Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mags 3rd Missing 'Defense Reduction' Stat.

-CM-GoodDodge

As an avid user of Mag I've noticed that her 3rd is missing the Stat called 'Defense Reduction'. I believe it happened when Styanax was introduced because before that she had a stat for it and now it's missing,  it's also very weak if not even working at all.

I recall being able to armor strip in 1-2 casts of her 3rd, at any level enemy, and now it's just not even doing it anymore. Also, with an ability that goes out like a Nova's 4th, it seems to have LoS, which is weird, you'd think a similar bubble expanding ability would be all reaching in a radius.

Anyway, attached are the two abilities with very similar wording as to what they do with Mag's missing a Stat and Styanax having that missing Stat.

12AoCDQH9TcdNOdSHUDUymro5?token=eyJhbGciytWc84kRYLtL8jjszKCkl3oLD?token=eyJhbGci

The defence reduction from polarize is equal to the damage it deals. So here in your example it removes either 820 shield flat or 820 armor flat depending what the target has. But yeah it could definitely be clearer in the UI.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, -CM-GoodDodge said:

3rd is missing the Stat called 'Defense Reduction'

I might be misremembering, but I don't remember it ever being called that. The "damage" value listed is the amount that is stripped of enemy shields or armor, and also the amount of shields restored to allies (they all use the same numbers and are affected by ability strength). The wiki says it was changed from % to fixed damage on U18.13, in 2016, so since then it doesn't quite scale to higher levels and it takes a lot more casts to remove shields and/or armor. I guess they made that change because it's a huge spreading radius, but honestly they could've just reduced the % scaling or made it based on targets or something.

2 minutes ago, Naroxas44 said:

I might be misremembering, but I don't remember it ever being called that. The "damage" value listed is the amount that is stripped of enemy shields or armor, and also the amount of shields restored to allies (they all use the same numbers and are affected by ability strength). The wiki says it was changed from % to fixed damage on U18.13, in 2016, so since then it doesn't quite scale to higher levels and it takes a lot more casts to remove shields and/or armor. I guess they made that change because it's a huge spreading radius, but honestly they could've just reduced the % scaling or made it based on targets or something.

back in 2016 they nerfed Mag because the damage was also scaling based on that same defense reduction % and it was just destroying the whole map by pressing 3 especially corpus.

And now with the crush able to strip properly with the augment anyways stripping is not an issue with Mag.

1 hour ago, -CM-GoodDodge said:

with an ability that goes out like a Nova's 4th, it seems to have LoS

It doesn't on my end, is all I can tell you.

Are you maybe mixing things up with Hildryn / Pillage somehow?

Because that ability is a LoS as well as %-based defense removal, Polarize is neither.

Mag`s third ability use to snap almost any level and the higher the level the bigger damage she dealt because of amount of armor and shields and not DE just took that away and she doesnt even strip armor or shields properly it works like 10% of the time, ive only noticed shields but armor? nah they walk it off, her third ability is completley usless now

il y a 51 minutes, SanderRandorm123 a dit :

and she doesnt even strip armor or shields properly

There is an old bug that prevents Polarize to strip armor from more than one enemy if they are touched by the ability at the same time.

I hope this will be fixed some day.

Edit : I've found the old video I've made a long time ago to report this bug.

Edited by (NSW)AegisFifi
  • Like 1

Yeah, it’s honestly in your best interest to not think of her 3 as any kind of defense reduction.

It deals damage directly to defences, which is unique and was important before the change to Armour reduction functions.

Since the change to Armour strip functions, if you want to do that, use her 4.

You can consider her 3 more as a Gating tool and as CC with the Augment. You can even Helminth it off for something different now that Pull is a better CC ^^

6 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Doesnt pulse make enemies take more damage for a short duration?  AKA  Duration/Damage Multiplier stat ?? 

Nope, that's a synergy thing, the (direct) target of Magnetize takes increased damage from Polarize.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Mag/Abilities

If an armored enemy is the target of Magnetize, the damage is multiplied by 200%. This does not affect enemies inside Magnetize that are not target of a cast.

• Damage multiplier is affected by Ability Strength.

22 hours ago, (PSN)AbBaNdOn_ said:

Doesnt pulse make enemies take more damage for a short duration?  AKA  Duration/Damage Multiplier stat ?? 

So the Damage Multiplier increases the base damage of the Shards you create with the ability. That's all it really is.

Now, this is actually not bad synergy. It gives the base frame the necessary tools to actually kill quite a high level of enemies without needing weapons, as long as you have the armour strip from her 4th Augment. Grouping, creating Shards, stripping all armour, Magnetise, let the Shards deal the damage to the un-armoured enemies.

That does do a surprising amount of damage when you combo it.

Not as much as simply using a weapon, of course, but it's something she didn't have before.