Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please make skins work on the INCARNON FORM.

SprinKah

it's a shame that skins aren't applied to the incarnon form, I bought the Duviri Sword/Shield skin and I would really like to use it on my Ack and Brunt's INCARNON FORM. But it just overrides the base form's skin, even the Nightwatch Ack and Brunt skin which is basically the base model with different texture doesn't work, but that's not surprising. 

I can't imagine it'd be a hard thing to implement, right? I won't even mind if the "void fractals" that's attached onto the weapons in incarnon form looks weird on skins, it shouldn't look too horrible I think. 

OR, just replace the model entirely, no need to care about the "void fractals" when using skins, I wouldn't even mind that. Just replace the model entirely, don't even care if the mechanics don't feel too "added up", we just wanna use our skins in the form that the weapons are most likely gonna be in 90% of the time. 

Edited by SprinKah
  • Like 10

Same, spent 225 plat on that equinox bundle for that skin for ack and brunt and i also posted about this. Good news is alot of people are posting about this stuff both here so im sure its at least DE has been made aware. Hopefully theyll come out with something soon about it

• Like 4

On 2023-05-28 at 6:25 PM, (NSW)BIGFO0T said:

Same, spent 225 plat on that equinox bundle for that skin for ack and brunt and i also posted about this. Good news is alot of people are posting about this stuff both here so im sure its at least DE has been made aware. Hopefully theyll come out with something soon about it

yep, I sure hope they'll do something about that. They're not incarnons like Phenmor or Laetum with entirely new incarnon form models, hope they'll get it working around. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, SprinKah said:

yep, I sure hope they'll do something about that. They're not incarnons like Phenmor or Laetum with entirely new incarnon form models, hope they'll get it working around. 

Exactly. I get it for the incarnon weapons but for genesis it makes no sense outside of a bug, an oversight or laziness

1 hour ago, (NSW)BIGFO0T said:

Exactly. I get it for the incarnon weapons but for genesis it makes no sense outside of a bug, an oversight or laziness

hell, some incarnons didn't even work properly on release, so I'd say they simply didn't have time to get to making the "incarnon void fractals" apply on all skins or something.

I mean, I know different variants of weapons have different "incarnon void fractal" designs, like the Soma/Soma Prime but MAN, I wouldn't even mind it doesn't entirely match onto the skins, wonder why they didn't simply make the "void fractals" simply pasted onto the weapon/skin when activated. 

5 hours ago, SprinKah said:

hell, some incarnons didn't even work properly on release, so I'd say they simply didn't have time to get to making the "incarnon void fractals" apply on all skins or something.

I mean, I know different variants of weapons have different "incarnon void fractal" designs, like the Soma/Soma Prime but MAN, I wouldn't even mind it doesn't entirely match onto the skins, wonder why they didn't simply make the "void fractals" simply pasted onto the weapon/skin when activated. 

I simply do not care about the void fractals. I just want my skin to work, even if that comes at the expense of void fractals

• Like 3

8 hours ago, SprinKah said:

Yeah. I mean, imagine being one of the players that wasted enough hours of the conclave to get a conclave skin for the weapon you like, eventually play pve again and you can't even use it half of the time. What a slap in the face.

47 minutes ago, (XBOX)Exoni Prime said:

Yeah. I mean, imagine being one of the players that wasted enough hours of the conclave to get a conclave skin for the weapon you like, eventually play pve again and you can't even use it half of the time. What a slap in the face.

Yeah there are countless scenarios i cant even imagine where this would really invalidate the players time/effort/money

• Like 1

8 hours ago, (NSW)BIGFO0T said:

I simply do not care about the void fractals. I just want my skin to work, even if that comes at the expense of void fractals

honestly, fr, if they discard the void fractals in incarnon form when you use the skins, I'd not mind it as well. that'd be a much easier solution as well, just a straight model change, how hard can that be

Edited by SprinKah

On 2023-05-30 at 11:50 PM, SprinKah said:

honestly, fr, if they discard the void fractals in incarnon form when you use the skins, I'd not mind it as well. that'd be a much easier solution as well, just a straight model change, how hard can that be

Yeah its what ive been suggesting everywhere i can if you check my post history. Asking for void fractals for every from DE skin would take a miracle of universal coding that other studios could figure out but likely not DE as history show, so its more likely theyd do it manually skin by skin which would probably take a year or more. Skins overriding fractals is the best solution imo

When the original Incarnon weapons were released, we could use skins on them. I had the Protocol Tekna skin on Laetum and once transformed, the skin would remain applied. No void effects or anything of course and the projectile point of origin was slightly misplaced but it worked.

I'm ok with having skins applied for Incarnon Genesis weapons as well even if it means losing the void details once transformed.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Sentiel said:

When the original Incarnon weapons were released, we could use skins on them. I had the Protocol Tekna skin on Laetum and once transformed, the skin would remain applied. No void effects or anything of course and the projectile point of origin was slightly misplaced but it worked.

I'm ok with having skins applied for Incarnon Genesis weapons as well even if it means losing the void details once transformed.

wasn't the Protocol skins only released like last nightwave tho?

At this point, I just want some kind of...weapon TRANSMOG system, so that weapons can use the appearance of other weapons in their category. I really like my Kuva Stubbas, especially its looks, but now that we got Dual Toxocysts, it feels like there's not a lot of reason to take older dual automatic pistols anymore....at least with a transmog system, I can FEEL like using the Kuva Stubbas xD

Edited by SprinKah

On 2023-06-02 at 4:38 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

I wouldn't expect skins that drastically change the shape of a weapon to work. Oscira Universal Rifle Skin on Incarnon Braton for example.

But I would really like all the Braton-Specific Skins that only change its colors and texture, to work.

I don't see why not though, I mean...they can just separate the Incarnon form's "void fractals" as a separate model/mesh, and basically just paste onto the weapon/skin when activated. Unlike the original incarnons, these incarnon genesis weapons don't have a entirely unique incarnon form model, so it shouldn't be an issue with that.

I wouldn't even care if the "void fractals" don't fit perfectly onto the skin, it's whatever honestly. Hell I don't even mind if we don't get the void fractals. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the Valkyr Carnivex bundle when it came out [275 plat] - Never had use for the fist weapon skin [Dreyric Fist Skin]. Love Liger's work btw, amazing designs.

Got my Furax Wraith - Got the Incarnon adapter this week - Put the skin on my Furax Wraith. Hit 6x multiplier, hit strong attack, Instant disappointment.

Either I was gonna see all the Incarnon stylings clip through my fists or they just weren't going to appear. I never, not for a second thought they'd opt to revert the skin on transformation.
To echo the sentiments of some of the other posters here... This is bad. I want my skins appearance, otherwise what's the point in owning skins. Purchasing skins. It's a lot of work to constantly update their code so they work in all content as we move forward I guess, but equally we all paid good money for our skins. I'd just be happy to hear what DE have to say about all this.

Edited by 2wentyThre3

• 7 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Skin should replace the gun and incarnon void fractals should remain visible. If it looks weird or wonky that’s fine but it’s obnoxious when I color a pistol skin a certain way and then the Dual Toxocyst beneath looks cartoonish when it’s transformed.

• 1 month later...
On 2024-02-02 at 10:47 PM, -CRONO- said:

Almost one year later, and this is still something a lot of us want. :lotus:

I'm still hoping for a day when my ceramic dagger will stop turning from Nezha's cool dagger to a damn plastic toy when transformed (which is like 90% of the time).

• Like 1

I recently bought the Grineer-themed Tennogen dagger skin for my Valkyr Graxx's Ceramic Dagger, went into a mission, activated its Incarnon form and realized that skins don't apply to those.

Toggle, pretty please ?