Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

please bring back old corpus ships

GourangaPL

i watched some old videos and they reminded me how good old corpus ship tileset was and how bad the new one is compared to it so please DE, at least on one planet, e.g. phobos, bring us back the old ship tileset, like really, at least one planet, we need like a survi, defense/interception on the old map and the crossfire sabotage where you used to start on grineer ship and extract on corpus, that thing was awesome

• Like 6

The problem with the old tileset is that it was designed with old mechanics in mind which no longer exist. Parkour comes to mind. Now that players can speed through missions like coked-up maniacs and nuke rooms by mashing 4 until everything stops moving, DE's had to rework the tileset, making larger rooms where you have to get through using some grasp of parkour knowledge as well as large enough so minmax ability range can't hit the entire room.

I like how the new tilesets look, honestly. I hope the day DE reworks the void, they'll keep that sleek and high-tech Orokin theme.

• Like 2

The only way to effectively reuse an old asset like that is to give Ergo Glast his own vessel, like a pre-Deadlock Protocol Obelisk, Pillar, or Stanchion. It'd make sense, lorewise, for Glast to get his hands on at least one of those ships before leaving the Corpus.

Edited by (PSN)IndianChiefJeff
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, Pizzarugi said:

The problem with the old tileset is that it was designed with old mechanics in mind which no longer exist. Parkour comes to mind. Now that players can speed through missions like coked-up maniacs and nuke rooms by mashing 4 until everything stops moving, DE's had to rework the tileset, making larger rooms where you have to get through using some grasp of parkour knowledge as well as large enough so minmax ability range can't hit the entire room.

I like how the new tilesets look, honestly. I hope the day DE reworks the void, they'll keep that sleek and high-tech Orokin theme.

Honestly, having experienced both, I don't agree.

The new tilesets are considerably worse for parkour than the new ones were. Main logic being the old ones had catwalks, and suspended crates and entrances and exits on different levels, and this was good because it gave you something to parkour on or to. The enemies clearly weren't designed with it in mind, and that was certainly a problem, but parkour allowed you to take shortcuts. The current tileset does not let you take shortcuts except in a handful of rooms (the big orbital cannon room and the hanger are the only ones that spring to mind), and so what's the point in having parkour in the first place?

• Like 1

The only problem with the new ship is how oversized the defense/interception map is. Otherwise I'd never go back

Infested ships are still based on the old Corpus tileset look... You can even find the old version of storage lockers stuck in some of the infestation wall gunk. I'd actually go as far as to say if they ever revamp that tileset, they should preserve the classic look, as a kind of meta "abandoned" look

On 2022-11-26 at 3:52 PM, Pizzarugi said:

i hope they'll never ever touch the void tileset, it's the best tileset in the game right now, easy to navigate, no pointless lighting effects like in new corpus ships, no screwed up entrances like on eris/deimos, everything is clear and easy to use in void

On 2022-11-28 at 11:45 PM, Pakaku said:

The only problem with the new ship is how oversized the defense/interception map is. Otherwise I'd never go back

not only it's oversized, but also really convoluted with all the stairs, side rooms etc. making cc frames like vauban completely unusable, same with new io map

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

Late to this party, but I 100% agree that Phobos should be using the old corpus ship tileset. It would both help to make Phobos stand out more as a location (which is sorely needed), as well as fit better with the general thematic look of both Deimos and Mars.

Just about the only location on Phobos that should be using the new tileset is Iliad, but thats just because The Jackal and The Sergeant need to be swapped out with eachother.

On 2022-11-26 at 8:13 AM, BatVenomPL said:

Pretty sure that's still a thing. Just do Invasions

Nope, that got reworked too.  I FINALLY got that tile set to show up, the really cool one where you bust out of the Corpus ship and fight along the hull to reach the Grineer Galleon.  That got redone as well.

• Like 1

On 2022-11-26 at 8:52 AM, Pizzarugi said:

I think the issue a lot of people have with it are the vibes.  It feels too much like a new tileset that replaced the old Corpus ship.  There are only a couple of places that you remember being old tiles, but they're few and far between.  I hope for future reworks, like the Grineer Sealab, we get them embiggened but not changed up too much elswhere like with the color pallets and lighting styles.  Sealab is my favorite tileset in the game, and it definitely feels old, but I'm afraid that it will go the same way the Corpus Ship did and get redesigned too much.

• Like 1

On 2023-11-12 at 12:57 PM, (XBOX)Bloxanity2816 said:

aint no way you're suggesting putting the new Jackal on his old arena

Oh definitely not, the bosses are the one thing that should never be using the old tileset period. All I meant was that since the Sergeant formerly known as Nef Anyo should probably be on Venus, the Jackal would need to be on Phobos, and that would require keeping his arena unique from the rest of phobos (sort of like how earth uses both a forest and a sea-lab adjacent tileset).

However, something I wanted to also add that I had completely forgotten to consider; the old corpus ship tileset could also just be used for Railjack missions instead (ones like the spy mission from call of the tempestarii for instance). In that case, it would even make some of the more annoying features like the breakable glass more useful, as it could possibly be used as a way to get off the ship and back to your own faster.

• Like 1