Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What was great about Duviri (and what wasn't).

Traumtulpe

• Duviri itself looks gorgeous, as we've come to expect from Warframe - I don't remember there ever being complaints about the graphic or sound design in this game.
  • Incarnon weapons are great, both as a concept, and as a reward structure. The grind is split up into different parts, making it more bearable, and the limit of 2 per week serves to keep us busy without feeling too restrictive.
  • The circuit (the mission itself, excluding everything around it) is also rather enjoyable. It could use better balancing, more mission variety, anything technically new at all, but it certainly is better than playing the same type of mission over and over.

So what wasn't great? A lot actually...

• Everything surrounding the circuit. Tons of bugs, steel path with useless equipment, no rewards on failure (extremely common due to bugs), decrees are super boring, DE's mod configurations are worse than random and not suitable to steel path, the entire setup (like being grouped in the cave and being unable to mod stuff) is super clunky, player unfriendly, causes host migrations and is just all around terrible.
  • Drifter gameplay. It's clunky, it's slow, it's boring. Casting abilities disables sprinting (your "toggle sprinting" has never worked and will never work, aren't you embarrassed?).
  • All rewards except Incarnon adapters. I ain't farming that wyrm literally thousands of times for your arcanes.
  • Everything is bugged. Game breaking bugs aside (how does getting stuck in between round 3 and 4 of the circuit 100% of the time get overlooked by QA? Do you have literally zero testing?), there isn't really much of anything that doesn't have bugs. Like, even half of the Incarnon evolutions either don't work, or partially work.
  • Terrible balancing as we've come to expect of Warframe. Incarnon weapons are not equal, making players feel bad for picking the objectively aweful choices, excarvators getting oneshot (and previously defense objectives too).
  • Core Warframe continues to be neglected. Companions are still broken, melee is broken, elements are broken, lot's of warframe abilities are broken, we need more mission types, old missions (spy) need overhauls and variation, the bugs are still piling up, etc.
Edited by Traumtulpe
  • Like 1

Honestly... the only good thing out of Duviri is the potential for the Decrees and Incarnons.

I dislike almost everything else:

• The story is convoluted and extremely unnecessary to explain an older operator. If you really have to force your story to be a paradox in order to explain something, it's badly written. If your story is deliberately involved in the creation of that paradox and how it affects the world, with then an actual resolution to resolving said paradox lest things just.... break (think DCs Flashpoint Paradox), it's good. Duviri doesn't do this.
  • The story also takes place part way through New War, which, for new players, is going to cause EVEN MORE confusion, as now, all the previous quests, such as Sacrifice, Natah, War within etc., are all going to be out of order with how the universe originally gets presented to them
  • The monochrome mixed with colour thing is interesting at first, and then just becomes painful after a while. A mate of mine has remarked numerous times how playing in duviri causes him a lot of pain and enduces headaches.
  • The drifter mechanics leave a bit to be desired. It forcably equips your melee whenever you use it, so you're pistol is no longer able to rapid fire or manually reload easily. This is completely contrary to the rest of the game and doesn't translate well. Instead you get a Z targetting system which can be a bit disorientating due to the enemy animations. Not only that, the animations for melee are slow and can only ever be interuppted by either taking damage that staggers you, dying, or rolling. You need to do a perfect parry but had no long window to really know you'd need to do it so you're stuck in this ubsurdly long melee animation? Too bad, no blocking for you.
  • The resource gathering is HORRENDOUS! I can't state enough how DE clearly have NOT learned from previous open world mistakes when it comes to resources. You get drops ranging from 1-5ish and many things you can ONLY get from the plants, not from other challenges or doing circuit. It's very very bad.
  • Speaking of circuit... it does have potential, but it feels horribly half baked atm. Being unable to mod there and then when we select our equipment, feels bad. Requiring going out of the area, through loading screens, just to sort a build that might be old or experimental, isn't a good solution.
  • The reward progression of Circuit is horrible, and doesn't promote actually staying for long periods of time. If you do the first wave, you'll get the exact same amount of progression as you will at wave 30. That feels bad if you're working hard to keep the defense objective alive and get tippence for it.
  • Going past T10 in circuit is also... kinda meh. It takes insanely long to do, for the chance for arcanes that we have easier to obtain alternatives for, or.... 5k credits or 1k endo? Seriously? It really feels like DE are mocking players who go past T10 with 5K credits or 1k Endo in STEEL PATH ENDLESS RUNS.
  • Speaking of the defense objective, the health scaling of defense objectives and extractors does not correlate to the enemys. At higher waves, they will die in 1-5 hits, which fails your whole run, and you lose literally everything.
  • Decrees, while having potential, make much of the Circuit and Duviri, even in steel path, comically easy. A half decent amp with some arcanes and you'll absolutely destroy everything without any effort.
  • Speaking of steel path, there is nearly no reason to do Duviri in steel path other than Circuit for incarnons. No extra materials, no extra exp, just a few more intrinsics (which you'll get plenty of in Circuit), 5 Steel essence and 5 pathos clamps.... big woopy doo....

All in all, I could easily have done without Duviri being in the game... While incarnons bring life to some otherwise unused weapons, the method for getting them and the resources required to make them, is horrible...

Duviri strikes me as a "test" for soulframe, and not much more. I honestly avoid touching it whenever I can.

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

The circuit (the mission itself, excluding everything around it) is also rather enjoyable. It could use better balancing, more mission variety, anything technically new at all, but it certainly is better than playing the same type of mission over and over.

I really like the level progression and the format where it changes over to new missions without reloading. It has become kind of boring for me after trying to get some extra arcanes so I want to take a break for a bit, but it has some things that are nice. A mode that uses this kind of design but has random factions in it, more modes with "failure states" and a design that pushes you to go as far as possible would be something I'd really like to try playing! I wonder if the game engine can do random factions, like one mission you're doing Narmer - Sentient and then the next you get Infested - Corpus?!

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Core Warframe continues to be neglected. Companions are still broken, melee is broken, elements are broken, lot's of warframe abilities are broken, we need more mission types, old missions (spy) need overhauls and variation, the bugs are still piling up, etc.

I really hope we are headed towards addressing some of this with the next update they are working on. The last year felt.. Empty.. And bugs piled up.. I know it was because they were busy working on this, but I agree. I really want moonwalking fixed, pets to get taken care of, etc.. The game would benefit a lot from taking care of some rotten stuff..

• Like 1

Warframe is Dishonored + Shadow of the Colossus.
Come to think of it, Dishonored 2 had a fancy mechanic of decay/pristine environment as you jump through the void. This is what I expected in Duviri Update. Perhaps the lost islands will feature puzzles similar to those of Lua? The Spy mission has these mechanics.

18 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Going past T10 in circuit is also... kinda meh. It takes insanely long to do, for the chance for arcanes that we have easier to obtain alternatives for, or.... 5k credits or 1k endo? Seriously? It really feels like DE are mocking players who go past T10 with 5K credits or 1k Endo in STEEL PATH ENDLESS RUNS.

There are some meh rewards in this game, then there are some where they're like nice the first time you get them, then you sigh every time afterwards..

Then there's this. It's actually so bad that it makes me stop playing. It's extremely disproportionate and it feels kind of insulting to get.

Something evergreen that players want like some steel essence for playing the steel path mode, in a reasonable amount, not so much that it makes this the new default farming mode for that resource would be nice but enough that your consolation prize feels okay and not an insult would be nice.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

The circuit (the mission itself, excluding everything around it) is also rather enjoyable. It could use better balancing, more mission variety, anything technically new at all, but it certainly is better than playing the same type of mission over and over.

I'm not sure I agree there. At least when playing the same mission type over and over again, I get to choose WHICH mission type it is. I don't like Defence and avoid playing it whenever possible. The Circuit requires me to play it. I also normally get to choose what equipment I bring. That's not the case in the Circuit. A lot of the time, I end up using guns that I simply don't like, not to mention Warframes I don't enjoy. Not to mention the whole awful Rogue Like aspect to it.

I'd personally rather play legacy missions over the Circuit. I wouldn't touch the thing with a 10-foot pole if it weren't for the Incarnon rewards.

5 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

There are some meh rewards in this game, then there are some where they're like nice the first time you get them, then you sigh every time afterwards..

Then there's this. It's actually so bad that it makes me stop playing. It's extremely disproportionate and it feels kind of insulting to get.

Something evergreen that players want like some steel essence for playing the steel path mode, in a reasonable amount, not so much that it makes this the new default farming mode for that resource would be nice but enough that your consolation prize feels okay and not an insult would be nice.

Agreed sp circuit is great and would love a reason to keep playing it after R10. Right now it just isn't worth it. Hands down the best part of the update.

8 hours ago, Steel_Rook said:

I'm not sure I agree there. At least when playing the same mission type over and over again, I get to choose WHICH mission type it is. I don't like Defence and avoid playing it whenever possible. The Circuit requires me to play it. I also normally get to choose what equipment I bring. That's not the case in the Circuit. A lot of the time, I end up using guns that I simply don't like, not to mention Warframes I don't enjoy. Not to mention the whole awful Rogue Like aspect to it.

I'd personally rather play legacy missions over the Circuit. I wouldn't touch the thing with a 10-foot pole if it weren't for the Incarnon rewards.

It's funny what DE created with this mode but the game boils down to just 4 mission modes which are run, defend, survive, kill. the squad only needs to prepare by properly choosing one of the four roles above and make the rest of the squad wait for the next round.

Run/Void Flood: Titania; Volt; Loki...
Defend/Kill: Khora; Protea; Mesa; Weapons...
Survive/Endurance: Oberon; Trinity; Weapons...
Kill/Exterminate: Mesa; Mag; Protea; Weapons....

11 hours ago, cute_moth.npc said:

100%. What's really unfortunate is how many people have this same sort of answer. Lots of times you get feedback where people share general feelings and thoughts, but it's spread out. With the issues of Duviri, you can basically make a short bulleted list and it covers everyone's negative feedback.

Edited by Voltage
  • Like 1