Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Civilians?

Comic_Club

18 hours ago, Raarsi said:

so I don't see any reason why we couldn't see a story where we briefly play as a civilian.

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

people already complain about kahl, an engineered super soldier, being slower

now imagine playing as a regular human civilian 💀

19 hours ago, Comic_Club said:

Where are all the civilians in this game? This game takes place far in the future where spaceships and inter planetary travel are possible, but there are no cities or civillians! And Cetus is the equivalent to a stone age village, (I find it strange that the Ostron wouldn't steal and incorporate more grineer tech in their lives) 

The Corpus are all about wealth and business, yet there is no one to sell anything to? They produce weapons, and like nothing else, but they can't sell them to anyone because the only other faction are the grineer. We know the corpus make massive spaceships, but we can't find their cities or anything? Someone please explain.

I do think it does the setting a disservice that basically every peaceful NPC is a merchant of some sort with obscenely high prices.  When Quinn says, "We really should be doing more to recognize your work" or whatever, I can't help but think, "Yeah, you really should."

It's one of the many problems with a F2P game-as-a-service model.  DE can't just add things to make the game better.  That's never the only goal.  They have to add things that increase psychological engagement.  Every addition to the game has to have hooks in it.

20 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

I do think it does the setting a disservice that basically every peaceful NPC is a merchant of some sort with obscenely high prices.  When Quinn says, "We really should be doing more to recognize your work" or whatever, I can't help but think, "Yeah, you really should."

It's one of the many problems with a F2P game-as-a-service model.  DE can't just add things to make the game better.  That's never the only goal.  They have to add things that increase psychological engagement.  Every addition to the game has to have hooks in it.

It's also slightly telling that the system and the wording makes sense for the first, but doesn't in future areas.

The Ostrons are a Mercantile people where it makes sense they insist you work for everything, and everything you do that can give standing makes sense to do so. Provide them with fish and kill the invaders at the gates and you earn brownie points you can cash in later.

... But why do the Solaris work on this system? Like even if we assume that Nef is using some kind of Scrip system so we can't just pay off everyone's debt, why are they paying us? Wouldn't it make more sense if, even if the system is exactly the same, to describe it as 'Scrip looted'? Then we pay that to the characters who talk about paying it forwards?

The Deimos system plus the voidplumes would have worked a great deal better for the Solaris, with Deimos either having its own unique system or inheriting the classic system.

It'd have been neat to be able to do non-bounty activities for standing on the open worlds too, especially Fortuna with how big and empty it is. Even if it's marginal. 

14 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

people already complain about kahl, an engineered super soldier, being slower

now imagine playing as a regular human civilian 💀

Kahl's only boring because DE beat him to death with underwhelming content after seeing how much praise he got during TNW.

That's why I'm thinking more of a one-off thing like Veso without everything that made that part of TNW annoying.

True, let me put in perspective what Warframe are. Somehow DE misses this but they implicitly nailed the goal with success. It needs a simple fix, in my opinion like a little scale adjustment. 

WARFRAMES are mechanical tall beasts that are 3 meters tall, they weight an average of 1,000 to 3,000 pounds average but have a mobility of a dextrous grasshopper. These organic/mechanical beasts have a high technology that encompases all types of rudiments in machinery and microscopic technology or nano miniatures. These things are organic too and uses mixed technology such as prosthetics. 

A civilian can't even move or carry the weight that a single warframe has. Even an Excalibur carries a heavy sword that a human can barely lift. The same can be said about tennos. These are genetically modified breed that ARE NOT human but comes from the human genome. A tenno may be six feet in comparison to the warframe, a nine feet tall organo-metric transferal golem. The connection is neural, it's the future of a cyberpunk universe perfected into these voidshells. A drifter easily may be a tall individual of seven feet with cybernetic implants and augmentations. 

THIS DISTINCTION MUST BE MADE between normal humans, us, and the set of tenno/drifter/warframe. These warframes are DEDICATED machines for war and CONSTRUCTION. These things are multi purpose autonomous/guided/sentient devices that have more than one use. This is something DE must STRESS out in the game. The whole thing IS THIS. The player can't escape this environment. It is a fusion of the created machine, the altered biology and the augmentation integrated to the existence of a living being. 

The void or whatever that thing is, IT IS SOMETHING ELSE. It is at this moment the Orokin found another form of life that has far greater comprehension and planes of existence than ours. This is where I think the game can continue the story. 

That's how I personally read the game, it's my take on what the game suggests.

Yes CIVILIANS and an excerpt of cities, large or small, are important in the game and the lorde. They help giving us a real scale of what are the dimensions of the story, the physical objects in the game and the context. 

Archived