Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How I wish the Circuit game mode worked; promoting player choice

EdDiesel

1 hour ago, Felsagger said:

Well Ervin, there should be a trade for not having RNG in Duviri. Maybe that could be the no reward principle. It would be a 50/50. If I play for the sake of intrinsic, NO RNG, then I do not have the privilege of the reward. Or if I do play for the extrinsic then I do have to face the RNG and get the reward. It's a more "persuasive" way of accepting the challenge that Duviri offer. Once we know how it works then we plunge ourselves in that constraint. 

Seems like a sensible setup. Free to pick what you want to try different combinations, both for frames, weapons and instrinsics decrees, but with no reward, since the reward is that you can learn things.

👍

55 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Seems like a sensible setup. Free to pick what you want to try different combinations, both for frames, weapons and instrinsics decrees, but with no reward, since the reward is that you can learn things.

👍

Well if DE is that adamant giving us a new taste, why not let them. I think that a fair ground may start something that DE needs. If DE sees that our behavior is halved then having both options keeps more people happy. The people who were against it will end up playing the RNG and the people who favored will end up testing their heavy builds. 

DE wants us to plug in formas in our builds. We are going to do it anyway. So the better we feel Duviri then the better we accept the new mindset of DE on these things. At least some sort of middle ground for the transition would be appreciated. I played recently the Duviri with few players that where competent. The experience was good. Team composition of veterans makes a great difference in the game. 

This game depends a lot if you have a good set of friends that knows what they are doing. Warframe becomes something COMPLETELY different when your team is competent and cooperative pulling off all type of tricks the game has. 

The circuit of a lonely player who is competent of course is NOT the same as the circuit with a set of players that are "mentally connected" with each other doing the same task. Those are two different Warframe GAMES right there. 

On 2023-06-30 at 6:00 PM, Felsagger said:

If I want the game of chances, I play Pachinko.

Really? Because I play Warframe with its entire economy being RNG. Also, its a roguelike gamemode, the devs said as much. This is part of that experience.

On 2023-06-30 at 6:00 PM, Felsagger said:

The player takes control completely of the LOAD OUT entirely doing everything that includes Duviri. 

But then its just the same as every other part of warframe. You might as well drop the gamemode all together and just add the rewards to sancuary onslaught.

Plus half the point of the duviri stuff is that players who dont have all the weapons or warframes can have a chance to try them.

On 2023-06-30 at 2:38 PM, Slayer-. said:

I like that as well, I just wish DE didn't give me so many MR5 weapons doing the steel path circuit as I do know, but apart from that it's fun and makes a nice refreshing change to other content.

Yea ive had some trash tier picks. Usually i get at least a warframe or 1 good weapon, but sometimes you get crap. Though it does balance out where you can get a killer loadout.

The thing I think when i see people talking about removing the RNG is this: Whenever Ive managed to get a decent loadout, close, but not compleatly like something Id usually take to steel path, then its so easy I barely have to try.

I feel alot of people who dont like the RNG stuff dont play alot of roguelikes. The possibility of getting compleatly shafted is weirdly part of the fun.

I was lukewarm on the randomisation when Duviri launched, but it has absolutely won me over since. The decrees make a lot of stuff SP-viable, even with the weak default builds. Plus, focus schools are there too, so you're only one Unairu skill away from stripping a small area from shields/armour if need be. It did get me to rediscover plenty of weapons I had just ranked for MR, and dust-off some frames I don't typically bring to SP. Spent a good bit of time and forma afterwards playing with "new" toys or frame/weapon pairings (Yareli+Aegrit is a lot of fun) thanks to those runs forcing my hand in trying them out.

Take away the randomisation and Circuit becomes nothing more than a glorified ESO.

34 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Really? Because I play Warframe with its entire economy being RNG. Also, its a roguelike gamemode, the devs said as much. This is part of that experience.

But then its just the same as every other part of warframe. You might as well drop the gamemode all together and just add the rewards to sancuary onslaught.

Plus half the point of the duviri stuff is that players who dont have all the weapons or warframes can have a chance to try them.

This is an example of posting under the influence of alcohol. 

Read the board, next time. 

33 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Yea ive had some trash tier picks. Usually i get at least a warframe or 1 good weapon, but sometimes you get crap. Though it does balance out where you can get a killer loadout.

The thing I think when i see people talking about removing the RNG is this: Whenever Ive managed to get a decent loadout, close, but not compleatly like something Id usually take to steel path, then its so easy I barely have to try.

I feel alot of people who dont like the RNG stuff dont play alot of roguelikes. The possibility of getting compleatly shafted is weirdly part of the fun.

I don't mind if I can get something to help the team out, either a reasonable weapon and not one that just runs out of ammo after pissing off the enemies because it does bugga all damage to none.

Or at least a Warframe that can kill, then weapons don't bother me that much, I just find it frustrating to get the same MR5 ish trash most of the time, considering the huge amount of weapons I do own and use, to keep getting the same supposedly RNG roll choice. 

I'll still go in even if it's crappy RNG, if I can survive and maybe get some kills or even be defensive and in between all that the medic reviving others, there is 99% of the time someone with a great setup.

I've had a few awesome RNG rolls and been able to use everyone else as enemy distractions so to speak, while I just nuke the whole area of enemies I can see.

22 hours ago, Felsagger said:

This is an example of posting under the influence of alcohol. 

Seems unlikely because i dont drink.

22 hours ago, Felsagger said:

Read the board, next time. 

Maybe you should read what I wrote and not be so quick to make a snarky comment.

The post you're quoting, i wasnt replying to the OP, but to a different comment.

My original comment was that I enjoyed the compleate randomness of the Circuit, not wanting to add some messure for more control. The quoted post was replying to someone who was going on about how warframe wasnt a place for RNG.

So please dont assume you know the context of the post and read it properly.

22 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Or at least a Warframe that can kill, then weapons don't bother me that much, I just find it frustrating to get the same MR5 ish trash most of the time, considering the huge amount of weapons I do own and use, to keep getting the same supposedly RNG roll choice. 

TBH, i do find that weapons with incarnon adapters show up alot, even if I dont have the incarnons for them.

Though in the grand scheme I find I get a good veriety. Though for warframes I do see alot of repitition.

I'll still go in even if it's crappy RNG, if I can survive and maybe get some kills or even be defensive and in between all that the medic reviving others, there is 99% of the time someone with a great setup.

Oh absolutly. I like to try to make things work, though whats hurting me right now is loadouts for melee. I've never really sold any weapons, unless i got a better version (bratton sold when i got prime, ect) and never went back to alot of trashier weapons after the Crit chance mods were changed so you could only have one (normal or corrupted) so i often find ive got melee loadouts with a slot empty.

Hope they change it to allow loadout editing.

27 minutes ago, chaotea said:

Seems unlikely because i dont drink.

Maybe you should read what I wrote and not be so quick to make a snarky comment.

The post you're quoting, i wasnt replying to the OP, but to a different comment.

My original comment was that I enjoyed the complete randomness of the Circuit, not wanting to add some measure for more control. The quoted post was replying to someone who was going on about how warframe wasn't a place for RNG.

So please dont assume you know the context of the post and read it properly.

And still. 

23 hours ago, Felsagger said:

This is an example of posting under the influence of alcohol. Read the board, next time. 

Felsagger post: 

"Well if DE is that adamant giving us a new taste, why not let them. I think that a fair ground may start something that DE needs. If DE sees that our behavior is halved then having both options keeps more people happy. The people who were against it will end up playing the RNG and the people who favored will end up testing their heavy builds. 

DE wants us to plug in formas in our builds. We are going to do it anyway. So the better we feel Duviri then the better we accept the new mindset of DE on these things. At least some sort of middle ground for the transition would be appreciated. I played recently the Duviri with few players that where competent. The experience was good. Team composition of veterans makes a great difference in the game. 

This game depends a lot if you have a good set of friends that knows what they are doing. Warframe becomes something COMPLETELY different when your team is competent and cooperative pulling off all type of tricks the game has. 

The circuit of a lonely player who is competent of course is NOT the same as the circuit with a set of players that are "mentally connected" with each other doing the same task. Those are two different Warframe GAMES right there. "

Now you will not MISS IT. 

Next time, please read the board. Follow the SEQUENCE. See? 

I doubt it, that's why we can see the Frames and Weapons before we enter into it, so we can do any tweaks on those configs.

Pablo did say they were considdering it. He as talking about something similar to the open world one where if everyone leaves you dont get dragged out of the cave but wont get compleation rewards while in the cave, to give time for editing loadouts.

The probelm with the preview is it doesnt help much as by the time youve gone trough all the weapons and warframes to double check configs and make changes, the cycle has changed and your choices with it.

2 hours ago, chaotea said:

Pablo did say they were considdering it. He as talking about something similar to the open world one where if everyone leaves you dont get dragged out of the cave but wont get compleation rewards while in the cave, to give time for editing loadouts.

The probelm with the preview is it doesnt help much as by the time youve gone trough all the weapons and warframes to double check configs and make changes, the cycle has changed and your choices with it.

It would be nice, at times I have the wrong mod in the Exilus slot and would love to change it out from what I had.

4 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

It would be nice, at times I have the wrong mod in the Exilus slot and would love to change it out from what I had.

Yea, or as i keep getting, on a warframe ive not used in years, its not got the newer arcanes.

Archived