Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Chat window keeps moving when joining any mission as client

SteveCutler

This bug is effecting me on PC and possibly is happening on other platforms but I personally do not know.

with that out of the way i should say its not game breaking but is starting to annoy me excessively 

Details:    Seemingly at random the chat box centers its self vertically on my screen and I am constantly moving it back down to the bottom left corner so its not blocking my view

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Syntactycal82 said:

Might be related to dlss setting. Started happening after I enabled it.

Unfortunately it's been happening for a few weeks now, not related to this setting I don't think (I have it disabled and it still happens randomly) or the recent patch. 

Weirdly, since Echoes of Duviri dropped I have stopped getting this issue, or at least, if it's moving it's now moving to the bottom left which is where I want chat to be anyway. Seems like a lot of other folks are still having the issue though, yeah.

Same here but you know what the most annoying part about this is? It's not the first time this specific bug has appeared. This bug, for some magical reason, always reappears in every large-ish content update and tends to get "fixed" by doing what I presume is another band-aid fix just for this same bug to appear the next update.

• Like 1

I'm still having this happen as well, though it's difficult to reproduce consistently.

I did notice that it happens during the mission load; the screen will sometimes flicker, and based on the video that @IRONLASER provided (slowing it down frame by frame at 0:12), I believe it's changing either UI scale or resolutions during loads (it goes from normal size to extremely small for a single frame).

PDDnsnj.png

It might have something to do with the game camera setting itself (CreateGameCamera: width=1920 height=1080 aspectRatio=1.77778 in my logs), but the chat gets moved to accommodate for the change, then it changes immediately back (but does not move the chat window to its prior location).

Would love to see this resolved soon, it's not game breaking but it's extremely annoying.

Same issue. Hotfix would be nice, this has been going on for a while. Using a 2560 x 1440 screen and RTX 2080 Super. Driver 531.79

Could this issue be related to client-side read/write issues that somehow reset certain UI elements to default? A chat window is somthing that updates constantly after all.

Edited by Decusatim
idea

To think this issue has existed for years without erasure is upsetting...

4k monitor so I always have to drag the chat box like 2/3 down to its normal position. It seems like it must be a scaling issue, but I don't know why it's affecting only the chat box.

On 2023-08-03 at 3:31 PM, ReLLiKMaster said:

Same here but you know what the most annoying part about this is? It's not the first time this specific bug has appeared. This bug, for some magical reason, always reappears in every large-ish content update and tends to get "fixed" by doing what I presume is another band-aid fix just for this same bug to appear the next update.

Strange I've never had this happen before up until now.

On 2023-07-29 at 7:17 PM, Naroxas44 said:

Unfortunately it's been happening for a few weeks now, not related to this setting I don't think (I have it disabled and it still happens randomly) or the recent patch. 

Oof :( Well either way... DE PLZ!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Warframe support - please fix this problem. As you can see this is affecting everyone playing on a PC who does anything other than solo play. I'm using an EVGA 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra with a 4k Samsung curved monitor at 3840x2160 via DisplayPort. After every non-solo mission the chat window is in the middle of the screen and I have to manually move it back down to the bottom left. Can't you just add a "lock position" option?