Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where am I going wrong with one shotting eidolon shields and limbs? For the life of me I can't get it to work despite following guides.

GovernmentSecrets.gov

Question

I've tried following guides, but my results are always different than what is shown. For whatever reason I'm dealing far less damage than what all of these guides show themselves doing despite copying every aspect and I don't know why. I can never get propa to actually deal damage to the eidolon despite having been able to kill multiple level 190 bombards with all buffs and volt shields applied in the simulacrum with it. I keep dumping time and resources following different tutorials just to get hit with the same wall again and again. The only time I've ever been able to one shot shields and limbs was when Madurai voidstrike would infinitely scale while sitting invisible, but I had to have an insanely high stack to do it.

My current setup is for shields: 

Madurai

Propa, Certus, Raplak amp

Operator arcanes: Magus Melt, Magus Repair

Amp arcanes: Eternal Onslaught, Eternal Eradicate

Volt Prime:

Dead Eye, Primed Surefooted, Vigorous Swap, Narrowminded, all 3 umbral mods, primed flow, blind rage, shock trooper

Arcane nullifier, and arcane momentum

Rubico Prime mod setup is:

Serration, Split chamber, vigilante armaments, point strike, vital sense, vile acceleration, hell fire, +91.3% CC  +47.9% MS  +65.3% CD  -51.4% Impact riven, Ambush Optics, Primary Merciless

Generic armor strip vastilok, and kitgun for tiny sentients 

Where am I going wrong here?

5 answers to this question

Propa need explode as close to Eidolon body as possible. If done correctly, 2 Propas takes any shield down with both Eradicate and Onslaught active through Volt's shield.
I find it too tricky for my taste, so I just shoot Raplak instead - Onslaught shifts it into orange crit territory, so just up to 4 shots (or 1-2 with maximum Magus Melt) to take the shield instead.

if you're looking at older Videos and such, they'll ofc be stacking Void Strike to do it.
thesedays, that isn't quite the norm anymore. you can get a large-ish Multiplier out of Eradicate and Unairu Wisp, if you're looking for something other than Void Strike.

remember that the Timebomb (Propa) has Falloff, so you want it to be very close to the Eidolon when it switches Phase.

Heavy Caliber is worth using, Damagewise, over Vigilante Armaments, and maybe over Vile Acceleration.
don't forget to keep your Hit Counter up decently, ofcourse. being at 3x by the time you get to the larger Eidolons isn't too much trouble.
you can also Subsume something that'll help your Damage.

5 hours ago, --Councilor_Vay_Hek-- said:

Where am I going wrong here?

For Starters... When Void Strike is on Cooldown... It Takes 3 Or More Contaminated Propa Shots to Remove The Hydrolysts Shields depending on Fall Off Damage and How Many parts of the Eidolon you hit with The Explosion.

As for the Limbs...  Having an Adarza Kavat with you couldn't hurt ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

I find it too tricky for my taste, so I just shoot Raplak instead - Onslaught shifts it into orange crit territory, so just up to 4 shots (or 1-2 with maximum Magus Melt) to take the shield instead.

This....

Infact... With Void Strike Active I just Take out both the Shields and the Limb with The Raplak Prism.... Especially since I don't have a Sniper Rifle on that Account....

Unfortunately This Combo can Cost anywhere between 1 or 2 Energy Pizzas everytime I use it 😬...

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Rez090 said:

Rubico needs to be radiation, not just heat.

Shock Trooper will turn it into Radiation Damage....

I get Over 400% Radiation Damage on my Build that leaves me with Enough Space to Add Vigilante Armaments....

Archived