Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What about plants for all the plant pots we already have?

PublikDomain

1 hour ago, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Well imagine if you grew grapes, you'd have raisins too! Lol
A desert you say, well at least it's a dry heat, so there's that!

Good Chats!

For real though I grew some little tiny cherry tomatoes from seed last season. I dehydrated them in the oven and turned them into little tomato raisins, they were awesome preserved in salt. There's zero chance anyone would ever grow them commercially but they were so cool. The ones on the left are regular cherry tomatoes you'd see at the store, and the ones on the right are the little tiny ones:

Spoiler

ytRE35X.jpg

Pain in the ass to pick but kind of awesome and I might grow them again.

Edit: checked my seed box and it's Burpee's Red Currant variety. It's a little off topic aside from showing how much I want some plants ingame, but I really can't recommend gardening enough. If you have the space it's such a rewarding little hobby, and you don't even need to get that involved. Aside from covering my gardens when it frosts I do basically nothing and get so many wonderful things in return.

Getting back on topic, uh, something something Dirtwyrm.

Edited by PublikDomain

I have a house with a fair amount of greenery and I have tried to grow many things from squash to cantaloupe and usually end up with 1 small fruit or zucchini for all my efforts so I just gave up and decided gardening isn't my calling.  I'm sure it has something to do with lack of water and proper nutrients but I like to think its just natures way of saying, Just go to the store already!  I can grow flowers though which sort of makes up for it, just not as tasty as those delicious tomatoes you so taunt me with! Ugh!  Thanks for sharing your gardening fun with me/us, it's a nice break from the poor sad, lonely pots that languish in our campsites and orbiters!

Good Chats!

• Like 1

Day 34 of not having plants for the plant gods.

XXKtI9l.jpg

Uhh, how about some amateur gardening tips? At least until I find more plant pots in the Circuit.

Publik's Sage Advice #1: Grow plants that are easy to grow.
I've found the most success with leafy greens, and with tomatoes. I do basically nothing after they're planted and they produce far more than I can eat. If you're having trouble growing something, try growing something else!

Day 35 or whatever, not in the mood.

JYKKeoC.png

I really wanted that artbook.

• Like 1

Day 36: getting hard to fit it all into one image...

VBEcRL5.png

On 2023-08-31 at 7:13 AM, Stafelund said:

Dirtwyrm Hydra, the Dreadful Scourge of the Dirt

I want to edit that over some video of the Dirtwyrm but it'd probably be copystriked :/

Day 37:

Jmjwry8.png

Continuing the list of plant pots we poors aren't allowed to have, here's an odd split pot shoved together:

ixnDFag.png

Someone likes the Mirror modifier! 👀

Day 38:

QFovYi5.png

Look at all that dirt.

Here's a long plant pot we're not allowed to have:

n8XlZ1R.png

Day 39 of not having any plants to put in all these plant pots:

dZR14JZ.jpg

But that's not important. What is important is this:

pQSf2BS.png

It's... beautiful! 😭

A two-tiered vertical planter. Just magnificent.

Day 40, the big 4-0:

Y3eEp9y.png

I have an extra special plant pot to share, but I'm going to save it. Instead:

Publik's Sage Advice #2: Raised bed gardens are wonderful! They keep the weeds out and your plants in. Raised bed gardens can be easily build out of wood without needing too many tools. Most home improvement stores will cut your boards down to the right length for free. You can also buy one of those big stainless steel troughs from Home Depot or whatever, and I've heard those work pretty well. If you go with wood, avoid pressure-treated lumber and prefer naturally rot-resistant woods like cedar. It'll look nicer and won't leech stuff into your soil.

41 days of having no frens to put in all these fren pots:

6ZKnyk0.jpg

Here's a cool round fren pot:

TV2m1yA.png

But wait... why is it so high up...?

Day 42 of not having plants to plant in the plant pots.

O15kGLO.png

My reserves of plant pots remain steady.

• Like 7

Dude, calm your self down already, alright? Do you really think with all the buggy mess and other stuff in WF there is, your issue is even in top 50% priority list?

DE read the feedback topics. I think they usually choose the one to fix next which has many replies in it from different players. Your spamming here does nothing valuable.

The only actual thing you do - unnessecarily bumping the topic and taking away the space from the first page of this subforum which could use another player's issue.

Day 43: no stops till victory!

TBdzUJa.png

The Drifter camp has a build ceiling that's surprisingly low. I will cover that ceiling and use it to shade my shadow plants.

On 2023-09-07 at 6:42 PM, bl1te said:

Dude, calm your self down already, alright? Do you really think with all the buggy mess and other stuff in WF there is, your issue is even in top 50% priority list?

DE read the feedback topics. I think they usually choose the one to fix next which has many replies in it from different players. Your spamming here does nothing valuable.

The only actual thing you do - unnessecarily bumping the topic and taking away the space from the first page of this subforum which could use another player's issue.

Yes, this is easily top 50% on my priority list. 🌿

Also this is the feedback subforum, not the bugs subforum. If you want to report a bug to be fixed or otherwise raise awareness you should probably look there.

On 2023-09-07 at 12:05 PM, (XBOX)sinamanthediva said:

Why are there Sparks flying out of them too? I want Sparkler Succulents in my pots!

It's in the out of bounds area so it's getting zapped because... uh... 🤷‍♀️

Orbiter VFX like we have in Dojos would be pretty cool though. I have one of the old Conclave decorations shoved up in my Arsenal so it throws off sparks but that's kind of all we've got.

Day 44 and Day 45: I was busy.

iKNp83K.png

Looks kinda like a... spider...? Nah, can't be, I'm sure it's nothing...

Anyways, about this cool fren pot:

On 2023-09-01 at 2:50 AM, PublikDomain said:

Here's a cool round fren pot:

TV2m1yA.png

But wait... why is it so high up...?

Yeah, why was it so high up?

Spoiler

nAARZvp.png

brachiosaurus-jurassic-park.gif

I can understand why we don't have this one as an Orbiter decoration!

Day 46 of DE selling plant pots and then forgetting to sell plants to put in them:

cJBhk1L.png

An oft-unseen view of my now 46 plant pots filled with nothing but dirt (and one Eidolon).

Day 47: Yeah, WE WANT PLANTS!

ZMmgLxF.png

On 2023-09-10 at 6:13 PM, Emwue said:

Pretty sure it was because they originally planned for the gardening to be a much more complex system than the current "when you are in Teshin's cave, pick 4 kovnik and forget about it for next few weeks afterwards", that we have now - still, if they sold us pots before fully committing to a system, the least they could do now is to give us some decorative plants to put in them. :)

On 2023-09-10 at 9:46 PM, BowserNC said:

WE WANT PLANTS! Where is our promised gardening system? Oh the one in Teshin's cave? That's gotta be a joke...

A full gardening system would be pretty cool, and I'm being perfectly serious when I say that a cooking system would be cool too. Just a little daily activity that gives small rewards, something on the level of Extractors. We've got lots of friends in the Sol System, wouldn't it be nice to cook for them? And a pet rework is quick on the horizon, wouldn't it be cool to do something with the Loyalty system? Maybe they'd all like some snacks? Maybe cooking for Kahl and his camp gets you a few Stock once a day? Maybe cooking for Fortuna gets you some Debt Bonds? Maybe cooking for your pets gives you new interaction options? Maybe hungry Kavats meow incessantly at you for treats like my fatS#&$ tub-tub of a cat is doing now?

Decorative plants works too.

Day 48, and I have invented time travel. Watch me quote-reply people who haven't even posted yet! Oooo.

1Ub4Arb.png

It's about time to start some seedlings for this upcoming season.

49 days, not since these pots were added, just of asking for something to put in these pots.

cTPufHe.png

Like these:

UT4TGkk.png

Wait, wrong game...

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

DE selling plant pots and then forgetting to sell plants to put in them

Pretty sure it was because they originally planned for the gardening to be a much more complex system than the current "when you are in Teshin's cave, pick 4 kovnik and forget about it for next few weeks afterwards", that we have now - still, if they sold us pots before fully committing to a system, the least they could do now is to give us some decorative plants to put in them. :)

• Like 3

50 days, can you believe it? Of having nothing to put in these 50 plant pots:

T9r9FlO.png

Day 51 of whatever the heck this is...

dD2v5ww.png

I'll even be nice to whatever mod keeps merging posts and edit pics in.

Day 52 of having no plants for the plant pots:

oCLXSxM.png

I'll just grow my own plants then:

EHZvczZ.jpg

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

Day 53: there's nothing to put in all these plant pots, but now there's most of a plant pot spider I guess.

yv6BU5a.png

And I lied. I'll only bump on Sundays. Sundays are for the plants! 🌱🌱🌱

Your camp is looking more like "Sanford and Son" everyday without the beauty of plants in your pots to enhance the view.  Sigh....one must never give up hope...Christmas is coming up so maybe Santa Lotus will bring us some plant joy!  We don't want a Grineer Grinch Christmas with no plants for our pots!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

Day 53: there's nothing to put in all these plant pots, but now there's most of a plant pot spider I guess.

yv6BU5a.png

Even Ordis doesn't know what to say to this mess.

He's just staring at them.

With sad, empty eyes. Just like the sad, empty pots.

• Like 3

yv6BU5a.png

Anyways, getting back to it, Day 54 of whatever the heck this is:

Z7Naigc.png

On 2023-09-18 at 7:41 AM, CryoSheep said:

Even Ordis doesn't know what to say to this mess.

He's just staring at them.

With sad, empty eyes. Just like the sad, empty pots.

Terribly sad :(

Day 55 of this stupid thread getting tossed around by the mods:

7upwyIu.png

Day 56 of having no plants to put in the Duviri plant pots:

CNuwden.png

Day 57. I actually ran out of wide planters! I'll have to buy some more... No worries though, I have enough of the others on hand for another month!

1brrq2v.png

Day 58 of having lots of pot but no green:

G95aEst.png

Day 59 of having no plants to go with these plant pots:

7RL22nA.png

Got a special surprise for tomorrow!

Edited by PublikDomain
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, PublikDomain said:

yv6BU5a.png

Anyways, getting back to it, Day 54 of whatever the heck this is:

Z7Naigc.png

Terribly sad :(

You should name it Plantera 😆

• Like 2