Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I just want to know one thing about Kullervo.

While waiting for the foundary to finish building him, i just want to know one thing.

I don't care about him having weak survivability, at least he has one, and he reminds me of the old Banshee days, that i really miss.

but the one thing is, is the Teleport good for mobility? i have already inverted his tap hold options so i can teleport with a simple tap, but i wonder if it's fast and smooth.

I wonder if it goes as far as the modded range while in air, or do you have to have a platform or wall to place the teleport marker on?

The teleport only really outclasses regular mobility when you are in a very large area, otherwise it's only used for the buff. It's possible that I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that you can teleport mid air.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

but the one thing is, is the Teleport good for mobility? i have already inverted his tap hold options so i can teleport with a simple tap, but i wonder if it's fast and smooth.

Currently it's bugged:

So it's not the best for mobility. It's nice (if not stuck on some door) to teleport into air and do some stufffs (slam melee attack or hover & shoot). but otherwise speed things (e.g. Helminth infseted mobility), flying abilities (Titania/4, Wukong/2) etc are better for mobility.

17 minutes ago, Mazifet said:

It's possible that I'm wrong, but I'm quite sure that you can teleport mid air.

Yes, you can teleport from mid air or even from wall latch (I don't know if arcane/mod from latching applies).

16 minutes ago, quxier said:

Currently it's bugged:

So it's not the best for mobility. It's nice (if not stuck on some door) to teleport into air and do some stufffs (slam melee attack or hover & shoot). but otherwise speed things (e.g. Helminth infseted mobility), flying abilities (Titania/4, Wukong/2) etc are better for mobility.

Yes, you can teleport from mid air or even from wall latch (I don't know if arcane/mod from latching applies).

Sooo are these getting fixed?

It was the skill I replaced on him. The teleport itself is fun and the skill can be nice if you wanna build a heavy attack build, however the whole kit already destroys Steel Path like there is no tomorrow with a 200% strength build, Umbra mods, capped efficiency and 175% range. I just cant find a good moment to stop to use a heavy attack teleport since guns or a exodia contagion attack just does it quicker together with his curse.

Breach Surge + Curse along with his other skills and weapons just turns into a devastating combo. Heck, his curse even allows for great use of Aquablades in Steel Path, even versus armor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It was the skill I replaced on him. The teleport itself is fun and the skill can be nice if you wanna build a heavy attack build, however the whole kit already destroys Steel Path like there is no tomorrow with a 200% strength build, Umbra mods, capped efficiency and 175% range. I just cant find a good moment to stop to use a heavy attack teleport since guns or a exodia contagion attack just does it quicker together with his curse.

Breach Surge + Curse along with his other skills and weapons just turns into a devastating combo. Heck, his curse even allows for great use of Aquablades in Steel Path, even versus armor.

You do know that the crit buff is additive right ?

And it works even on regular attacks , pair that with his passive heavy efficiency and a decent melee weapon and it's red crit Tuesday. You can completely ignore crit chance mods if you want.

I am waiting for my ceramic dagger to bugger it even more.

As to the main topic , it's quick for repositioning  , but i think there are better tools if you wanna get from a to b very fast.

Edited by 0_The_F00l

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You replaced the most powerful melee damage buff in the game?

I hated Helminth before, but now I am really convinced it's ruining players' choice.

5 hours ago, quxier said:

I dont' think so. I've yet to log in today.

I tried it today!

It's definitely better than Nova's wormhole to me!...it's instant, and doesn't need casting time, it's above average base range is better than wormhole's high range to me, because that means there is a lower chance i might phase through the map...and that i'll actually land where i want.

True, i have noticed some weird casting issues mid air, or after teleportation, sometimes the ability is not ready, other times it will activate but it won't teleport just blink me at the same place.

Now I wish there is no casting delay between teleports, at least in the mobility version of the ability, this has the potential to be yet another ability faster than Gauss' mach rush lol

all in all, I really like Kullervo! all of his skill are good except his 4, just because it looks like a basic aoe fourth ability, so i'll probably helminth this out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

You do know that the crit buff is additive right ?

And it works even on regular attacks , pair that with his passive heavy efficiency and a decent melee weapon and it's red crit Tuesday. You can completely ignore crit chance mods if you want.

I am waiting for my ceramic dagger to bugger it even more.

As to the main topic , it's quick for repositioning  , but i think there are better tools if you wanna get from a to b very fast.

Oh I'm fully aware of that, it isnt like I didnt play him with the full kit to start with. In the end it is still just melee and that is something I dont intend on playing with Kullervo. I do however have big plans to use his skill on Valkyr, Excal and maybe Baruuk.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

You replaced the most powerful melee damage buff in the game?

I hated Helminth before, but now I am really convinced it's ruining players' choice.

Ruining player choices when it gives us more choices than the pre-molded playstyle a frame arrives with? I would likely not have played Kullervo aside from mastery fodder if we didnt have Helminth access, since I dont have any urge to play melee with him. But thanks to Helminth he's an insane mass killing gun platform with some serious damage output from skills aswell, along with reliable health sustain. 

30 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

all in all, I really like Kullervo! all of his skill are good except his 4, just because it looks like a basic aoe fourth ability, so i'll probably helminth this out.

If you plan on playing him as melee there isnt much to replace in his kit, since no matter what you do you will wreck everything aslong as you curse (which you should. His #4 stacks up quickly in dense content since each enemy cursed will hit another enemy that is cursed, which will also apply slash status from his #4 due to their synergy. And you get +2 combo every seconds, since the skill inflicts damage each 0.5 seconds.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

WELL, it's offtopic but let me tell you this. 4th is good for gaining combos if you have lots of enemies (e.g. SP). Try putting 20 enemies in Simulacrum and see how fast you can get combo.

11 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I'm still getting used to it, but I already like it a lot.   I think once I'm comfortable with it it'll be great.  It needs range obviously, but most builds will be going for range anyway.

(Sidenote: I'm not a Nyx person, but it makes me think about reconsidering that. Sorry Twin Basolk.)

11 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

I wonder if it goes as far as the modded range while in air, or do you have to have a platform or wall to place the teleport marker on?

It will cast out to range in the air.

One little thing:  in the ability hints it says that casting it will refresh double jump.  Right now it only refreshes one jump.  If that gets fixed, it'll be 9% cooler than it is already.

Don’t invert his mobility. I thought the straight teleport was going to be great, but I just slam into walls, so still need to get used to it. If you like melee, just spam his 1 with the heavy attack being done for you and it’s fantastic. I used Hirudo to get up and personal and it’s a lot of fun destroying pretty much anything. Learning the rest of his kit slowly and so far and it’s really good. I replaced his 2 with Tharros Strike since it felt weak.

I wish his teleport was his 2 since that’s easier to spam on my keyboard which I mapped to the Caps Lock key for all other frames. I guess I’ll just have to pay attention and remap when I play him.