Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A question now that the archon shard rng has been changed for awhile.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Fixed that last part for you. 😛

I take that correction. It's my fault on that one. 

That's entirely true. 

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Frost has probably been my longest running reliable go to frame since I started. He's never been replaced in my top part of the frequently used frames, and I've had Frost Prime since the day I started in 2017 when I got him, Soma P and Scindo P from a Twitch Prime promotional gift. And having experienced his "evolution" feels great, the more recent few changes and buffs he recieved really made him a massive JoaT frame. And he isnt just a JoaT, he's a JoaT that is really strong in those several trades he provides.

And up to this date Frost still works. It's a frame that survived "thousands" of nerfes and remained strong without being super overpowered or a weakling. Frost is one of the main Icon of this game. 

I don't play him that much but I recognize frost as a great overall frame. Excalibur runs the same path. Excalibur got better with time despite the addition of great frames that we saw lately in the game. 

A positive critique for DE. How DE got better creating new frames but the old traditional ones remained relevant. That's geniality right there. 

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

I take that correction. It's my fault on that one. 

That's entirely true. 

And up to this date Frost still works. It's a frame that survived "thousands" of nerfes and remained strong without being super overpowered or a weakling. Frost is one of the main Icon of this game. 

I don't play him that much but I recognize frost as a great overall frame. Excalibur runs the same path. Excalibur got better with time despite the addition of great frames that we saw lately in the game. 

A positive critique for DE. How DE got better creating new frames but the old traditional ones remained relevant. That's geniality right there. 

He's a frame done in a sensible way. He has strong defense but it needs maintenance, he has a great debuff but it doesnt come with absurd range, it also requires a decent amount of investment out of your total capacity and mod slots. He has acceptable personal defensive stats so can survive well. Ontop of it he has a balanced energy pool. I wish more frames were done similarly to balance them better.

Too bad DE runs with a "free form" character design approach instead of a classic RPG "point budget" system for frames, weapons and enemies. If everything started with a baseline, together with a point system, balance would be so much easier to achieve across the board. Where reducing something below the stadard would add points to the pool, and increasing things above the standard would instead cost. With diminishing returns in the creation process so the higher they increase something the more it will costs.

So say baseline range for a skill would be 10 meters, up to 15 meters it would cost 1pt per added meter, then after that it would double the cost at every added meter. Reducing it below 10 would grant 1pt to the pool. Then if you have a damage skill, it could start at say 1000, then each 100 damage added would cost a point up to X amount, then beyond that each 100 damage added would costs double of the previous increase.

23 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

Some of the complaints surrounding the system hasn't been solved, and DE has more or less said it never would be.

There's also the issue that they have a tendency of merging threads, which sometimes later gets deleted, that are criticizing the same thing but for completely different reasons and are seeking completely different outcomes. At times discussing contents in a patch but completely different 'content' has resulted in mass merges. Which just results in a thread containing different topics that have nothing to do with each other, and this may as well be the same as deleting the initial threads.

If you personally don't care about an issue, that's great, but everyone has different view points, are bothered by different things and play the game in varying ways that expose them to different problems and even bugs.

Yeah. And then if any 2 or more people start taking even veiled pot shots at eachother next thing you know the entire thread gets locked. 

So then any discussion about *any* of the things that were in *any* of those threads goes away.

I dont necessarily think its DE trying to censor criticism but sometimes it feels that way.

I wish theyd lean more towards letting threads stay seperate and or just yeeting the trolls. 

6 hours ago, (XBOX)ECCHO SIERRA said:

Yeah. And then if any 2 or more people start taking even veiled pot shots at eachother next thing you know the entire thread gets locked. 

So then any discussion about *any* of the things that were in *any* of those threads goes away.

I dont necessarily think its DE trying to censor criticism but sometimes it feels that way.

I wish theyd lean more towards letting threads stay seperate and or just yeeting the trolls. 

You are probably right, as sometimes feathers get ruffled, memes get tossed around, tempers flare as egos get slapped; so you are probably correct with your assessment of the situation and it would be nice for whoever is doing the merge and purge to take few seconds to send the trolls back to their caves and let the pertinent conversations remain.  Alas, no one seems to care enough to do such things so we just have to keep making new threads I guess to make sure our voices are heard.  Sigh...

Have a pleasant tomorrow!

Archived