Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Trading Plat Hurting De Or Helping Them?

Kato-san

Gold Fusion Pack have the chance of giving you 3 fusion cores for 80 plat. 

People are trading Rare 5 cores for 3-5 plat each. so you can not get 3 rare 5s for 15plat instead of 80.

Dragon Mod Pack costs 90 plat and guarantees 2 random rare mods. 

In trade channel you can get 2 rare mods of your choice for 10-80 plat. (unless Prime chamber of course)

Void Key Pack 75 plat.  5 random keys guaranteed T3.

Trade channel you can buy any key of your choice for 5 plat.

But because we can now get such things for plat more people will buy plat as well.

So you think this is hurting DE for sales or Helping them?

I think it will help them in the short run, and for the long run I not really sure, as Plat will not really be disappearing but just being traded over to other people.

Edited by MindlessWar

For my part, if DE releases a scarf or other thingy I want, I'll buy some plat to have the thing I wanna have, and plat I have left over I'm totally happy to spend buying mods and such from other players.  

I'm also curious how this will turn out long run.  

It's totally helping them.

You can only trade bought platinum.

Most players who have traded hard earned mods for platinum will most likely spend it on slots, potatoes, and cosmetics. If there is no more platinum left to be traded, people will buy more platinum in order to trade.

It's akin to hats in TF2. Sure you can buy that hat that costs $5 USD in the Mannco. Shop, or you can trade and try to find a better deal. [which often the case a $5 hat is equivalent to $1 in metal.]

I don't think many people really ever bought those packs to begin with... The real plat expenditures have been and probably always will be potatoes and weapons. 

Void key pack 3rd place for most popular, Dragon Mod pack 2nd place for most popular.

Also I just added the key pack example forgot it.

Taking a page from EvE online gather round one and all:

In EvE online (a piloting spaceship game) when you go to pay for your monthly fee your can get your one month or get and Item called a PLEX(Pilots Licenses Extension) You can use it or sell in on the market for the average amount of money a player can make in a month of in game currency.

The elder players who have vast banks of ingame money use it to play seemingly for free while newer players are paying for their one month plus the extra PLEX to get that much needed money. In the end everyone's account is paid for just in a different but fair way.

In the same way someone who doesn't want to farm is using money from some who does. Someone is still buying plat one way or another, DE is still getting made and wealth ensues.

None of this is a bad thing.

I wouldn't worry.

Taking a page from EvE online gather round one and all:

In EvE online (a piloting spaceship game) when you go to pay for your monthly fee your can get your one month or get and Item called a PLEX(Pilots Licenses Extension) You can use it or sell in on the market for the average amount of money a player can make in a month of in game currency.

The elder players who have vast banks of ingame money use it to play seemingly for free while newer players are paying for their one month plus the extra PLEX to get that much needed money. In the end everyone's account is paid for just in a different but fair way.

In the same way someone who doesn't want to farm is using money from some who does. Someone is still buying plat one way or another, DE is still getting made and wealth ensues.

None of this is a bad thing.

I wouldn't worry.

Ah yes, good old PLEX.

I remember how it only cost 300m+ a PLEX for a month of game time.

DE is pretty much doing the same thing because for a trade to work, the person must BUY Platinum first.

As I posted before, unless they get a handle on the money farmers, this trading system will hurt them significantly.

Consider this; Farming Guild A sells enough mods to rake in lets say...1k Plat, to be even about it. Not only can they technically generate product out of thin air, they can trade for it with their stockpile of Plat. I haven't touched the Trading system yet, but...Mods, Cores, Resources all can be traded if I'm not mistaken. That's maybe 40% of their revenue from Micro Transactions. If Formas and Potatos can be traded as well, that's something of 70% combined with the former....Given A, you can now trade the above for anything, not just plat, that sections off a part of their market selection. Not only that, as long as the above traders do not use their Plat on the DE Market, that Platinum is in stasis, meaning it can continue to cycle around the Trading market, perpetuating the cycle indefinitely.

Though this is heresay until A, the trading system is fleshed out fully, and B, I actually get an  indepth look at it. Wait a week and post your findings on the Wiki guys, it'll help us get a look at it.