The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon keys change suggestion

Cerikus

14 hours ago, (NSW)warfare3376 said:

Its not unintended though. Decaying key reduces your max shields which is the intended effect, and shield gating gives you 1.3 seconds of invulnerability when your shields fully replenish there is no required amount of shield that needs to be replenished just that it fills back to the max.

I know well the Shield Reduction is intended, its use with Shield Gating is which isnt. When DE added Dragon Keys into the game, Shield Gating wasnt even dreamed of. After it was introduced that players had the idea of using the Dragon Keys to reduce the Shield cap and abuse of Shield Gating mechanic, This Was Not Intended.

14 hours ago, (NSW)warfare3376 said:

Also, as a side note if you think the decaying key stat makes the game so easy then try it out yourself and you will see it really isnt, it doesnt make you invincible and it requires very active play to maintain it and its only useful in extremely high level content.

Never said it made the game Easy tho if it did i would have even more reasons to protest its use and im sure DE Would have already took actions against the combo.

2 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:
17 hours ago, (NSW)warfare3376 said:

Its not unintended though. Decaying key reduces your max shields which is the intended effect, and shield gating gives you 1.3 seconds of invulnerability when your shields fully replenish there is no required amount of shield that needs to be replenished just that it fills back to the max.

I know well the Shield Reduction is intended, its use with Shield Gating is which isnt. When DE added Dragon Keys into the game, Shield Gating wasnt even dreamed of. After it was introduced that players had the idea of using the Dragon Keys to reduce the Shield cap and abuse of Shield Gating mechanic, This Was Not Intended.

So if it were not intended why it's still there? When they have introduced shield gate mechanic they new about those stuffs, at least about -75% shield Dragon key. So reducing shields were intended.

However abusing (near or complete immortality) probably weren't. But then we have recently changed Revenant's ability into near immortality (probably few special abilities and toxin proc).

So "just because it wasn't there" doesn't mean it wasn't intended. Even You Write It Like This.

On 2022-11-18 at 12:29 PM, Birdframe_Prime said:

How about, instead of removing the down-side from them, we equip them on mission start and it automatically removes them after mission end?

What if I want to run few runs?

5 minutes ago, quxier said:

So if it were not intended why it's still there?

Because despite players being able to exploit it, there are downsides, not everyone uses it and not every playstyle requires it, thus why the Devs shrugged it off.

6 minutes ago, quxier said:

When they have introduced shield gate mechanic they new about those stuffs, at least about -75% shield Dragon key.

When they introduced Shield gating they knew Dragon keys reduced shields but they didnt expect players to use it as they did which is what amused them.

7 minutes ago, quxier said:

So reducing shields were intended.

As i said on my previous posts, Yes the damn shield reduction was intended because it WAS a challenge back at the time when Dragon Keys were made but the exploiting of reduced shields to abuse shield gating was not intended because its not what the shield reduction of the key was made for in the first place. Its really not that hard to understand that is it?

9 minutes ago, quxier said:

However abusing (near or complete immortality) probably weren't. But then we have recently changed Revenant's ability into near immortality (probably few special abilities and toxin proc).

I know about the Revenant`s near immortality, im sure it will be looked at in the near future especially if players start shifting into playing with him too much.

On 2022-11-20 at 7:08 PM, Cerikus said:

Do you think making UI better for a seasoned warframe player would be detrimental for new players?

Nope, that's why I said to fix the UI, instead of making a change to the dragon keys.

Last note:

On 2022-11-20 at 7:08 PM, Cerikus said:

Fun fact. Do you know that there is a mechanic already in the game, that's currently completely irrelevant, because we run the vaults solo? When you pick up the "artifact" you get a random Dragon key debuff.

That would be a fun fact, if it was actually the whole fact. Since DE allowed the carrying of four keys, the debuff is no longer random. You can test yourself, before and after opening the vault with, say, a Hobbled key, you still move slowly. This is because you already have the other three de-buffs still active, so it can only assign you the debuff of the key you used.

The 'random' part of the debuff only functions when you have less keys on you (such as only carrying three or less to begin with, because it will randomly choose one of the ones you don't currently have).

As this function still acts exactly as it's supposed to while you're running in a co-op squad, and despite the flexibility DE have allowed towards letting people attempt the Vaults grind solo, co-op is still the most encouraged way to play the game by the Devs.

Especially, and this may surprise you, for new players that are not familiar with the grind.

::Edit:: 

42 minutes ago, quxier said:

What if I want to run few runs?

What happens when you want a few runs of a Relic farm?

It would be exactly the same thing, but with only four options to pick from. Players don't seem to have any problem with that.

9 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Yea just like with khora  being able to heal oplinks right? So tell me what counts as intended and was counts as unintended? 

I also feel that the decaying plus shield tech is actually a good thing though I dont personally like using it myself. It gives a lot more diversity for high level content, if it wasnt a thing a lot of frames would have way less survivability and helminth subsume options would be a lot more narrow to condemn or pillage. Cant think of a single negative it brought to the game as it still takes a lot of skill and the right build to properly use but if you got one Id love to hear it. Though again I would say reworking shield gating a bit would be a much better approach is to have it give a longer invulnerability with higher shields and vice versa with less if anything, while theyre at it they can rework health and armor too as thats the reason why the shield gate "abuse" is the go to strat for high level content.

Archived