Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lex (Prime) needs a perfomance BUFF

Dr.Membrane

On the occasion of the new pistol skins from Nora I felt the need to Forma and Re-roll my beloved handgun LEX (PRIME) again, but in the process i must determine again how crazy over-punished the LEX still is. I understand that LEX was mend to be this slow and hard hitting headshot "desert eagle" kind of gun, but today it's sadly outdated and can't compete with the fast pace gameplay any more. The LEX has overall an ok´ish amount of Status, Crit Chance and base damage, but this small advantages come unjustifiably with overwhelmingly high Reload time, a low Magazinsize, very high Recoil and a very slow Firerate. Its extremely hard to mod this gun accordingly to counter all this hard flaws equally, which comes with the cost of DPS. But if you don't counter or only partly counter this flaws and only Mod for damage, the DPS still remains mediocre. No matter how you turn it... this gun never feels satisfying to use without Warframe buffs like from Harrow.

PS: The new Nora Skin from rank 15 is a real nice Colt, its absolute eye candy <3. I mean you could argue that i now can shape any better performing Pistol into a LEX now... but that feels like a poor excuse. The Lex deserves to be a terrifying choice again. So pls DE give the LEX some love, it has such an amazing Design and brutal sound, it would be a shame to be just a guilt pleasure sidearm.

Edited by Dr.Membrane
Typo and Stil
  • Like 3

It's kind of alright now that you can fit Steady Hands in the exilus slot, and reduce the reload time with a maxed Merciless. Takes care of the two biggest issues of the very slow reload and high recoil without eating into your damage at all.

Buuut, that aside, it really wouldn't hurt to give it like 1-1.5m innate punch through.

Honestly, a lot of slower firing guns should get some punch through built in. Being able to hit two enemies in one bullet, or shooting through a corpse helps a LOT. I wish pistols had a good punch through mod in general for this reason, because using the pure punch through mod sacrifices a bit too much damage. Just no mod space for it, unless you have it rolled on a riven, since crit pistols just don't have any flex slots open, unlike rifles.

• Like 2

vor 14 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Rez090:

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live already Happy Undercover Brother GIF

Good that you back up your claims with any kind of examples or arguments that would elaborate your standpoint. You can use memes as much as you want, that doesn't change the fact that the Lex has to many performance penalities that hamper its DPS. 

• Like 2

while i do agree that it feels waaaay too slow to reload, recoil is just a non issue, but my solution to, my problem with the gun, is arcane pistoleer, and deadhead, no real worry about the reload when your mag becomes so much bigger due to pistoleer, also the synth set helps, switching on and off, even meleeing will reload some shots

• Like 1

vor 19 Stunden schrieb RLanzinger:

[Mode Troll ON]

There is already a buf, it's called :

Aklex Prime

Twice more power, twice more magazine, twice more inaccuracy by having one Lex in each hands (which make 2 Lex Prime)

[Mode Troll OFF]

[Cpt. Obvious Mode ON]
Wrong topic, i wrote about the Lex(Prime) for a reason ....as i clearly and multiple times stated. I took the opportunity to Forma this gun because of the new Nora skins, because they work exclusively for single Pistols... not for Akimbo versions.
[Cpt. Obvious Mode OFF]

Furthermore, i prefer single-Pistols over dual wielding, principally for its style factor. In an extent its an supplement of Fashionframe, but it would be practical if this gun not only looks nice but would also efficiently work as well.

• Like 1

vor 20 Minuten schrieb RecordTheFox:

while i do agree that it feels waaaay too slow to reload, recoil is just a non issue, but my solution to, my problem with the gun, is arcane pistoleer, and deadhead, no real worry about the reload when your mag becomes so much bigger due to pistoleer, also the synth set helps, switching on and off, even meleeing will reload some shots

I mean sure you basically can tackle all flaws and i have already done that but. its never really sufficient that this gun feels smoothly or rely on external help. I mean there are other one-hand-Pistols that are way faster and stronger (Kuva Brakk, Kuva Seer, Tombfinger, Tenet Plinx just to name a few). Even in their basic modded form they overtake the Lex/Prime by a mile, even without the need of an Riven, Arcane or Warframe-Buff Workarounds. Imo the things that need to change is just a 1s Reload like the Brakk and a 3.33 Firerate like a Plinx (or your idea with the 1,5m Punchthrough also made sense) and that's all, the other flaws can stay for my sake. I mean, the LEX don't have to a room clearer like the Kuva-Nukor, but a little more quality of life wouldn't hurt. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dr.Membrane said:

I mean there are other one-hand-Pistols that are way faster and stronger (Kuva Brakk, Kuva Seer, Tombfinger, Tenet Plinx just to name a few).

These are all closer to endgame weapons though, requiring unusual and not circumventable grind.  Whereas Lex Prime is a "starter" prime.  For better comparisons I'd look for something around its MR and definitely without Tenet, Kuva, or kitgun in the name.

(Just noticed DE screwed up on the Tenet Plinx MR, not that it matters.)

There is already a buf, it's called :

Aklex Prime

As a sidenote, I always considered Aklex Prime more like a sidegrade. Partly due to accuracy, primarily because of its recoil.  Even with Deadhead and Steady Hands, it was hefty, and I was pretty sure it was bugged.  Looks like that was fixed at some point in the last year or so.   Which is cool.  I always wanted to love that weapon, but the handling drove me crazy.

33 minutes ago, Dr.Membrane said:

I mean sure you basically can tackle all flaws and i have already done that but. its never really sufficient that this gun feels smoothly or rely on external help. I mean there are other one-hand-Pistols that are way faster and stronger (Kuva Brakk, Kuva Seer, Tombfinger, Tenet Plinx just to name a few). Even in their basic modded form they overtake the Lex/Prime by a mile, even without the need of an Riven, Arcane or Warframe-Buff Workarounds. Imo the things that need to change is just a 1s Reload like the Brakk and a 3.33 Firerate like a Plinx (or your idea with the 1,5m Punchthrough also made sense) and that's all, the other flaws can stay for my sake. I mean, the LEX don't have to a room clearer like the Kuva-Nukor, but a little more quality of life wouldn't hurt. 

i don't remember suggesting a 1.5m punch through but thank you! and i never said my solution is a good solution, just that it's how i tried to make it a little less unpleasant, i do really wish it had a faster reload, to make it a little more enjoyable, or like you suggested, a good chunk of punch through.

• 4 months later...