better. something like a 20% chance to stagger a target for .5 / 1 sec when attacked (like the animation added to her psychic bolts to show their impact) something you can see and go "OH that's what that is!" that adds to her psychic flavor would ne neat.

-mind control target gets increased threat similar to roller or mallet to draw agro. it would wonderfully round out her kit.

-chaos, literally just speed it up, I like this skill it's just too slow to cast. however, the augment should instead increase the skills range (like mags) and instead of a lingering effect, apply a slight damage vulnerability, like %5-10% that scales on power strength. if nothing else, the augment is rather useless as is.

-I'm not mentioning bolts ever, their fine. leave them alone, same with the augment.

-Absorb:

swap the augment movement with the damage attack, have the augment apply a radial blast to the skills deactivation based on damage absorbed, and have the base skill be the invulnerable thug walk you can use your weapons from.

fix its energy economy (as stated above) literally just copy paste gloom energy mechanics, ill do it for you:

Absorb costs 50 energy to deploy, remaining active as a bubble until deactivated manually by pressing the ability key again (default 3 ) or automatically when Nyx runs out of energy. Once active, Nyx enters a meditative state, becoming invulnerable and immune to all status effects while creating a bubble that makes her immune incoming damage. Each enemy attacking Nyx drains a base amount of 0.75 energy per second, stacking up to a cap of 10 enemies for a maximum drain amount of 7.5 energy per second.

• Activation energy cost is affected by Ability Efficiency.
  • Base and maximum energy drain are affected by Ability Efficiency and Ability Duration.
  • Energy drain enemy cap is not affected by mods.

insert rest of skill here.

absorb augment: adds back in the radial blast mechanic, maybe make that part good again then?

EDIT: please do something like you do with ephemeras or mirages clones or something, but please allow the Nyx to not / minimally see the absorb bubble effects. 

seriously you have to use either black or exclusively dark colors on that channel or decide your just eh sun now and that's how it is. 

also, the fact that Excalibur the poster boy didn't get a voidshell till round 2 but Nyx his sister not getting one yet either? that better just be because it looks so amazing it needs that much work. . . 

I know it doesn't say it in the wiki, but does Mind Control not give the target more threat? 

Nyx's wiki page is terribly out of date (with a number of inaccuracies) so I'm not totally sold on whether or not Mind Controlled targets do/don't actually have higher threat. It seems like they do in my experience but *shrug*

2 hours ago, Leqesai said:

I know it doesn't say it in the wiki, but does Mind Control not give the target more threat? 

Nyx's wiki page is terribly out of date (with a number of inaccuracies) so I'm not totally sold on whether or not Mind Controlled targets do/don't actually have higher threat. It seems like they do in my experience but *shrug*

no more than any other unit sadly, yeah, I really felt that little bump is really all it needs. 

17 hours ago, Leqesai said:

No. You just have the same threat. It also depends on range. Well, the shield osprey has more threat than you by default, but still less than the defensive target.

On 2022-09-21 at 3:56 AM, (XBOX)ONI LawIiet said:

passive: is currently nonexistent, you as a player never have any idea if this does / did / didn't / do anything and literally anything would be better

20% less accuracy is pretty good already, giving you less shots to be concerned with while retreating compared to this

20% chance to stagger a target for .5 / 1 sec when attacked

Means you only have 1:5 chance to stagger one among a group shooting at you and you need to have the stars aligned to have them staggered at reliable frequency or you're dead because Nyx isn't a tanker and enemies can drain your shield and health before you realize you're dead

chaos, literally just speed it up, I like this skill it's just too slow to cast. however, the augment should instead increase the skills range (like mags) and instead of a lingering effect, apply a slight damage vulnerability, like %5-10% that scales on power strength. if nothing else, the augment is rather useless as is.

You have natural talent, speed drift, etc if you think it's too slow and you don't need damage vulnerability when you strip enemies defenses completely

I'm not mentioning bolts ever, their fine. leave them alone, same with the augment (although due to the static nature of the number of bolts it might be cool to have the augment *adds X number of bolts* kind of effect to it.

Already there

PacifyingBolts3.png

Absorb rate of energy drain needs to be a flat amount or get a drain cap or something, it ceases to work in anything resembling difficult content because it just depletes your energy bar

It's already at flat rate though, 4 energy/s with additional 8 energy every 1000 damage absorbed so you want efficiency build as any caster build

Maybe you want to change your mod config first

I too would rather them not touch, buff or modify anything in her ability set, lest they make it worse.

To be honest, I don't see how nobody is addressing the fact that Absorb has the worst casting animation lock upon releasing the ability that immediately defeats the purpose of a "defensive ability". As many people have referred to this ability, it is mostly a noob trap.

To further elaborate on this, How to Die as Nyx 101:

• Go to Mot and wait until there's Ancient Healers
  • Jump into a group of enemies with ancient healers and cast 4.
  • Release and die.

This occurs due the shock wave not dealing any knockdown or significant damage and still being locked in animation for 1 second or more. In reality, this way to achieve death as Nyx doesn't even require an ancient healer or a Nullifier to negate the effect, it is simply the release time that makes it extremely hazardous and overall a useless ability.

7 hours ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

20% less accuracy is pretty good already, giving you less shots to be concerned with while retreating compared to this

Means you only have 1:5 chance to stagger one among a group shooting at you and you need to have the stars aligned to have them staggered at reliable frequency or you're dead because Nyx isn't a tanker and enemies can drain your shield and health before you realize you're dead

You have natural talent, speed drift, etc if you think it's too slow and you don't need damage vulnerability when you strip enemies defenses completely

Already there

PacifyingBolts3.png

It's already at flat rate though, 4 energy/s with additional 8 energy every 1000 damage absorbed so you want efficiency build as any caster build

Maybe you want to change your mod config first

wow i totally forgot the augment already did that, thanks for the pic.

cheers

Archived