The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can anyone help me find cetus wisps?

JamesWhisky

Question

Im lookin for somebody that can help me get one, repeat at least one cetus wisps so I can build my warframe I wanted from the start three years ago. I cant find it anywhere where should supposedly be spawnin at day/night cycle, cant get one from over 300 bounties overall at plain of eidolon, and cant buy one cos Im walled by reputation grind. If anyone willing to take me to plains and show me where can I get single one I ll be really really really in ur debt.

11 answers to this question

Was it necessary to make two topics about it?

Cetus Wisps appear in fixed places along bodies of water in the Plains of Eidolon, none near the Oceans tho. A quick Google Search would have led you to this image:

Spoiler

SqlKmAw.jpg

Yellow Dots are where Wisps Spawn. They are small and easier to see during the night due to their blue glowing parts and as stated by Wrath above, Loot Radars make them appear on the mini-map.

43 minutes ago, Wrath_Of_Chrysalis said:

The best way to get Wisps is to equip a loot radar mod (Loot Detector, Thief's Wit, Animal Instinct) and check the shores of the ponds and lake. It's faster with an archwing. 
And there's nothing else to it. If you see a loot marker on your map on the edge of a pond/the lake, it's almost always a wisp.

And also what I'd call streams. I find most of mine along a stream that flows from the north. They are easiest to see at night, and yes, an archwing is the way to go to find these, as it is just a matter of checking all spots. You don't even need to see them, just fly as low as possible along the edge of any body of water and you will run over one eventually and get it.

I can if you really really would prefer help from a person. Though, I genuinely believe doing this solo will likely be easier and faster. Wait until you get a Resource Booster or buy one. Grab as many loot radar mods to your build as possible, as mentioned by Wrath_Of_Chrysalis, jump in your Archwing, and skim all the side areas of water sources, especially the large lake area/areas. 

Personally, I find Cetus wisps a bit hard to actually see, so I prefer looking at the radar. If I spot something, near the waters edge, its likely going to be a Cetus Wisp. There are however a few spots around water where some loot or resources will be, so, I'd also grab them, to make it easier when I am travelling around, better visual clarity. 

At first it may seem impossible or hard, but ehh... after you start to see a few results and learn the rough layout of the terrain and water, you start to see odd dots on the radar that usually aren't there, and you can detect and grab Cetus Wisps faster. Even years later after farming a bunch, I still occasionally get a weird intuition for certain dots on the radar and grab some Cetus Wisps even though I have more than I'll ever need. 

When with multiple people, it can potentially be.a detriment, as they will fly away after a bit after you get close. Whenever I was with friends, Cetus Wisps would fly away before they arrived, even when I tagged them. That being said, if you'd still prefer that, we can try to arrange a time to hunt some, now crossplay is a thing? So just let me know! 

12 hours ago, BiancaRoughfin said:

Was it necessary to make two topics about it?

Cetus Wisps appear in fixed places along bodies of water in the Plains of Eidolon, none near the Oceans tho. A quick Google Search would have led you to this image:

Reveal hidden contents

SqlKmAw.jpg

Yellow Dots are where Wisps Spawn. They are small and easier to see during the night due to their blue glowing parts and as stated by Wrath above, Loot Radars make them appear on the mini-map.

Yeah if I woulndt spent week lookin for them I wouldnt make the post. The problem is that over 90 hours spent on lookin fro single one and found none on each map I saw of fixed locations of spawn day/night cycle didnt help at all. But yeah. I was kinda pissed off tbh. Like if I needed like 10 I didnt even need too much fuss. But like I needed single one and the game make sure I found none in over the week. Did over 300 bounties and got none.

12 hours ago, WILDBILL212 said:

And also what I'd call streams. I find most of mine along a stream that flows from the north. They are easiest to see at night, and yes, an archwing is the way to go to find these, as it is just a matter of checking all spots. You don't even need to see them, just fly as low as possible along the edge of any body of water and you will run over one eventually and get it.

Yeah I was lucky and got two this way. Didnt even saw them they just appeared in my inventory.

They absolutely spawn more frequently at night time. I've seen some people say there's no difference and others say there is. But in my personal experience, I can go out and check every single spot during the day multiple times and not find one, then go out at night and find 5+ per attempt.

The things are absolutely tiny and hard to spot. So if you see a mark on your map that says there's loot on the edge of a body of water and you can't see an obvious grineer crate, bush, or iridite deposit there from a distance, it's almost definitely a wisp. Some loot pulling abilities use to work on them like itzal's cosmic crush and mag's pull augment. I vaguely recall hearing they patched that so I'm not sure if any work anymore. The things will start to fly straight up when you get near them so if you don't grab them quick they'll get away.

I like to bring a sniper riffle and scout ponds from my arcwing with the aim zoom to check them out from a distance, to see if I should even bother approaching a pond, and know exactly where the wisp is, if there is one, before I get in range for it to start flying away.

5 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

The other thing is that you need to look quickly once you see a loot marker on the map. When you get close, they'll float up and away after maybe 5-10 seconds.

Yes, this is the part about flying quickly. It does say this in the wiki:
"When approached by a player Wisps will spend a few more moments hovering in the same location (for approximately 5 seconds), before floating up towards the sky and disappearing in a small burst of light."

I actually find Zephyr better for farming wisps than using an archwing. Mod Zephyr for Energy and use Preparation, so you start with full Energy. And for Duration/Efficiency so you get full use of Tail Wind (Zephyr's [1]).

Then you enter PoE at night and "swoosh" along your pre-planned route, checking loot markers close to waterbodies. You can alternate between aim gliding (easier to spot stuff) and using Tail Wind (and if you want to you can mod for increased aim gliding as well).

It takes a little training to get the hang of the Zephyr's movement scheme, but once you it only takes a few minutes to "swoosh" through your preferred route, easily getting from a few to up to seven wisps per run. Then extract and go in again. If you farm all the wisps you will ever need you'll become so good at using Zephyr it will start feeling like aerial ballet, and gliding over the Plains at night checking for wisps becomes quite "zen". I prefer landing smoothly a few meters away from the wisp and tiptoeing up to it (just to avoid touching the water at night), but I have a friend that prefers "divebombing" them.

Max. loot radar modding makes everything easier (you'll learn the wisp positions, so you can actually see from the radar if there is a wisp or not). You can get to 100+ meter loot detection range using just Loot Detector, Thief's Wit and Animal Instinct, and even more if you use Primed Animal Instinct and mod your pet for loot range too. Just remember that the loot detection "disc" is quite flat (approx. 10 meters up & down from your position) and not affected by mods, so don't go/fly too high up. 

Archived