The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Incarnon furax, rework.

(XBOX)elementXGHILLIE

The buffs are fine but the incarnon mode needs work. If anything the % chance of slash needs a bit of a buff. Given the way low SC.

As a start, make the heavy efficiency not only count for slams, but for all heavy attacks. Buffing the damage helps (would increase the damage per combo).

Then either make the Incarnon give attacks heat damage or add a second effect. Like on slide attack pull enemies in, or on combo slam attack deal heat damage.

I don't want all the Incarnon's to be Meta like the Latron or Strun but this one is useless outside of the base form buffs.

9 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Yep. Its the worst Incarnon yet.

The Napalm Effect should be much more powerful. 

It's weird because the two weapons I was looking forward to was the Latron and the Furax. Now my Latron has 200% CC on the base prime variant and my furax basically has no difference.

We need an inbetween.

1 minute ago, XHADgaming said:

Haven't touched that part of the update yet. Is it really that bad? I was looking forward to making the Furax a viable weapon beyond armor strip and acting as a stat stick :(

The paused combo counter buff gets depleted when used as a stat stick.

If you like the furax as the furax, it does not get any worse. You get a little bit out of it range, SC, attack speed.

Just now, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

The paused combo counter buff gets depleted when used as a stat stick.

If you like the furax as the furax, it does not get any worse. You get a little bit out of it range, SC, attack speed.

Well not necessarily as a stat stick for an exalted weapon but just being used to hold onto a fire rate buff for secondaries via amalgram furax body count. Alright thanks for the info.

I tested the Incarnon Furax now back and forth, because i thought i was missing something or used a wrong build... but nope... the Incarnon """"upgrade"""" for this specific weapon just really, really suck. 
Imo the "40% slash on Impact" could be 100% without a problem. By a 15% base Status Chance and no strong forced-impact-proc in the combos, this wouldn't be so bad.
The Napalm ground slam is a cool idea ... but 5 Heat damage on a lifted enemy is an insult to anyone who was undergone the hardcore grind. It should either a mini-Rhino Stomp with a heat proc.... or a Heat-Vortex that suck in all enemies in 20m radius. The Fist-stance-mods having, BY GOD, enough ragdoll attacks, which makes enemies unreachable. The stances not even lock-onto the enemy, you either miss the enemy by 10 meters through a forward attack or iff you slam them, you have literary seek for them wherever they may have land.

Don't get me wrong, i love the design of the Furax and i wish it would be useful, but i just can't feel the "power-glove" claim.

Maxed it out last night and tried several builds in the Simulacrum against different armored enemies. The damage output by itself can absolutely soar. However, against armored enemies, the Furax doesn't have enough status to truly take advantage of the Evolution effect that gives +40% chance of slash procs on impact status. I tried pure status builds, pure impact builds, along with my usual balanced builds. Anything I used had a much slower kill time compared to prime weapon that were slash oriented or even something like Hate with 7/8 mods equipped. I even have a magnetic Kuva Shildeg modded for Electric that did slightly better. I think a reward from grinding steel path enemies, spending a decent amount of duviri resources, and unlocking each evolution - should be competitive with something like the Hate. That you can get super early in the game and from the normal star chart. Sorry to focus on the Hate but it was something I was messing around with at the same time. Basically, the other Incarnon melee and prime melee vastly outperform it, because of the slash procs.

If I could suggest some ideas, maybe an innate "shattering impact", higher status effect, increase the slash chance from the evolution to like 65-70%, or like triple status damage. I personally like the feel and style of fist or sparring weapons, but longer reaching weapons with higher status chance, and higher slash weight will be the "go to" melee weapon unless something is done.

0gcuqd6.png

I've played a lot with tekko, what impressed me most about playing brass knuckles is the front finisher and particularly, making knuckles with reach is not something attractive for me because locomotion / evasion / parrying to brass knuckles is very low / awkward. Back in the day whips and batons were the go-to melees for longer range, bizarre things like 15m range being able to go through walls, so the DE reduced that in the melee v2.9 release.

I have some suggestions but they need to include finishers on incarnon hit:

1.  In incarnon mode the frame will have a heat aura similar to Drifter's Duviri;
  2.  The heat aura hits 1 tick of heat status every 200 milliseconds;
  3.  45 tick of heat status will make enemies opened to finisher;
  4.  on finisher activates the AoE napalm explosion;
  5.  The AoE napalm hits 10 tiks of impact status to all enemies within area.
  6.  The AoE napalm is affected by combo counter... the entire melee mod system;

This synergizes perfectly with these Furax Incarnon's Evolution IV mods:

• Perk 1: Flashing Bleed: +40% chance of Bleed on Impact Status Effect
  • Perk 3: Absolute Dominion: Increase Status Chance by +24% (Furax) / +22% (MK1) / +14% (Wraith)

Evolution III [Overhand](Heavy Attack Efficiency set at 20%) and [Kinetic Killer](Increase Critical Damage to 4x on Slide Attacks) can be replaced with one of these attractive [Innodem Incarnon] Evolution V:

• Perk 1: Blood Anointed: On Finisher: +40% Heavy Attack Efficiency for 40s.
  • Perk 3: Armed Inspiration: Collecting ammo grants 5 Melee Combo counter.

Consider that daggers and brass knuckles are thematically the lowest range melees in the game so they would be indicated for finishing attacks and single targets where they trigger AoE abilities. I don't agree with the gameplay of lifted enemies after hovering and pressing the mouse button 3 as there are too many tight tilesets.

thanks for reading👍

14 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I can't comment, but Aznvasions thinks it's good.

His build is combo, Condition overload (with epitaph), and Vigorous swap. Anything will be good with these.

Granted this may be what he uses in general. But using buffs outside the weapon or requiring 12x combo is generally not how people play.

Either way the Incarnon effect itself is still found useless. His builds relies on sliding crits or the slash on impact with Weeping wounds, Not the Incarnon form itself.

I will try a weeping wounds slash on Impact build, but using stat proccers or vig swap is not something I'm gonna do.

I like my weapon and frames being self reliant. Not necessarily a one shoe fits all, but the ability for my weapons to be useful outside a "min max setup."

21 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

will try a weeping wounds slash on Impact build, but using stat proccers or vig swap is not something I'm gonna do.

Biggest issue with that is you want viral but Furax Wraith has bad status chance so even with weeping wounds you only achieve 80% status, 70% impact weighting and the perk is 40% chance to bleed on impact proc. Dilute that with viral and you loose even more slash procs, you also loose benefits from CO and the CC a primer can provide.

If the Incarnon bleed on impact perk didn't compete with the plus 14% base status perk then we would have a more reliable weapon.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

His build is combo, Condition overload (with epitaph), and Vigorous swap. Anything will be good with these.

Granted this may be what he uses in general. But using buffs outside the weapon or requiring 12x combo is generally not how people play.

I'm certainly not going to debate any specifics  about the weapon since I don't have this adapter and I haven't even paid much attention to it.  It just strikes me that one could make those arguments or very similar ones about any of his videos. 

So I'll just say that his basic approach as I see it is to show optimal and near-optimal builds within certain constraints.   A lot of it is in the context of level xxxx play.  Even though that's not content I'm interested in, and I'm way less serious about my builds I nearly always find his evaluations worthwhile because I can downscale what he does to my extremely casual level.

Mostly I just thought you might find something interesting in there. 

5 minutes ago, L3512 said:

Biggest issue with that is you want viral but Furax Wraith has bad status chance so even with weeping wounds you only achieve 80% status, 70% impact weighting and the perk is 40% chance to bleed on impact proc. Dilute that with viral and you loose even more slash procs, you also loose benefits from CO and the CC a primer can provide.

If the Incarnon bleed on impact perk didn't compete with the plus 14% base status perk then we would have a more reliable weapon.

Bingo. If rank 2 gave you + base status chance, and rank 3 gave you  +slash on imp. This would be phenomenal.

15 hours ago, (XBOX)elementXGHILLIE said:

Bingo. If rank 2 gave you + base status chance, and rank 3 gave you  +slash on imp. This would be phenomenal.

Exactly my primary issue with the incarnon choices for Furax. It makes little to no sense that they offer bleed on impact status on the same evolution as the one that boosts status chance on an already low base status melee weapon.

I can't even reliably use Proton Snap to add a flat 50% status chance because the additional 100% toxin bonus will automatically ruin any impact weighting that may have been present (not to mention any other elements further diluting the chances).

The weapon hits hard, that much I can confidently say. However even with 90% innate efficiency on heavy slams to facilitate using the fire spots, they do 5x60 heat damage and only seem to be improved by elemental mods and faction bonuses. Not even scaling with combo or base damage mods for that matter.

Really the whole IPS weighting should change when it transforms since it gains a huge amount of sharp void bitties that would most certainly be sharp enough to correlate with increased bleed status output.

On 2023-05-04 at 7:55 PM, Tiltskillet said:

I can't comment, but Aznvasions thinks it's good.

He's obsessed with numbers and if something sounds good on paper he calls it good. It's like how he thinks corrosive outperforms viral on many builds. I still think he's one of the few good YouTubers but he gets high off his own calculations.

Archived