Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost prime Rework

(PSN)Mirishi949

to continue with the second part of the rework of frost with several retouches

starting with a facelift to its prime version by implementing several concepts

Mr. Freeze - 2027 | Batman concept art, Batman concept, Dc comics art

Max Steel Turbo Blog: Extroyer y Troy Winter

unlike the normal prime is more unstable because of that this one had his skin ripped off to use it as an insulating suit and enclose his body in it he has no shield but this skin armor for overprotection this armor self-adapted developing great regeneration in his left arm hyperdeveloped creating a kind of ice arm.

skills:
prime passive: this frost does not have a shield generator since the generation of constant cold ruined them so the second skin functions as a shield giving it immunity to basic states, when receiving physical damage to the shield a highly freezing liquid jet will come out of the openings.

skills:
prime passive: this frost does not have a shield generator since the generation of constant cold ruined them so the second skin functions as a shield giving it immunity to basic states, when receiving physical damage to the shield a highly freezing liquid jet will come out of the openings.

third skill.
unchanged except that it now ignores allied projectiles.

fourth skill:
zero point: frost rips off his armor and generating releasing a wave of cold in a wide area doing more damage the closer they are to frost.
to protect itself from ranged damage frost generates a cold armor over its exposed parts.

1 hour ago, (PSN)Mirishi949 said:
Spoiler

Mr. Freeze - 2027 | Batman concept art, Batman concept, Dc comics art

So your idea to improve the Prime's look is shifting him from an Ice King to make him look like Mr.Freeze from Batman had a child with an Alien from Ben 10?

1 hour ago, (PSN)Mirishi949 said:
Spoiler

unlike the normal prime is more unstable because of that this one had his skin ripped off to use it as an insulating suit and enclose his body in it he has no shield but this skin armor for overprotection this armor self-adapted developing great regeneration in his left arm hyperdeveloped creating a kind of ice arm.

skills:

skills:

third skill.
unchanged except that it now ignores allied projectiles.

fourth skill:
zero point: frost rips off his armor and generating releasing a wave of cold in a wide area doing more damage the closer they are to frost.
to protect itself from ranged damage frost generates a cold armor over its exposed parts.

You do know that Reworks are suppose to benefit both the Normal and Primed variants of a Frame right? No Prime frames have any skill that works differently from their normal counterparts aside some minor visual effects.

primes aren't meant to be insanely upgraded from the original, just a slight boost. his visuals are lacking, but that's because he's old: he was only the second prime after Excalibur Prime for the Founders, and DE's designers weren't able to do the kind of visual overhauls we see on Prime warframes now.

I do agree that Frost needs a rework, mainly in the offense department: he's still a top pick for defensive combat but when you have the power of ice, you have everything you need to deal some serious damage as well:

- as a passive, immunity to cold status would be pretty nice: useful for certain Corpus/Orokin tiles with ice floors, which would otherwise reduce his movement.

- his 1 can be a dual mode: tap for an AoE snowball that spreads cold (similar to Epitaph), hold and release to create a sharp Icicle that deals cold and IPS damage but requires precision: think of it as like a Throwing Knife, but cooler (heheh)

- his 2 creates an ice rink around him that will make enemies slow down, like the ice floor tiles I mentioned before. if you cast the ability again, Frost impales the enemy on rising Ice spikes that deal massive IPS and cold damage. Ice wave in it's current form doesn't cover enough ground properly, and for a defensive frame, covering a wide area makes more sense. it could also synergize with his 3 where putting a Snowglobe over his Ice Rink creates outward icicle spikes that will prevent enemies from entering the globe for a while.

- his 3 only need two improvements: firstly, the globe should always be at maximum possible health for the level, no need to stack globes anymore. second, allied projectiles should be allowed to pass through, so no more "globe griefing", intended or otherwise, in modes like Interception.

- his 4 works pretty well, maybe give it a little more raw damage to go with the armor strip. 

edit: as for his visuals, the second pic by OP just reminds me of Atlas Karst. he could probably use more fashionframe options, but since DE don't care too much, it's up to the tennogen creators (as per usual). 

hace 10 horas, BiancaRoughfin dijo:

So your idea to improve the Prime's look is shifting him from an Ice King to make him look like Mr.Freeze from Batman had a child with an Alien from Ben 10?

You do know that Reworks are suppose to benefit both the Normal and Primed variants of a Frame right? No Prime frames have any skill that works differently from their normal counterparts aside some minor visual effects.

yes I just use them as a reference and although I didn't specify it, I thought about giving it a mr.freeze style dome. 

hace 5 horas, (PSN)manicmartz61 dijo:

Maybe if frost was immune to cold status effects that would be good. 

I thought about giving it just cold immunity but after realizing it wasn't worth it and given how I envisioned this new version I got this insulating suit so I wanted it to be immune to the basic states to go along with this new semi tank look.

hace 3 horas, (PSN)robotwars7 dijo:

primes aren't meant to be insanely upgraded from the original, just a slight boost. his visuals are lacking, but that's because he's old: he was only the second prime after Excalibur Prime for the Founders, and DE's designers weren't able to do the kind of visual overhauls we see on Prime warframes now.

I do agree that Frost needs a rework, mainly in the offense department: he's still a top pick for defensive combat but when you have the power of ice, you have everything you need to deal some serious damage as well:

- as a passive, immunity to cold status would be pretty nice: useful for certain Corpus/Orokin tiles with ice floors, which would otherwise reduce his movement.

- his 1 can be a dual mode: tap for an AoE snowball that spreads cold (similar to Epitaph), hold and release to create a sharp Icicle that deals cold and IPS damage but requires precision: think of it as like a Throwing Knife, but cooler (heheh)

- his 2 creates an ice rink around him that will make enemies slow down, like the ice floor tiles I mentioned before. if you cast the ability again, Frost impales the enemy on rising Ice spikes that deal massive IPS and cold damage. Ice wave in it's current form doesn't cover enough ground properly, and for a defensive frame, covering a wide area makes more sense. it could also synergize with his 3 where putting a Snowglobe over his Ice Rink creates outward icicle spikes that will prevent enemies from entering the globe for a while.

- his 3 only need two improvements: firstly, the globe should always be at maximum possible health for the level, no need to stack globes anymore. second, allied projectiles should be allowed to pass through, so no more "globe griefing", intended or otherwise, in modes like Interception.

- his 4 works pretty well, maybe give it a little more raw damage to go with the armor strip. 

hace 4 horas, (PSN)robotwars7 dijo:

edit: as for his visuals, the second pic by OP just reminds me of Atlas Karst. he could probably use more fashionframe options, but since DE don't care too much, it's up to the tennogen creators (as per usual). 

yes but as I said to the other I saw it very weak with the focus more tank the ray in this version has an area of effect and a faster freezing and the projectile can eliminate frozen enemies instantly the second is more simply that I added more damage and control in his third I decided not to touch it much because it is the favorite of many I have several ideas but I preferred not to touch it and the ultimate is the one that most inspired him

Primes cannot have different abilities from the standard ones. That's just not how it works.

And while i say frost is not in a dire need of a rework i wouldn't mind it either , as long as it is subtle.

i will repeat what i have said whenever this topic has come up 

I would recommend only two changes

Passive : Frigid Aura , Frost generates an aura of cold around him and all enemies within 10 meters get cold procs every 2 seconds , any attacks to frosts shields will also proc cold.

Merge 2 and 4 : Tap to cast forward wave , hold to cast radial wave 

New 2 : Frostfall Team buff , any kills while under buff will shatter enemy corpses, enemies hit by the explosion will get cold and bleed procs.

The only rework Frost needs is for cold procs to become useful. Especially as it's currently the only detrimental status effect due to the slow being worthless and it extends the invulnerability phases of some enemies. And the last """buffs""" it got only made the problem considerably worse.

Archived