Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Prime Access Discussion and Feedback Megathread

GAstarblade

i want excalibur prime. oh wait, i cant get him any more. in fact, a lot of players, in cluding the new wave of layers of the PS4, cant get him. they too could say "hey, i would buy him, but i cant get him"

in fact, eben before im sure  a lot of people would have payed for him, or the skana and lato prime, but they wouldnt because they only wanted to pay for that, not all of that platinum.

as you can see, those people and the new people are in the same situation. i dont see how this situation is different from the founders program.

Well its like an event that happens in-game. Like the Dilemma between Alad V and Ruk.  The exclusive items were the Brakk, Machete Wraith and a badge. The problem is if you didn't participate, YOU missed out soo boo-hoo..... PS4 missed out on Founders because of the release and timing, so thats not DE's fauilt.Really its not so much of a big deal. See I missed out on the Strun Wraith and its the best shotgun in the game, but its totally fine,The problem is that the Misa Syandana is behind a $140 pay-wall with items that can be obtainable in-game which I rather get without spending money for. I rather spend money on just the cosmetics like how its supposed to be, 

Edited by Magnagar88

What else does the $140 package include aside from the resource collector, the scarf, and Ember Prime?

are you seriously asking?  

have you not even bothered to look?

well lets lay it out:

-Ember prime, Sicarus Prime and glaive prime - All available in the void albeit in a very grindy way atm.

-Titan Extractor Prime - An extractor that is "better " somehow than the regular extractor, exclusive and limited to the package.

-Ember Prime Forum avatars - Exclusive to the prime deal

-Both a 90 day Affinity and Credit booster - A 7 day of either booster is 80 plat so this equates to a combined 180 days or about 26, 7 day purchases,. which is 2080 plat of boosters which is the equivalent of roughly the $99 platinum deal minus the "bonus mods"

-Misa Prime - an exclusive blingy scarf.

-4300 Platinum - this is the $200 platinum deal minus the "bonus mods"

So all told you get $200 dollars worth of platinum, $100 dollars worth of plat in boosters, skipping the grind for the latest Prime weapons and frame, and as a gift for spending all this money you get Exclusive avatars, and exclusive extractor and an exclusive Decorative item.  

Now of the exclusive there what has a game play effect?  None of it, all of the actual stuff that matters is available through game play.

The Inferno deal now that I've broken it down is the flat out best buy I think I've seen DE offer so far if you have the money for it.  Incentives like exclusives are essential to the F2P model and no lines have been crossed so far.

Well its like an event that happens in-game. Like the Dilemma between Alad V and Ruk.  The exclusive items were the Brakk, Machete Wraith and a badge. The problem is if you didn't participate, YOU missed out soo boo-hoo. PS4 missed out on Founders because of the release and timing, so thats not DE's fauilt. Its not so much of a big deal because well... you could have just bought Founders and sent it over to PS4 but you didn't.. See I missed out on the Strun Wraith and its the best shotgun in the game, but its totally fine,The problem is that the Misa Syandana is behind a $140 pay-wall with items that can be obtainable in-game which I rather get without spending money for. I rather spend money on just the cosmetics like how its supposed to be, 

Personally I find making primes exclusive or a one time only chance stupid. DE has vandals and wraiths for such an occasion. And lets be honest nobody is special when they pay stupid amount of cash for a frame with gold trim, even I find my self like a stupid loser because I bought it because there was no other choice. I would have felt more achieved if i actually earned him and the items through the void, not having to test my bank account.

Edited by Blk_Mage

are you seriously asking?  

have you not even bothered to look?

well lets lay it out:

-Ember prime, Sicarus Prime and glaive prime - All available in the void albeit in a very grindy way atm.

-Titan Extractor Prime - An extractor that is "better " somehow than the regular extractor, exclusive and limited to the package.

-Ember Prime Forum avatars - Exclusive to the prime deal

-Both a 90 day Affinity and Credit booster - A 7 day of either booster is 80 plat so this equates to a combined 180 days or about 26, 7 day purchases,. which is 2080 plat of boosters which is the equivalent of roughly the $99 platinum deal minus the "bonus mods"

-Misa Prime - an exclusive blingy scarf.

-4300 Platinum - this is the $200 platinum deal minus the "bonus mods"

So all told you get $200 dollars worth of platinum, $100 dollars worth of plat in boosters, skipping the grind for the latest Prime weapons and frame, and as a gift for spending all this money you get Exclusive avatars, and exclusive extractor and an exclusive Decorative item.  

Now of the exclusive there what has a game play effect?  None of it, all of the actual stuff that matters is available through game play.

The Inferno deal now that I've broken it down is the flat out best buy I think I've seen DE offer so far if you have the money for it.  Incentives like exclusives are essential to the F2P model and no lines have been crossed so far.

Oh, so it'd be worthless to me then.

I only need just enough platinum for a couple extra warframe and weapon slots. Not to mention the whole trading mods for platinum thing now.

1. It's not a sentinel it's a resource collector and there is a non prime version of it in the market for credits. and the damn things aren't all that great anyway. If it was a sentinel it would be different but it's not, and if you haven't been paying attention long enough to actually think that there is a slippery slope argument to be made here I have some tinfoil hats for you as I understand they help prevent evil organizations from brainwashing you, they might help calm you down.

2. It's just a stupid scarf, a premium scarf, and a "bonus" at that for people who invest in the discount plat void grind skipping package deal for a lot of monies. 

At the end of the day nothing that affects gameplay is locked behind a "pay wall" and if the extraneous cosmetics mean that much to you then buy the package or don't.  Those are really your only options at this juncture.

1. He's replying to my post. We are not arguing about the Titan Prime, they can keep it locked at Tier 3 if they wanted. The Titan Prime doesn't appear in game to others and the functions are helpful mostly to newer players. What we are saying, is that if nobody voice out, what if something like this escalate and they choose to release a Prime Sentinel behind a $140 wall in the next pack?

And who said that there are brainwashing involved...?

2. I like the way you used stupid and premium to describe the same item.

And I like the way you think that platinum is worth that much and have that much purchase power when this pack showed us that there are things platinum can't buy. You previously bought a $50+ pack with loads of platinum? You want the scarf... Oh why not buy this $140 pack as well with even more platinum along with it.

Make no mistake, I think this is an awesome pack for new players or anyone whom have yet to contribute. But what if you already have contributed? Is another option/alternative which doesn't cost $140 too much to ask for? Take a deep breath, sit back, and ask yourself that four times because that's approximately how often this is going to happen in a year.

1. He's replying to my post. We are not arguing about the Titan Prime, they can keep it locked at Tier 3 if they wanted. The Titan Prime doesn't appear in game to others and the functions are helpful mostly to newer players. What we are saying, is that if nobody voice out, what if something like this escalate and they choose to release a Prime Sentinel behind a $140 wall in the next pack?

And who said that there are brainwashing involved...?

2. I like the way you used stupid and premium to describe the same item.

And I like the way you think that platinum is worth that much and have that much purchase power when this pack showed us that there are things platinum can't buy. You previously bought a $50+ pack with loads of platinum? You want the scarf... Oh why not buy this $140 pack as well with even more platinum along with it.

Make no mistake, I think this is an awesome pack for new players or anyone whom have yet to contribute. But what if you already have contributed? Is another option/alternative which doesn't cost $140 too much to ask for? Take a deep breath, sit back, and ask yourself that four times because that's approximately how often this is going to happen in a year.

I did I decided that if I wanted it enough I would pay for the package.  There really isn't any really room to complain in my book. If IF it was a weapon or frame or something that had gameplay implications I might feel differently.  But a cosmetic item is really just a bt petty in my book to be raising this stink.  

The scarf is an add-on an incentive, make it independent it might as well not be part of the package.  I don't know how else to say it.

Oh, so it'd be worthless to me then.

I only need just enough platinum for a couple extra warframe and weapon slots. Not to mention the whole trading mods for platinum thing now.

So clearly you don't want the scarf that badly, so don't buy it. there problem solved.

Edited by Agent_of_Change

Same here, the link is broken for me.

Edit: Found it, 140 USD for all the prime gear plus a prime Sayadan... seriously?

Seeing as the 140$ has a 380$ value, that's an amazing deal.

You also seem to be missing the point of what the Founder's program and what this Prime Access was/is about. Money doesn't grow on trees, and updates take both time, and a lot of money to create and release.

Edited by Tymerc

No, that was the point of the Founder's program. The point of the Prime Access pack is to get instant access to the latest Prime gear.

You're not very bright, are you friend? You're still giving them cash. 

Both the Founders Program, and this Prime Access gave/give you primed items. Prime Access just has more for a far cheaper price, which means they'll make even more cash. But please, keep debating with me about how "we're not donating" when we actually are.

From a business perspective I can see why they dis this. Even though I'm as disapointed as you are. The only thing I care about is the misa syandana. The regular titan extractor is fine to me. I love pimping up my warframes with cosmetics and play around with colors. Hugely disapointed it wasn't seperately available to begin with. There is no way I can spend that kind if money on a game. Not even on several games. I was barely able to afford some platinum with the help of a 50% coupon. If I could afford it I would've gone for it right away. If its seperate now people that already spend money on the inferno pack will baww.

All I can say is. If they did release it in the market it would be extremely nice of them and I'd be in the clouds. That is all.

Edited by kubbi

Lol, if they put them in to the marketplace, they'd probably be a couple thousand plat. People would then be complaining about how high the price is, and that they need to lower them or else people will start going off on 'bad game, no more money from me, gg DE' stuff like this. The titan extractor has minimal impact, and I don't think this could even be argued, and the misa syndana is just a way to show off that you spent however many dollars to get it. It's all about exclusivity with this pack, and I think it should be kept that way. 

I think a much better idea would be just to release more scarfs of a similar visual uhm... 'appeal' if you will? The Misa does look aesthetically pleasing and in comparison to the previously released scarfs it makes them look like poop.

At this point it's far too late to be implementing an initially advertised "exclusive" item into the game for the public. People that have already purchased the Primed packages will feel cheated.

I think that DE might be in the process of making new scarfs since the new one is "Primed" maybe they will release Primed versions of the other scarfs? Who knows maybe they will be implemented into the void.

Lol, if they put them in to the marketplace, they'd probably be a couple thousand plat. People would then be complaining about how high the price is, and that they need to lower them or else people will start going off on 'bad game, no more money from me, gg DE' stuff like this. The titan extractor has minimal impact, and I don't think this could even be argued, and the misa syndana is just a way to show off that you spent however many dollars to get it. It's all about exclusivity with this pack, and I think it should be kept that way. 

You do realize 2k plat is already $100? And you're suggesting more than that. Just for a scarf and extractor. And yet, in the pack, which is only $40 more, you also get Ember Prime, Glaive Prime, Sicarus Prime, 90 day Credit/Affinity boosters, the avatars, and 4.3k platinum. If all that is only $140, just the scarf and extractor would be much, much cheaper.

Let me phrase it another way: We are expected to pay approx $600 each year to cover all contents within the game, true or false?

I'm not exact about the figure, but if you want to cover all the exclusive items that will be made available as part of those packs, then yes.

You do realize 2k plat is already $100? And you're suggesting more than that. Just for a scarf and extractor. And yet, in the pack, which is only $40 more, you also get Ember Prime, Glaive Prime, Sicarus Prime, 90 day Credit/Affinity boosters, the avatars, and 4.3k platinum. If all that is only $140, just the scarf and extractor would be much, much cheaper.

Yeah, I do realize that. I'd expect it to be much more then that even. I'd think that it'd be better off to just buy the pack itself. Of course, this probably will never happen, so no need to worry about it. A lot of games have some ridiculously expensive cosmetics just for the sake of a price exclusive item. Also, I don't think they'd ever put them in the marketplace just because of trading. People wouldn't necessarily have to pay a dime to get them, they'd just have to farm a LOT. 

I'm not exact about the figure, but if you want to cover all the exclusive items that will be made available as part of those packs, then yes.

That is beyond @(*()$ stupid. That is ten brand new games a year, or for those who use Steam sales and such, a whole hell of a lot more games.

That is beyond @(*()$ stupid. That is ten brand new games a year, or for those who use Steam sales and such, a whole hell of a lot more games.

Then don't buy it. As i said, "if you want to cover all the exclusive items that will be made available as part of those packs". You do not need to buy the packs to enjoy the game. And if you need those small exclusive items to enjoy the game, then there's not much that can be done about it. This is not unlike any other place in the world where you get something cool as an extra if you buy something else of high value.

I did I decided that if I wanted it enough I would pay for the package.  There really isn't any really room to complain in my book. If IF it was a weapon or frame or something that had gameplay implications I might feel differently.  But a cosmetic item is really just a bt petty in my book to be raising this stink.  

The scarf is an add-on an incentive, make it independent it might as well not be part of the package.  I don't know how else to say it.

Let's simplify the equation. DE wants to earn money right? Say if they have a 4th option which is only for people whom have contributed $50 or above and it offers the exclusive item with a small amount of plats at a much lower price like $50, that's still a fair bit for a DLC but I'm sure people whom have contributed would find that more palatable, I know I would. If such an option exist, DE will get money from the loyal players whom have once invested in the game such as you yourself while still have the highest $140 option for the new players or anyone whom have yet to contribute.

Seeing as the 140$ has a 380$ value, that's an amazing deal.

You also seem to be missing the point of what the Founder's program and what this Prime Access was/is about. Money doesn't grow on trees, and updates take both time, and a lot of money to create and release.

I have replied to you before the thread got merged. I did mentioned above, that the $380 value is quoted only. You get 4.3k plats but that's not even going to allow you to buy everything in the game. Money is money. So why should I drool over plats?

Money doesn't grow on tree, sure. Updates takes time and effort, sure. But $140 for a complete package of what seem like a DLC? Games like GW2 cost $50 and they have yet to have a single DLC to make people pay for more. Yet through all these time, they too have events, bug fixes, updates, etc. The list can go on, so as long as its an online game, manpower and servers are required. What makes this so different to warrant $140 each two months?

Read the above reply for a suggested solution. It's tiring to releaborate. In fact, read the whole thread if you could, a few suggestions have been given in this 41 page long thread.

Then don't buy it. As i said, "if you want to cover all the exclusive items that will be made available as part of those packs". You do not need to buy the packs to enjoy the game. And if you need those small exclusive items to enjoy the game, then there's not much that can be done about it. This is not unlike any other place in the world where you get something cool as an extra if you buy something else of high value.

Yeah, and tying that something extra exclusively to that something you buy is called Tying, it's also illegal to various degrees in various parts of the world (pretty sure this particular form gets a pass in most places, but it's morally questionable at best)