The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Have you considered to hire AI as an artist? :)

Redwyrm

20 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

nice as that example is, AI art programs are still quite new and need to get smarter, there are still some things that only a talented human mind can envision, but I'm sure that one day both human and AI minds can be used together to create some stunning masterpieces.

Well, obviously. I started with prompts: "Warframe", "Warframe videogame" and "Digital Extreme studio" just to ensure where AI should draw "inspiration" from. AI can't really be creative as humans are, instead it masters at mimicking what human artists already done. Specifically, DE artists in this case.

If there is one thing DE has down like no other studio, it's the art style. I honestly don't want some AI to take those brilliant people's jobs away (especially because as a translator I know the struggle: "We have google translate, no need to hire you...").

They should consider getting some better AI as a helping system for code writing though, the amount of bugs and code issues in Warframe is...questionable to say the least.

The biggest hurdle is ownership. You didn't make that, you only told an AI to interpret a prompt you gave to it. Same thing in DE's case, they cannot claim art they didn't make, which means using an AI to produce stuff for their game is legally dubious, at best.

There's also the question of consistency, because AIs only seem to interpret prompts from scratch. You give it a prompt and the results are always hit-or-miss. AIs are getting better at not producing horrific results, but they're still guessing how to interpret your prompt. Meanwhile an artist can understand what you're asking for, the contexts, the different visual themes of the game if there are any (tell them to draw a Corpus gun and they'll probably make it look blocky and angular), and come up with dozens of concept art that are consistent with each other.

Archived