Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Voruna & Grendel and Yareli Reworks

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

Why people want him to eat dozens of enemies because that would slow down the game because you need to kill enemies constantly and as fast as possible in survival mission so if you let them just stay in your belly your life support would drain. Also in defense you need to kill them anyway to move on to the next wave. You eating dozens of enemies barely provide anything different compare to just eating a few enemies as you only eating them to use Nourish. 

Eating them removed them from the spawn cap, allowing more things to spawn/the next wave to start. When they died in your gut, they dropped loot. When you vomited them out and they died, they dropped loot. When the things you vomited on died, those things dropped loot. Everything dropped loot faster and had the added convenience of being in a consolidated area. And this notion that Feast was useless in co-op only serves to show who lacks imagination.

Playing with a Khora? Suck up a room and spit them into a Strangledome.

Limbo? Spit them into a stasis Cataclysm.

Xaku? Spit them into Gaze.

Zephyr? Spit them into the tornadoes.

Ember? Eat Inferno'd enemies and spread it around while you melee.

Buffing his passive at the expense of his gut capacity was unnecessary and took a lot of the fun and uniqueness about Grendel away from him. His 3 having zero buffer room makes spamming his 1 to keep the maximum scaling a monotonous chore. Ember's mechanic is similar in that her DR ability's effectiveness is affected by the rest, but hers feels way more functional thanks to there being a few moments between reaching the 90% mark and having to lose it. Pulverize is almost always at the lowest scaling thanks to everything in the gut dying nearly instantly, even the "high threat" enemies.

Il y a 8 heures, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 a dit :

How Inaros not a bad frame. He literally have no abilities.

I use all four abilities... even the sand storm 👀 👀 👀 They deserve to get a little visit from Pablo, but they exist and are useful on some builds.

Hydroid 4th make it hard to hit the enemies and with the ammo nerf, it is hard to spam AoE guns on the enemies affected by his 4th which limit you to only glaive heavy and maybe melee in general(don't remember how high up enemies are dangle).

I totally agree with you, but this is a consequence of the horrible ammo nerf. I used to have my Kuva Zarr while playing Hydroid, but now I have to rely on my Wolf Sledge or on a Zaw with Exodia Contagion. Hydroid's 4th is nice in synergy with 3rd and 2nd, to pack and CC enemies; letting you kill them easily with some weapons.

His 3rd literally does nothing. If you say it is great for hiding from enemy sight, just shut up because you are superhuman in this game why do you need to hide.

Better tell this to Loki or Ivara... and perhaps Voruna too 😁

Hydroid's abilities are not meant to be used separetely, but in synergy : third + second to group , then cast fourth to CC and attack with AoE. The first ability is useful to CC nearby enemies while attacking the enemies (also to destroy Nullifier bubble).

The best way to fix hydroid is get rid of the charge mechanic of his 1st and 4th or make it a lot faster.

I totally agree with this and I hope this will happen.

Also his 4th should just wrap around enemies and hold them still on the ground instead of dangling in the air

Yes, this would be nice. Headshots, melee and any weapon would be useful to deal with trapped mobs.

Also, the True Damage per second should scale better with other abilities.

Also you might be very new or a very casual player to say Voruna 4th is not outright horrible. 

Nope. Thousand of hours in game, LR 2 and a Youtube channel.

Anyway, this kind of comment is useless and off topic. We are talking about ideas, opinions, not about our personal lives. Even a beginner could have a better opinion than a veteran. Time spent in game means nothing.

It was bad (after the buff it got yesterday I think it will be much better, but haven't tested it yet), but not horrible : it had limited conditions to be useful and was scaling bad.

I have to be honest Pablo augment reworks almost always a disappointment.

I liked most of them. Some additions to the already existent mods were nice to improve their efficiency.

Also no one was aware of the ground finisher synergy because no one use finishers in general.

This kind of finisher, everybody uses (but not everybody knows that they use it) : they are integrated on combo moves. Ground finishers are fluid and very useful.

Using prolonged paralysis does not forced you to kill enemies one by one that was your doing/choice.

Nope, that's not what I've said. I've said that standing finishers are one target and an ability that groups enemies and opens them to stand finishers is a contradiction : group to use stand finishers that can only deal with enemies one by one is a lack of consistency. Then I said that normal melee moves are better : and that's what I do (and that's also what you do with slide attacks). This only shows how it's not synergistic neither consistent : the stand finishers are useless as normal melee combos are much better to deal with a group of enemies.

You are right pull is better for grouping but I just like using it because I can go for a different helminth on my Valkyr like nourish.

Yes, this is true and I perfectly agree.

12 hours ago, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 said:

The best way to fix hydroid is get rid of the charge mechanic of his 1st and 4th or make it a lot faster. 

The charge is a bonus, I don't understand why people want to get rid of it. 

I like the idea of having the option to get more from an ability at the cost of power and time. 

If you hate the charge- just don't charge it.

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

The charge is a bonus, I don't understand why people want to get rid of it. 

I like the idea of having the option to get more from an ability at the cost of power and time. 

If you hate the charge- just don't charge it.

The implication is that the charge version would become the base version, but without the increased energy cost.

13 hours ago, Alpheus said:

Buffing his passive at the expense of his gut capacity was unnecessary and took a lot of the fun and uniqueness about Grendel away from him. His 3 having zero buffer room makes spamming his 1 to keep the maximum scaling a monotonous chore. Ember's mechanic is similar in that her DR ability's effectiveness is affected by the rest, but hers feels way more functional thanks to there being a few moments between reaching the 90% mark and having to lose it. Pulverize is almost always at the lowest scaling thanks to everything in the gut dying nearly instantly, even the "high threat" enemies.

I rather spam the one than have a massive energy drain, also it is way more interactive and fun in my opinion to cast abilities. I do not like an ability in which you just cast and never use again until another 50 seconds but I do not like an ability in which you have to constantly cast and imo it is somewhere in the middle. I wish the casting time for his one to be shorter or you can cancel it to make up having to spam it more often. Also how getting rid of him eating dozens of enemies take his uniqueness away, he still the only way frame that can take enemies off the field no matter how much enemies it is.  Lastly, they have to lower his guts capacity because it will be hard to balance him to eat as much enemies with little to no energy drain. Pablo say he lower his guts capacity because otherwise he will be to overpowered.

Also ember's mechanic sucks, you spamming her fire blast and inferno one after the other and barely get any reward from it. Her inferno do crappy damage (against steelpath; I really do no other content) and there is better armor stripping abilities in the game, also with fire blast armor strip of 50% there is no point of building up the meter as casting it twice will just armor strip anyways with the new armor strip changes. . 

il y a 20 minutes, (XBOX)UltraMagnus5000 a dit :

I can't tell if you being sarcastic but Loki I agree with but Ivara get's headshot multiplier and Voruna get melee crit damage along with their invisibility. 

And Hydroid gets invulnerability and that tentacle grab thing with the possibility to cast helminth abilities while on Undertow.

You see, even if we are "supermen", hiding is still somehow useful.

So i made yarely parts only to realize you can not refarm yarely blueprint outside of getting one from that orange AI thing siphilis cimarus or something like that.
Big uff, i wish we had better ways to regain this kind of stuff, i think grendel has same problem+hard to farm parts.

When we get reworks  players that already owned and deleted these frames should get the blueprint from message box tbh, it is not player's fault that it takes 5 years to buff or rework some frames and no one can guess how it will end up. But that is just my opinion maybe other people like to grind ciprus siphilis faction reputation by taking photographs of enemies. I mean it has some charm to it, just not as fun to me when doing it a lot to remake 2 frames that were long considered worst ingame.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

The implication is that the charge version would become the base version, but without the increased energy cost.

Then why not just ask for a buff to the base ability? No matter what the strength of the base ability is, the charge should be seen as an optional bonus. 

Archived