Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kahl Murex "Kahl Go Fast" Too Difficult

Fyrscha

The problem is all the ground you have to cover. Ignoring everything except primary mission objectives and smoking the boss in 30 seconds or so, I STILL can't make the 15 min mark.

I have done it 5 times back to back, and the best time I can get is about 15 and a half minutes. 

Two major issues:

1- Charge Planting: They are stupid and get lost, stuck on terrain, keep fighting enemies instead of planting a charge, etc. and cost many precious seconds. If I could place the charges directly with Kahl I could likely make it under 15 minutes even if nothing else changed.

2- Distance/Speed: Kahl is slow as Christmas. Even with moving as fast as possible in as direct of a line as possible (and yes I maximize speed/time with jet pack pulses) I just can't get all the main objectives done and get to the boss with more than a few seconds to spare.

This needs to be tweaked to make it feasibly doable, or simply drop the "Kahl Go Fast" bonus from the Murex mission. 

Beat the timer focusing on just speedrunning that crap mission. Don't walk, keep jetpacking in corridors, spamming space to make tiny acceleration to conserve the fuel longer.

And of course avoid all other objectives, the rescue of the 5 dumbtroopers take horrendous time, the rail-shooter sequence eats up 2 minutes. Sluggish kahl taking his sweet a$$ time to get up when knocked down, 5 seconds each time. I hate this content island every week more and more. The stock reward is too low to buy the shop stuff. I just want to be done with this.

And beating the boss on Earth stops the timer, allowing you to go back to get the collectibles. Not here. Beating the damn wolf don't stop the timer so you are forced to get out. Anyway would be pointless since venkra and some genestamps are locked away before the ship section. So it's basically FORCED to complete this chore at least twice for a mere 15 spare stocks.

I know people that can do the murex in 15 mins. Personally I skipped the challenge because I'm just not fast enough. I think the issue for me was that there is abit of time gating with freeing the brothers. Those timers, even if I do it as fast as possible for me, just slow me down too much. And the timer keeps going while you are in the ship shooting at things. It's a rough challenge to manage. Maybe 20 mins would be good. But it *is* possible, so I'm ambivalent to any changes.

This is a bad challenge. A speedrun where you have so much ground to cover, lots of unskippable 'sit around and wait' sections, in addition to the giant unskippable flying section that eats up a huge amount of your time. 

Bad. Bad. Bad. 

I'm done with Kahl missions. I've bought everything I want and I frankly despise them to the point where I'd rather just not even do them. 

I did it in 12 minutes but ignored everything but the main objective (and abused jetpack), killing enemies is mostly a waste of time anyways since they respawn almost immediately so I just focused on getting all the necessary timers going as soon as possible. The way I ignored everything not strictly necessary to progress made it feel like an actual speedrun though.

Archived