The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Faces for the Operator (Duviri's Paradox)

-Tentarion-

The faces for the wanderer are completely different from the ones we have now for the operator. And if you still can try to make the faces of the wanderer look like the operator faces for females, for the male it is simply impossible. Starting from the shape of the nose and ending with the shape of the eyes.

I'm telling as a practicing artist, there are tons of technologies out there to help you "age" young faces so they look natural. There are many examples: Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (release date 2010), where the main character goes through the stages of growing up from a youngster to an adult; The Sims 3 (release date 2009) where you can follow the path of growing up from baby to old.

And now the question is, how can people like me, who carefully and scrupulously created the appearance of the operator, play Duviri's Paradox, if what you play there IS NOT YOUR CHARACTER? More precisely, you play a character which nave none resemblance of the one you are used to for all the years of playing the Warframe. I spent 13,000 hours in the warframe, it seems be a decent number, and I think players like me doesn't deserve to see such mutilated character that you only want to trash it.

1) Age the old operator faces so that the wanderer's face number matches that of the same operator face.
2) Leave the current faces for additional customization for those who wish.
3) Make a "clean" skin. Without the present dirt and age spots.

I don’t see the point of returning to the game, if, in fact, the character I've played for so many years is taken away.

8 часов назад, -Tentarion- сказал:

there IS NOT YOUR CHARACTER

I have same feelings. Started the topic about let us choose to play as Operator or Drifter in Duviri Paradox. Sadly, people barely bother.

Talking about lore, time perspective etc. in expansion called "Duviri PARADOX"

13 hours ago, equidingo said:

I have same feelings. Started the topic about let us choose to play as Operator or Drifter in Duviri Paradox. Sadly, people barely bother.

Talking about lore, time perspective etc. in expansion called "Duviri PARADOX"

That wouldnt make sense since this is the prequel or intermesso of The New War considering the timeline. So whatever operator stuff we do run into will be where the two realities mix, which seems to be the undercroft part of Duviri. It will practically explain everything that leads up to the "dinner" in TNW.

On 3/5/2023 at 8:24 AM, SneakyErvin said:

That wouldnt make sense since this is the prequel or intermesso of The New War considering the timeline.

It's a prequel of the of the game perse. After all the same Drifter said that he was trapped there for a long time... basically since right after the accident of the zariman if I remember correctly.

Spoiler

Mi4W5n2.png

PK6It8r.pngqLTV9t5.pngswboPim.pngKTYP99j.png

Drifter:--future? Naw... but that'd be a lot easier to get, now wouldn't it?
Drifter: As far as I can make out: You're the me that got rescued from this sh*t (the zariman accident).
Drifter: And I'm the you that did not. Not sure which of us got it worse.
Tenno: So you've been stuck here this whole time?
Drifter: No here exactly... but yeah, stuck.

18 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

It's a prequel of the of the game perse. After all the same Drifter said that he was trapped there for a long time... basically since right after the accident of the zariman if I remember correctly.

Reveal hidden contents

Mi4W5n2.png

PK6It8r.pngqLTV9t5.pngswboPim.pngKTYP99j.png

Drifter:--future? Naw... but that'd be a lot easier to get, now wouldn't it?
Drifter: As far as I can make out: You're the me that got rescued from this sh*t (the zariman accident).
Drifter: And I'm the you that did not. Not sure which of us got it worse.
Tenno: So you've been stuck here this whole time?
Drifter: No here exactly... but yeah, stuck.

Yeah, sadly we wont experience the parts of his life that far back. I think we'll at most experience his life as far back as to the point where you start the normal game then up to where he runs into our operator and Ordis where the realities meet.

One thing I wonder though. Is time passing much much more slowly on Duviri? Since the Drifter looks quite fresh for a thousand year old geezer without voidpowers or access to the Lua reservoirs etc.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

One thing I wonder though. Is time passing much much more slowly on Duviri? Since the Drifter looks quite fresh for a thousand year old geezer without voidpowers or access to the Lua reservoirs etc.

Maybe thousands of years... you know every time the drifter dies he goes back to the same moment before he died we saw that in the first gameplay and we also saw how dominus thrax enjoys playing with the life and resurrection of the drifter. Possibly he has been tortured for an eternity in this way.

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Yeah, sadly we wont experience the parts of his life that far back

Maybe we see flashbacks in Duviri Paradox quest, that would be great.

The female Drifter faces look okay, but the male faces... Dear god.

On top of just looking hella weird, they don't really match any of the male Operator faces, so it's hard to make a character that looks like the one I've been playing with for so long. I could do with a slider for wrinkles / age lines, because they're just so overtuned and I'd really like to cut back on them.

• 1 month later...

Archived