Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.10

[DE]Connor

37 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Gonna fix Naramon and being unable to ground slam after jumping after the Citrine patch? You now have to get way high in the air to do a slam, and it sucks, and it didn't used to be like this.

Thankfully at least, opening slam still applies so long as you slam before touching the ground (assuming you melee out of operator) but I would also like to see this fixed.

How long are we taking to be freed from the progress breaking bugs? Host leaving really breaks the mission and waste resources. I mean, you had a lot of time to prepare Duviri Paradox, didnt the testers report those grave issues?

Also, are we getting yet so low value for the future Prime Access packs, thats a full AAA game price for a frame, 2 weapons and some poor cosmetics (Baruuk and Hyldrin being the screaming issues here).

I've hoped for a far more stable experience than "wait a whole month after release to play it".

• Like 9

Thank you for the hotfix!

There are already so many threads about this, but Excalibur Umbra doesn't fully benefit from the Naramon school because it's not possible to do finishers from being an operator/drifter with him. Given that he's a melee based frame, it would be super awesome to be able to utilize that Naramon ability where you dash through enemies and do a finisher for buffs. Please, I beggeth. 

Edit: Additionally, it's still the case that switching back to Excal from being op/drifter disables abilities with timers, so you have to recast them every time you switch back to Excal. This was fixed with his 4 which is a channeled ability, but for other abilities it still has this issue. Very noticeable with helminth abilities that have a timer especially.

Edited by nkarchaic
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, -FrutyX- said:

Welp, looks like we gonna need another set of hotfixes still... Just joined The Lone Story, no excavators nor enemies showed up in the Undercroft, after host migration, it switched to survival, but there were no enemies anyways.

Still a long way to go, the only sad thing is, that the progress stopping bugs still exists.

ya. real fun. Host left in steelpath circuit. After Host migration mission automatically failed, kicking us out with no reward.... 10/10

• Like 6

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

The Duviri Paradox: Hotfix 33.0.10

We wanted to get this really quick top level priority fix out before the weekend so you can continue to enjoy the Spiral Stories and the Duviri Paradox Quest. Thank you all! 

Fixes:

• Fixed script error that would cause players to lose functionality for the ‘Guiding Hand’ ability in the Quest and in regular Spiral missions.

Better to fix something that hurts the experience on time than later

• Like 1

really quick top level priority fix out before the weekend

... what?

"Top-level priority", huh? What could POSSIBLY be so game-breaking and so cataclysmic to their game to warrant it's own dedicated hotfix?
Truly it must be a grand fix, a titan of security improvements!

Fixed script error that would cause players to lose functionality for the ‘Guiding Hand’ ability in the Quest and in regular Spiral missions.

breathing-is-fun-stare.gif

Does anyone even use that for seeking out an objective? I use it to make enemies get weak points or just to spam it for Ability Casting-related Decrees.
Both of which I can just.... use any other ability?

I'm not expecting anything to change anytime soon with how DE fixes things, because that's just not gonna happen.
... but boy, I am running out of room on wall for what was normally morbid curiosity on how long they'd take.

Wake me up when Universal Medallions allow Conclave Standing, Steel Path has more than just stat inflation, Electromagnetic Shielding gets changed to Affinity Range and Line of Sight is applied to Vortex.
... because any one of those sounds like a great hotfix to have.

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Binket_ said:

Does anyone even use that for seeking out an objective? I use it to make enemies get weak points or just to spam it for Ability Casting-related Decrees.
Both of which I can just.... use any other ability?

Casting Guiding Hand can cause more side objectives and occasionally Paragrimm Hutches to spawn, it's definitely got uses outside of simply "finding your way" as the ability touts.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Casting Guiding Hand can cause more side objectives and occasionally Paragrimm Hutches to spawn, it's definitely got uses outside of simply "finding your way" as the ability touts.

... Source?

There's no "Ability" screen to show Drifter's ability functions and- as far as I'm concerned- that sounds like baseless rumors.
Personally, I think I've found more side-tasks without using Guiding Hand-- but that's equally as possible without a source.

Until that source, this hotfix shows that DE's development plan is a roulette wheel.
Which isn't exactly a BAD thing... until they start doing things like this and I have to question what even is a priority of theirs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Binket_ said:

... Source?

There's no "Ability" screen to show Drifter's ability functions and- as far as I'm concerned- that sounds like baseless rumors.
Personally, I think I've found more side-tasks without using Guiding Hand-- but that's equally as possible without a source.

Until that source, this hotfix shows that DE's development plan is a roulette wheel.
Which isn't exactly a BAD thing... until they start doing things like this and I have to question what even is a priority of theirs.

Experience. It visibly forces chests and shrines into existence where they were not before.

Go and test.

• Like 1

Defense still in the Circuit, Kaithe's 8th Intrinsic still dumb, some worst bugs that've mentioned here still unfixed and this 'hotfix' what we get for weekend. Better play other games, dudes and dudettes. 

• Like 9

Please make Teshin's Cave part of the Dormizone. Allow us to mod our random gear in Teshin's Cave using the mirror (including fashion) and for the sake of everyone's sanity please move matchmaking to when you enter the portal in Teshin's Cave. The way you currently have it set up is equivalent to having matchmaking happen when you enter Cetus, Fortuna, or the Necralisk. I spend several minutes at the beginning of almost every mission waiting for everyone to finish their loadouts before I enter the portal so I don't force teleport people out of Teshin's Cave.

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, ArkedVoid10 said:

Please make it so frames that have archon shards also have them in duviri

They already do have the archon shard equipped? See relevant patch note below.

Or are you talking about a bug that you want fixed where it won't apply specifically in Duviri  open world when you use transference?

On 2023-04-26 at 7:59 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Existing Mod Configs available in Teshin’s Cave mirror those from your Arsenal, but also apply the following upgrades, such as:

(. . .)

• Archon Shards (applied to all Configs)

18 hours ago, -CM-GoodDodge said:

Bring Back VOIP Default On, and Take In-Line Private Messages and put it in the Traaaash. or Un Default it.

VOIP Default on was the Best, you'd meet people a lot Better when you could Genuinely Speak with another out of the blue and it wasn't forced by having to tell people to turn their VOIP on.

Please bring it back, I really don't care if all the Console people mouth breathe or Speak their thoughts every 20 seconds. You know what was There and Easy to Reach Already? The Mute Button. We've already been on top of that for the last.. 5 Years.

You do know that Discord exists, right?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, -CM-GoodDodge said:

Bring Back VOIP Default On, and Take In-Line Private Messages and put it in the Traaaash. or Un Default it.

VOIP Default on was the Best, you'd meet people a lot Better when you could Genuinely Speak with another out of the blue and it wasn't forced by having to tell people to turn their VOIP on.

Please bring it back, I really don't care if all the Console people mouth breathe or Speak their thoughts every 20 seconds. You know what was There and Easy to Reach Already? The Mute Button. We've already been on top of that for the last.. 5 Years.

Capitalizing the first letter of words at random.
This whole paragraph looks like a youtube title.

• Like 2