Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.10

[DE]Connor

22 hours ago, iPathos said:

Experience. It visibly forces chests and shrines into existence where they were not before.

So.... no source?
Got it.

The instance you're probably thinking of is them being highlighted. Not spawned in.
If you're constantly reloading the spot that it spawns in-- chances are that's just Duviri reloading the objectives, period.
Nothing Guiding Hand is doing differently, therefore still useless for the most part.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Binket_ said:

So.... no source?
Got it.

The instance you're probably thinking of is them being highlighted. Not spawned in.
If you're constantly reloading the spot that it spawns in-- chances are that's just Duviri reloading the objectives, period.
Nothing Guiding Hand is doing differently, therefore still useless for the most part.

Next time, go and do some testing for yourself. This is just when I've remembered to capture the footage in the past couple of days.

First instance: https://streamable.com/veunsq

Second instance: https://streamable.com/cgcr9f

Just because something isn't documented yet doesn't mean that it's false, places such as the wiki come from both player testing and given data after all.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, iPathos said:

Just because something isn't documented yet doesn't mean that it's false

... yet both pieces of footage don't explicitly show that Guiding Hand is doing this.
Like I said, it can be done by constantly reloading a spot if anything. Probably along with other myriad parameters.
Of which seems more likely to be the case here, frankly put.

I've dabbled in these kinds of tests countless times in all sorts of games.
After a while, it just comes with intuition. Knowing how most games are structured anyway.
Not that intuition is a viable counterpoint, but said more to illustrate that there's more at play than just X = Y.

Some phrase along the lines of "Correlation" and "Causation" seems to be relevant here, no?

Regardless, I'd rather just outright find these objectives as is.
Running around will generally find you something for Decrees... and the Enigma Puzzles only spawn in set locations.
All of which are generally bundled in a close proximity to each other. Move around enough and you'll trip over 3 of 'em.
Guiding Hand simply highlights things with a jarring effect and emits slow beacon towards the main objective.
It's handy, but I wouldn't call it "earning it's own hotfix" kinda handy.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Binket_ said:

... yet both pieces of footage don't explicitly show that Guiding Hand is doing this.
Like I said, it can be done by constantly reloading a spot if anything. Probably along with other myriad parameters.

After a while, it just comes with intuition. Knowing how most games are structured anyway.
Not that intuition is a viable counterpoint, but said more to illustrate that there's more at play than just X = Y.

Some phrase along the lines of "Correlation" and "Causation" seems to be relevant here, no?

Running around will generally find you something for Decrees... and the Enigma Puzzles only spawn in set locations.
All of which are generally bundled in a close proximity to each other. Move around enough and you'll trip over 3 of 'em.
Guiding Hand simply highlights things with a jarring effect and emits slow beacon towards the main objective.

Cool colors, start testing in this game too and feel free to write up the wiki page on it.

Until then, your input has little to no value here and is simply detraction from actual progress.

• Like 3

On 2023-05-13 at 11:25 PM, Trekka said:

Capitalizing the first letter of words at random.
This whole paragraph looks like a youtube title.

Very constructive Input on the issue highlighted and Not my Capitliation of Words. Oh wait.  Well, if you have something Constructive to add, we'd love to hear it, Captain Obvious.

By the Way, I did it on Purpose this time.  It's just a Habit I have sometimes. So kewl beans.

On 2023-05-13 at 10:49 PM, Teferi1109 said:

You do know that Discord exists, right?

An Even More 'Natual Way' to begin voice coms. Yes. You know that TeamSpeak still exists? Steam Chat has voice too. Your point? I'm talking about talking to Randoms and reminding them on the Fly of basic mechanics, passives, objective related information. So you know, the Team can do Team Work.

The Logistics of Setting up a Discord Lobby with Pubs every 5-10 minutes, with the ones that'd be down for that, is not something anyone wants to deal with. Now, consider instead of going to the drawing board with this one, we just set it back to Default on and those that want to opt out can just opt out, as it's always been. Like, it's easier to opt out than in.

For one, Almost No One knows Voice Exists in game until someone fat fingers the default ptt button. It's not really mentioned anywhere, which is sad. So having it Defautl Off really just hides it Further.

For two, it's been Default on for like 5 years, they even added more functionality to it by adding the ablity to seperately route mic and game audio. So doing that then Defaulting it off really makes that feature just eat S#&$. All that effort for it not even be used.

For three, Tone. You know sometimes you feel like no one is listening to you because they imagine your Tone to be unpleasant? Like you're typing with a S#&$ eating grin or you're not geniunely happy or unconserned about the other party members survibility, that you're flexing with disdain. When you're not, when it's the polar opposite. Words do not Convey your intentions or tone properly.

For four, It's fun to just surprize people with either a reminder or a whole new realization that Voice is a thing in Warframe. Out of the Box, it's fun. But if the Box is wrapped up in Serval layers of "I don't touch the Options and I don't know how to navigate them.", it's not very fun, I can tell you that.

• Like 5

Playing the last few days and STILL the same bugs appearing whilst running the "Experience"!!! Aptly named maybe? Ahaha.

Posted in the bug section, here's a list of bugs I've encountered and still prevalent still launch and active the last few days:

• If you're in the cavern and in the process of selecting a WF and weapons, If the host leaves, ALL weapons disappear leaving you unable to select any.
  • As above & the "undercroft" is triggered, same thing happens!
  • Shrine requirements (openworld) - collect 4 parts, only 3 drops appear. Sometimes, the shrine parts "De-spawn" after they drop from an NPC so you end up with only 2 parts!
  • Owl Puzzles bug out randomly
  • Chests not spawning or unable to interact with on completion on task (random side quests)
  • Underworld portals not Triggering!
  • Still getting ported back to the Arena after the final fight & if you "Escape" and Leave, mission failure with no rewards!
  • Mission failure screen and losing all collected resources when the host quits & you end up back in your craft.
  • Random keyboard keys not working when switching from open world to undercroft and vice versa - when switching back to either, it all works again - usually its either the melee button or interact button which becomes unresponsive!

The worst by far though is "Host Migration" and "Host migration Failed". These seem to be the catalyst that triggers the worst bugs and then really knackers things out!

A bit of code is not configured correctly Or even missing with regards to collected resources vanishing? It's as if the server is not checking with the "Host" and the other players in the group or Vice Versa with how some of the issues crop up.

And we really need a 2 minute timer if someone triggers the "Undercroft" and any players are still in the Cavern to give them at least a fighting chance at being able to select a WF and weapons (albiet rushed) before being ported out!

*Rant over - coffee & cig on standby!! And fingers crossed the next patch fixes things (STOP  LAUGHING!!)

• Like 3

image.png?width=1630&height=917

hey we're at the ridiculous here, one month of update and still you lose roof and get stuck everything for host migration, open chest and end up in the underground. Kudos for how you are handling the post update really never seen a worse thing.

Host migration problems (crashes, or re-entering mission stops all spawn of things and items)

resource boosters don't work, today I did an hour circuit, mods were level 1300 I was happy all nice ... I go out after completing lv 13 of the circuit and? he didn't save anything I'm again at 9.

Frame rate problems in duviri when a companion takes over the orowyrm

changes weapon to drifter every time i re-enter circuit! so i have syam but i don't have it ... since it puts me back to the basic one every time.

i don't continue because you don't even care you won't even look and anyway you don't apply fixes so as always it's just a lot of wasted time.

ps bring back the raids! ah yeah no you are not able to fix the problems they generate so better eliminate them.

1 hour ago, Destructor7972 said:

Playing the last few days and STILL the same bugs appearing whilst running the "Experience"!!! Aptly named maybe? Ahaha.

Posted in the bug section, here's a list of bugs I've encountered and still prevalent still launch and active the last few days:

• If you're in the cavern and in the process of selecting a WF and weapons, If the host leaves, ALL weapons disappear leaving you unable to select any.
  • As above & the "undercroft" is triggered, same thing happens!
  • Shrine requirements (openworld) - collect 4 parts, only 3 drops appear. Sometimes, the shrine parts "De-spawn" after they drop from an NPC so you end up with only 2 parts!
  • Owl Puzzles bug out randomly
  • Chests not spawning or unable to interact with on completion on task (random side quests)
  • Underworld portals not Triggering!
  • Still getting ported back to the Arena after the final fight & if you "Escape" and Leave, mission failure with no rewards!
  • Mission failure screen and losing all collected resources when the host quits & you end up back in your craft.
  • Random keyboard keys not working when switching from open world to undercroft and vice versa - when switching back to either, it all works again - usually its either the melee button or interact button which becomes unresponsive!

The worst by far though is "Host Migration" and "Host migration Failed". These seem to be the catalyst that triggers the worst bugs and then really knackers things out!

A bit of code is not configured correctly Or even missing with regards to collected resources vanishing? It's as if the server is not checking with the "Host" and the other players in the group or Vice Versa with how some of the issues crop up.

And we really need a 2 minute timer if someone triggers the "Undercroft" and any players are still in the Cavern to give them at least a fighting chance at being able to select a WF and weapons (albiet rushed) before being ported out!

*Rant over - coffee & cig on standby!! And fingers crossed the next patch fixes things (STOP  LAUGHING!!)

io ormai ho perso le speranze, quando mi sento di buon umore ci provo e poi rosico per due giorni, ma ci ritorno sperando e combattendo contro l'rng

• Like 4

On 2023-05-16 at 9:22 PM, Thicondrius said:

still no update -.- Shameful especially the lack of communication with the players.

Have some patience. It's self-evident that the majority of players either don't know or don't care to know proper bug support decorum despite DE making it is obvious as possible here, that alone impacts turnaround time dramatically. It's also an entirely new swath of systems that they have to bugfix as previously unknown issues come to light.

On 2023-05-17 at 4:56 AM, Thicondrius said:

never seen wf so dead, few people, no one breaking on the forum, very few fixes/updates no communication from devs, a month that this crap came out with all new melee drifter system and... nothing still buggy and unplayable, valkyr excalibur baruuk are a pain to play. Well come on 10 years for a mediocre f2p I'd say that's a lot, too bad they killed the game slowly since the days of solar rails through raids and ending to today with DUVIRI BUGBOX. Is Soulframe progressing well at least?

Surprise surprise, it's busy every day in-game. This has a knock-on effect in that less people are complaining on the forums, that is not the same thing as them or the game being "dead" and it does nothing but paint you as either ignorant or intentionally obtuse.

There's been 7 hotfixes for PC, with at least one per week every week since Duviri dropped. DE hasn't ceased active development just because a large update came up and Tennocon is coming relatively soon.

Have some nous.

Actually, why don't you expand a bit? How are Excalibur, Valkyr and Baruuk "a pain to play"? I main Valkyr and it's only been an improvement since Duviri due to major bugs that required code fixes. Baruuk is (as always) a powerhouse. Excalibur Umbra's passive can be iffy, but other than that both him and base Excalibur are both fun and strong.

The new incarnon genesis adapters give later-game players something juicy to sink their teeth into for at least two full rotations of 6 weeks. The new arcanes allow much more diverse builds in several cases, notably on Bows and Secondaries due to Longbow Sharpshoot and Secondary Shiver as well as Shotguns with Shotgun Vendetta.

The average player count has been retained fairly well considering the bugs on intro (primarily fixed at this point) while smaller issues are iterated upon.

If you are really this concerned with the state of the game, put in some effort to show that. Bug reports (detailed), explore new build paths, try different content, have fun.

Hell I've personally put in over a hundred hours just in-mission since the update dropped. Sure, I've encountered issues, however they've been acknowledged and are either fixed or being worked on.

Edited by iPathos
Expansion on final word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, iPathos said:

Have some patience. It's self-evident that the majority of players either don't know or don't care to know proper bug support decorum despite DE making it is obvious as possible here, that alone impacts turnaround time dramatically. It's also an entirely new swath of systems that they have to bugfix as previously unknown issues come to light.

Surprise surprise, it's busy every day in-game. This has a knock-on effect in that less people are complaining on the forums, that is not the same thing as them or the game being "dead" and it does nothing but paint you as either ignorant or intentionally obtuse.

There's been 7 hotfixes for PC, with at least one per week every week since Duviri dropped. DE hasn't ceased active development just because a large update came up and Tennocon is coming relatively soon.

Have some nous.

Actually, why don't you expand a bit? How are Excalibur, Valkyr and Baruuk "a pain to play"? I main Valkyr and it's only been an improvement since Duviri due to major bugs that required code fixes. Baruuk is (as always) a powerhouse. Excalibur Umbra's passive can be iffy, but other than that both him and base Excalibur are both fun and strong.

The new incarnon genesis adapters give later-game players something juicy to sink their teeth into for at least two full rotations of 6 weeks. The new arcanes allow much more diverse builds in several cases, notably on Bows and Secondaries due to Longbow Sharpshoot and Secondary Shiver as well as Shotguns with Shotgun Vendetta.

The average player count has been retained fairly well considering the bugs on intro (primarily fixed at this point) while smaller issues are iterated upon.

If you are really this concerned with the state of the game, put in some effort to show that. Bug reports (detailed), explore new build paths, try different content, have fun.

Hell I've personally put in over a hundred hours just in-mission since the update dropped. Sure, I've encountered issues, however they've been acknowledged and are either fixed or being worked on.

I have seen you respond to other posts before, and you are always let's say subservient to DEs. So first I'm not every day in the game, er a the weekend, I have a clan and I hear what they say, they share bugs on discord and wa. They worked for 4 years on a mountain of bugs let me understand how or in what you should be patient, they released duviri before time not us! They released (as always) a content full of errors that they obviously did not test at all. There osno people who give them money to keep them going, players pay to speed up the game, others want to play their favorite game instead, still others explore bugs ... then there are those like you who are paladins of who knows not what who lecture people who just want to have #*!%ing usable content! They created a melee system for the drifter, nice ... they broke it the day after release and guess what? still today a month later the main feature of the new gameplay is still broken ahah now I think there is no excuse for that and if you want to defend them you are ridiculous and make yourself pathetic, that's all. Each person sees different things, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to tell when quqsomething is indefensible and/or have patience! if you had followed my posts from the beginning you would notice that many are encouraging you to wait, others advise, others list problems, I can reason and understand various situations but it's not duviri's. if you like to play with a half product and take the risk of not advancing every time bhe then it's your playground this heheh have fun i will wait and play 3 days a week hoping to see real fixes and not just potential ones. Ah yes melee they broke it throughout the game -.- and also melee warframes like valkyr baruuk etc if that doesn't sound like a good reason for you to stay on them you might as well change games go tetris online!

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, Thicondrius said:

I have seen you respond to other posts before, and you are always let's say subservient to DEs. So first I'm not every day in the game, er a the weekend, I have a clan and I hear what they say, they share bugs on discord and wa. They worked for 4 years on a mountain of bugs let me understand how or in what you should be patient, they released duviri before time not us! They released (as always) a content full of errors that they obviously did not test at all. There osno people who give them money to keep them going, players pay to speed up the game, others want to play their favorite game instead, still others explore bugs ... then there are those like you who are paladins of who knows not what who lecture people who just want to have #*!%ing usable content! They created a melee system for the drifter, nice ... they broke it the day after release and guess what? still today a month later the main feature of the new gameplay is still broken ahah now I think there is no excuse for that and if you want to defend them you are ridiculous and make yourself pathetic, that's all. Each person sees different things, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be able to tell when quqsomething is indefensible and/or have patience! if you had followed my posts from the beginning you would notice that many are encouraging you to wait, others advise, others list problems, I can reason and understand various situations but it's not duviri's. if you like to play with a half product and take the risk of not advancing every time bhe then it's your playground this heheh have fun i will wait and play 3 days a week hoping to see real fixes and not just potential ones. Ah yes melee they broke it throughout the game -.- and also melee warframes like valkyr baruuk etc if that doesn't sound like a good reason for you to stay on them you might as well change games go tetris online!

I am quick to post because I pay attention to various segments of the community, of all opinions.

There's a huge difference between advocating subservience or "bending the knee" and being both realistic and pragmatic. I've encountered many of the bugs others have, yet I understand that this is an evolving process and as said before it's a lot of new mechanics and systems to just expect it to work out of the box.

The way the team works on content and bugfixes is nonlinear, so simply using a period of time (one that involves the COVID-19 pandemic and all of it's related hurdles, mind you) is not a fair metric. Chances are they've moved the teams around over the years and focused where they've needed to at the same time as working on newer content.

Something that everyone (or at least the vast majority) seems to forget is that even if DE fully utilized their private test servers on top of in-house debugging, they would not be exposing the game to the sheer quantity and variety of players and their individual setups. There's so much interplay between systems with several further layers of randomness purely by virtue of the loadout selection.

You cannot compare DE's preliminary comb for bugs against the playerbase at large sifting through it with a microscope, the scale is just too different.

Now, take some time to properly elaborate on your issues and maybe they'll be addressed. You can't expect the devs to work with "this thing is bugged fix it". The bare minimum people should be doing is starting their report posts with DE's requested format, however that's rare to see, let alone the complete lack of usable information contained in those 

I enjoy the game immensely and have deeply invested my time and money because I enjoy it such. I understand players don't want to deal with bugs, but they can't sit here and complain about them without at least submitting their info in a suitable manner. Otherwise, they'll just be lost in the morass elsewhere.

People immediately decide that I'm "white knighting" just because I recognize that the vast majority of complaints are not workable in the slightest. They are usually complaints and are the result of said players throwing themselves at the problem without an ounce of forethought.

Actually try to absorb what I'm saying here; HELP DE to fix the issues by at the bare minimum reporting issues in the manner they ask you to.

Like you're mentioning melee being "broken" without any further clarification. The only issue I've experienced around melee is that it can get confused when trying to quick shot. Solution, switch weapons. It doesn't solve the initial issue but it gives you a workable solution. I can't count the number of SP Duviri Experience runs I've done, I had maxed intrinsics and had cleared SP Circuit within a couple days of the update dropping - I still kept going back in to explore the systems and enjoy the work that's been put in.

Example: have you noticed just how prominent ambient sound is with the update? We've had things like caches and rare crates, demolysts pulsing, but not to the degree they've leveraged this time around. I sincerely recommend it with some decent headphones, since that'll let you appreciate the work done more.

I said I main Valkyr, I am familiar with melee. How is it broken? I am aware life steal was broken on hysteria for a while, as were multiple specific mods broken on exalted weapons. This was fixed on the first day of Duviri as it was a fix that required a code change which DE was clear to us about from the outset. Your lack of specificity indicates that either you're just complaining for the sake of complaining, or you're making up issues based on problems already addressed.

Edited by iPathos
Addition about melee
  • Like 2

On 2023-05-15 at 5:11 AM, Binket_ said:

Considering there are set locations for every potential spawn, simply returning to the location isn't enough for those points of interest to be guaranteed to come into being. Indeed, visiting the location alone isn't enough, however using Guiding Hand in these locations can cause/force more objectives to load in. If you're basing the entire premise of your stance on semantics then it's misplaced faith from the outset.

My position is that Guiding Hand can force objectives to spawn where they were not active or present before. It's not guaranteed by any stretch, but it without a doubt has some hand in causing previously inactive elements of the map to become active.

I have done tests for this, I have run through Duviri more times than I'd care to count. My position comes with at least attempts to illustrate however it is also something that intuition plays a large part in.

Edited by iPathos
Accidental repetition

Going on from my bug list, two others which may well be intentional and not bugs (but I've not seen anything to indicate otherwise):

• If phase 6 is triggered by someone picking up the Orvius disc to spawn the Orowyrm, you're no longer able to interact with parts of the Owl Puzzles - The part where you have to shoot the icons to rotate them to match the 3 symbols.
  • After completing the "Main Quest" and if you port back to the finish area correctly, If you want to stay and solve more side puzzles, All the Owls are locked out & unplayable!

Again, this may be intentional so they may not be bugs?

If that's the case, a warning message should be displayed onscreen when you get to the 4/6 stage. Onscreen for 10 seconds, then fades which warns all players. And DON'T auto-equip every player in the group with the Orvius when someone has picked it up - just put a huge icon on the map so we can choose when (or if) we want to pick it up.

Many a time, I've been interacting with a puzzle only for someone to pick up the Orvius disc & "BAM" - can no longer finish the Owl!!

Whilst a lot of players who frequent the forums may know about these issues so adjust their playstyle accordingly, there's substantially more who don't and can inadvertently screw up your run/farm.

Peace out 🤘

• Like 1

Жесточайшая обнова багов в целом, "Парадокса Дувири"... Надо было назвать обновление "Парадокс багов". Больше бы сочеталось, наглядно и понятно =)

Edited by DivergentVIP

Adding this here in case others have the same sort of opinion: 

Burston and Soma Incarnon's should be swapped. 

Be this as a warning for anyone thinking about picking the Soma this week...

DO NOT

The Burston got the better treatment. Do not be like me and pick the soma because you think it'll be better. 

38 minutes ago, Halo said:

Burston and Soma Incarnon's should be swapped

i don't think the soma and the burston should be swapped,

just make the Hata-Satya works on Soma Incarnon Form
The incarnon mode was made for the mod, they lowered the critical chance because it would be too OP
With 8 inherent multishot (16+ with mods) the crit chance would go 20% per shot (from it's 10% base) making 50 shot's = 100% crit chance on the weapon (yellow crit), 100 shot's = orange crits, 150 shots red crits.
BUT theres more! with punch through and a mag bubble or xata's wisper, the count could go way higher.

i think that if we just make the hata-satya works, the soma sould be on par with the other incarnons

Edited by OrionSincoat

4 minutes ago, OrionSincoat said:

i think that if we just make the hata-satya works, the soma sould be on par with the other incarnons

Double-Tap doesn't work for the Latron's Incarnon, so don't get your hopes up on the Soma. 

Poor CC and a base SC that's worse than the Pyrana Prime's SC-per-pellet. 

The potential was there, it was just given to other weps. 

Face-damage building the thing will be its only saving grace because HunMun will be barely proccing, so viral / heat with Serr or ASerr. 

At best, consistent Yellow crits to keep HunMun relevant if you're running Avenger or an Adarza / Smeeta and praying the CC proc comes up (forced orange ones, so that's fine). 

Is it good as is? Yeah. Could it have been BETTER than what we got? A thousand times yes. 

30 minutes ago, Halo said:

Double-Tap doesn't work for the Latron's Incarnon, so don't get your hopes up on the Soma.

Why not?
I just think (codding wise), the incarnon form and the base form of the weapons are 2 different weapons and the mod is checking for the base weapon only

For exemple:
soma and soma prime are 2 different weapons, but the riven mod know that

Just making those "mods for named weapons" work should be enough,
and if i remember correctly DE said that they would wait the 6 weeks to all weapons be released to make any change in the incarnons

i really think that the "mods for named weapons" is a bug or a oopsie made in dev hahahaha

Edited by OrionSincoat
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, OrionSincoat said:

i really think that the "mods for named weapons" is a bug or a oopsie made in dev hahahaha

My brain says "No", but my heart has that extremely slim chance of believing that it was an oopsie on their end. 

As it is now, it's upsetting that it doesn't work. 

Maybe this week's 'Cert Update' might address it, or won't. 

• Like 1

eh yes there go people like you who believe, and then there are those like me who are a bit realistic and have been waiting for communication for weeks and an update to restore melee for a month. Not everyone has the faith that you have or the patience, think some are sad because the game used to be followed ... even during the pandemic there were more updates eheh hello have fun for me too I will have to wait again ... at least until they make an update