Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I really want to enjoy the game...

tehweems

Question

Why do I feel like I'm constantly missing vital instructions for missions/quests/resources or just accomplishing much of anything in this game?! I have to look up EVERYTHING even just how to complete some of the basic mission types. It is driving me insane; I really don't want to stop and ask/look it up at every &*@$#!% step. Every time a quest fails because I have ZERO clue what the game wants me to do I become so frustrated I have to quit the game. JUST PROVIDE SOME FREAKING INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE (and I don't mean cephalon cy telling me ever 5 seconds that someone is in the perimeter or I need to get back in the perimeter omgIhatehimsomuch).
Obviously there's a lot of bugs and other things that make for frustrating experiences as well, buuuut I feel like this is an issue that is very very fixable.

14 answers to this question

Yeah good luck with that, DE tried remaking the start of the game, but then they stopped after the first quest and just went "lets just add a quest marker lol". You really shouldn't have to look up everything, but until the devs actually redo the beginning of the game, you're gonna have to.

4 hours ago, nerfinator6 said:

Yeah good luck with that, DE tried remaking the start of the game, but then they stopped after the first quest and just went "lets just add a quest marker lol". You really shouldn't have to look up everything, but until the devs actually redo the beginning of the game, you're gonna have to.

Its kind of ironic too since they care more about new players than vet's so its funny that even new players struggle still in 2023

6 hours ago, tehweems said:

Why do I feel like I'm constantly missing vital instructions for missions/quests/resources or just accomplishing much of anything in this game?! I have to look up EVERYTHING

Warframe in a nutshell.

This has been issue for a long time and I think players have just accepted it. Sure it can be annoying but it is what it is and there's wikia page and YouTube guides for a lot of stuff. 

Yeah, Warframe is very much a "wiki game". Need a resource? Go to the Wiki to find out where it drops. Want to know how an ability works? Go to the Wiki for a write-up. Need to know how to beat a boss? Go to the Wiki. Need to know... Just go to the sodding Wiki already! I'm half-surprised they don't have a Wiki console in the Orbiter by this point.

On 2022-12-28 at 12:24 AM, tehweems said:

Every time a quest fails because I have ZERO clue what the game wants me to do

I chalked this up to kinda how it would go in real life. If you were a spy, you would need to figure stuff out on the fly bc your Intel would never be perfect or complete.

Actually this would be cool if each mission changed a bit and the info given was incomplete and sometimes inaccurate. Lotus would say "sorry Tenno, it appears Clem's (or whoever the informant might be) information is corrupted (or incomplete). You will need to make do and figure out the rest. Be careful."

Yeah I suppose thats how confusing things would be in real life. But just tried my first defection mission and of course failed that without a clue how to do it right. Also just encountered my first kuva siphon. failed that encounter cuz I had no idea what to do about it. So again I spend half my time "playing the game" in the wiki, reddit, and forums. Can't say I enjoy that part much. 

On 2022-12-28 at 4:35 AM, Steel_Rook said:

Yeah, Warframe is very much a "wiki game". Need a resource? Go to the Wiki to find out where it drops. Want to know how an ability works? Go to the Wiki for a write-up. Need to know how to beat a boss? Go to the Wiki. Need to know... Just go to the sodding Wiki already! I'm half-surprised they don't have a Wiki console in the Orbiter by this point.

This right here.

Just keep the wiki up on another tab while you play WF because DE is never going to tell you the information you want to know. 

I'm like 5k+ hours into this game and guess what? I got the wiki up on my other monitor right now. I also have the forums and warframe.market up as well. It's sort of a package deal. 

funny really, as even in the  beginning i could play this very quick, but maybe playing for years other games i knew? but a lot i think just boiled down to look, listen and common sense, not being funny here :). there's usually a few clues to help you like markers and the lotus

On 2022-12-28 at 7:24 AM, tehweems said:

Every time a quest fails because I have ZERO clue what the game wants me to do I become so frustrated I have to quit the game. JUST PROVIDE SOME FREAKING INSTRUCTIONS PLEASE

They do. Lotus tells you details about the mission at the very begining of it. If you have trouble unterstanding it while doing the gameplay, just stay a while and listen.

4 hours ago, Zakkhar said:

They do. Lotus tells you details about the mission at the very begining of it. If you have trouble unterstanding it while doing the gameplay, just stay a while and listen.

No, it does not give the information necessary to correctly carry out the mission. The lotus provides very vague instruction. At least add some text boxes if you don't wanna pay for voice acting or w/e. I mean characters are talking ALL THE TIME in the game but never saying much of value.

7 hours ago, Crestofawave said:

funny really, as even in the  beginning i could play this very quick, but maybe playing for years other games i knew? but a lot i think just boiled down to look, listen and common sense, not being funny here :). there's usually a few clues to help you like markers and the lotus

Fair enough. I mean I don't think a lot of these solutions are common sense, and I certainly wouldn't have posted on the forum if the hints were enough for me to be successful, so maybe we just have different perspective on game operations. I've spent a lot of time on games where not all of the info was readily available, like no man's sky for instance, and didn't have nearly this much issue. I like games that are challenging solo with some optional multiplayer like Monster Hunter, PoE, Souls games, w/e. I was told this might be a good free fit, but maybe it's just not. 

Archived