Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

duviri experience is a half hour / hour long bounty for 10-15 clamps

9 minutes ago, VladYvhv said:

Additionally, I was talking about doing Lone Story with a squad. And good luck convincing a squad to not run off and do side objectives while you're trying to just rush the story objectives...

Conversely, even a more competent squad is going to have an inherantly longer run in Experience than in Lone Story, due to interference from the enemies.

if you're talking about playing in Public, then for sure, but also playing in Public will slow it down overall either way anyways. People are slow at things like Walking. and not because of distractions, they're just slow.

any incidental Chests or Enemies between your Objectives are what i was referring to. some extra loot with barely any time impact overall as long as you're pretty competent.

i personally like Duviri, Ive played WF for a long time and coming back to something different and same time familiar is great. hour long run sounds miserable tho... why it became that long? A normal quick run is like 20 min or less.

On 2023-07-06 at 3:31 PM, kaz3n said:

i personally like Duviri, Ive played WF for a long time and coming back to something different and same time familiar is great. hour long run sounds miserable tho... why it became that long? A normal quick run is like 20 min or less.

1 hour does seem a bit long. Is why I was assuming they were running with poor squads or running around collecting side-objectives instead of trying to rush the story. Also why I suggested Lone Story for an alternative. Even with a moderately incompetent squad, LS shouldn't take more than 30 minutes or so.

On 2023-07-06 at 4:31 PM, kaz3n said:

i was doing randomish times for 1 / 2 runs as you require at minimum 2 completions for a singular incarnon, a casual speedrun in lone story is 20 minutes (and i guarantee my frame and weapons within reason) 

duviri groups (in my own experience) take even longer due to the nature of pugs AND the duviri RNG AND some players want to play for 5 minutes some for 2 hours and the game has no way of knowing whom is who when determining host. . . AND the possibility that due to a bug or error i might get kicked, crash, or have a bug that all i can do is leave and lose all progress anyway.

thus a nice round half hour / hour or longer based on warframe netcode that day.

circuit is just as hit or miss.

sometimes you get what seem to be 3 first time warframe players going all in on the duviri experience and using the most random decade old trash the duviri RNG dumpstered up to them. for the 1 round of exterminate to take forever and everyone to bail. 

then you get 3 silent randoms and you all just cruise for an hour (this is as rare and precious as it sounds)

and no i literally cannot get my friends to play with me, the ones who play like duviri even less then i do and dont care WHAT if anything is locked behind it, they just wont play it, we play other modes together though. 

On 2023-07-05 at 9:39 PM, Cerikus said:

Acrithis offers forma for 10 Clamps, potatoes for 20 Clamps, rivens for 15 Clamps which I think are pretty resonable deals.

IIRC, the Forma option is a Forma *BP* and it's an absolutely TERRIBLE deal considering how fast and easy it is to get in a 4 player Void fissure Capture mission... you often just need to run the Capture Void fissure once and one of the 4 reward options is a Forma BP. So a 20 minute Duviri Experience vs 2 minute Capture mission. You think that's reasonable? It's not IMO.

Potato price is debatable... the benchmark is Nightwave. Just looking at Prestige ranks, maybe 20 clamps is comparable in time and effort to Nightwave (x15 credits per Nightwave Prestige rank). But somehow I suspect 20 clamps is a complete rip off w.r.t. the first 30 Nightwave ranks. Those first 30 ranks are just raining Nightwave credits... either directly through x50 credit rewards or via duplicate cosmetic items (which reward x50 Nightwave credits).

Somehow I think Riven Slivers are so easy to acquire now that even 15 Clamps for a Riven seems like a rip off. But that's comparable to Sortie efforts I guess! I certainly wouldn't buy Rivens from Acrithis.

IMO, only certain Arcanes from Acrithis might be worth the clamps... everything else is just a mediocre or bad deal.

8 hours ago, nslay said:

IIRC, the Forma option is a Forma *BP* and it's an absolutely TERRIBLE deal considering how fast and easy it is to get in a 4 player Void fissure Capture mission... you often just need to run the Capture Void fissure once and one of the 4 reward options is a Forma BP. So a 20 minute Duviri Experience vs 2 minute Capture mission. You think that's reasonable? It's not IMO.

Potato price is debatable... the benchmark is Nightwave. Just looking at Prestige ranks, maybe 20 clamps is comparable in time and effort to Nightwave (x15 credits per Nightwave Prestige rank). But somehow I suspect 20 clamps is a complete rip off w.r.t. the first 30 Nightwave ranks. Those first 30 ranks are just raining Nightwave credits... either directly through x50 credit rewards or via duplicate cosmetic items (which reward x50 Nightwave credits).

Somehow I think Riven Slivers are so easy to acquire now that even 15 Clamps for a Riven seems like a rip off. But that's comparable to Sortie efforts I guess! I certainly wouldn't buy Rivens from Acrithis.

IMO, only certain Arcanes from Acrithis might be worth the clamps... everything else is just a mediocre or bad deal.

You are an example of a player who is unable to see past their own experience. The shop is not for you, it's for new players. Having access to those items before you even complete Vor's prize is objectively great. Unless you are not a new player and you completed the game and thus have access to better farms. In that case: congratulations. For players like us there is the incarnon farm.

Nightwave is raining credits for you because you already have everything. Count how many catalysts you could buy, if you didn't own prior items.
Riven slivers drop frequently only in SP. Not all players have abundance of slivers.

9 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

You are an example of a player who is unable to see past their own experience. The shop is not for you, it's for new players. Having access to those items before you even complete Vor's prize is objectively great. Unless you are not a new player and you completed the game and thus have access to better farms. In that case: congratulations. For players like us there is the incarnon farm.

Nightwave is raining credits for you because you already have everything. Count how many catalysts you could buy, if you didn't own prior items.
Riven slivers drop frequently only in SP. Not all players have abundance of slivers.

No matter how you try to look at it, those shop items aren't for anyone! Alright, what new player doesn't have at least a handful of Lith relics? And it's a good thing Nightwave also gives you potatoes in addition to being able to buy them for Nightwave credits. Rivens for new players without the Kuva or Endo to max them... no Rivens are not really for new players.

Unless you mean that Acrithis is more like a predatory store that only new players would fall for? That's kinda like the Market and vanilla weapons that even shows up in the Arsenal tab. Yeah, spend 300 Plat for some garbage weapon you ignorant new players, that's designed for you.

34 minutes ago, nslay said:

No matter how you try to look at it, those shop items aren't for anyone! Alright, what new player doesn't have at least a handful of Lith relics? And it's a good thing Nightwave also gives you potatoes in addition to being able to buy them for Nightwave credits. Rivens for new players without the Kuva or Endo to max them... no Rivens are not really for new players.

Unless you mean that Acrithis is more like a predatory store that only new players would fall for? That's kinda like the Market and vanilla weapons that even shows up in the Arsenal tab. Yeah, spend 300 Plat for some garbage weapon you ignorant new players, that's designed for you.

If I didn't think talking to you is a waste of time, I would try to explain that having one extra forma bp is a huge deal for a new player, because it's not rng and because new player should alaways pick prime parts from relics to sell for plat. I would explain that many NW acts are locked for new players or are too difficult to complete, which makes "farming NW for potatoes" very hard and time consuming. I would also explain that new players can and should sell veiled rivens to addicts for plat.

But why would I bother...

30 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

If I didn't think talking to you is a waste of time, I would try to explain that having one extra forma bp is a huge deal for a new player, because it's not rng and because new player should alaways pick prime parts from relics to sell for plat. I would explain that many NW acts are locked for new players or are too difficult to complete, which makes "farming NW for potatoes" very hard and time consuming. I would also explain that new players can and should sell veiled rivens to addicts for plat.

new players probably don't know what forma and relics are FYI, this is warfame.

they have no clue about the game

when i first started back in the day my brother and i would watch build videos and they would say "3 forma" or "2 forma" or "4 forma, a d, 2 v's and a dash" 

this was garbage when we were new, we had NO IDEA what they were on about, we just figured it out over time, relics too, you know it does not tell you about those little bars that are the rarity? bronze silver gold? i vividly recall having no idea what was going on with relics for a while and having no idea why some people picked one item right away or picked random stuff.

its not your fault you find it so simple, your a player, the devs too, so do i, and so does anyone on this forum.

im sure most people and the majority of the dev team have any idea how much confusing word salad gets thrown at you, all kinds of mechanics, and it even worse with duviri now. objectively worse, as now with duviri all the void space magic lore that the game worked you into over time and has been built up over several story beats and missions over the years is now HURLED at new players at incredible velocity.

its like dropping someone in on attack on titan in the final season because your really excited about it and know everything. well that's fine, I'm glad your excited but that person has no clue what is going on and should really watch it from the beginning. 

warframes on boarding is ATROTIOUS and the past couple months only made it worse (FYI all of the gimmick flavor of the month mechanics are the new player experience) could you imagine not knowing most of duviri systems and mechanics are not even part of the core game?! 

could you imagine learning a new game, its gameplay, its movement, how to use your weapons, what decree's do, then just realizing you were in a *content island* the whole time and that was not even the game or had barely any relevance to the gameplay of the core game?

this is D2 levels of spent too much time in your own sauce,

and i feel this is a deliberate action by the devs and not an accident, so i don't expect things to get better, they are having fun, and that's what matters to them for now (i say for now because as players drop, so does revenue, and eventually they will sort of have to care, but that could be far away / too late)

48 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Oh please... I can kinda see it this way: a new player is so desperate to put a potato in a weapon or frame that they actually fork over the 20 Clamps to get a BP immediately from Acrithis. But we were all new players and it wasn't like we were feeling desperate to put potatoes in absolutely every piece of equipment. We waited for Alerts (remember those?) or Invasion missions to give us a potato... or GotL, Razorback or Fomorian or whatever. And that worked pretty OK.

But Forma BP? 10 Clamps? Cracking a relic is an early junction requirement. And once new players figure out the relic system for getting primed equipment, they will be swimming in more Forma BPs than either of us have! I used to have hundreds of those BPs... but now that I have all the primed stuff in the game, I don't really crack relics anymore. It's ironically a BIG DEAL for me to have a single Forma BP XD.

IMO Rivens do not belong in any discussion about new players. If you really want to go the plat route, the 20 Clamp cost for potatoes is even worse! It's probably with less effort and/or more productive for a new player to sell mods and prime parts and just buy the potatoes from the Market.

On 2023-07-06 at 2:28 AM, (XBOX)ONI Prowess said:

dont try to change my mind

ughhhh its so long and boring, and if you get a stage that bugs out -_- every little issue or problem is just exacerbated by how much you don't want to be there, drifter gameplay is so slow, clunky, and annoying. i feel really bad for people that start warframe in duviri and they think this is what it is.

have to be honest if paid incarnons don't need clamp thats it im out, ill still complain about it as far as the direction of warframe currently being a bad one but anything to not have to play duviri. even if it does play into DE's create a problem sell the solution mentality. 

speaking of soon to be abandoned game modes, how all you still like the kahls garrison stuff everyone was on about a few months ago?! i skipped that because once again it was gimmick non warframe content. is it still getting updates? do people still play that mode? was it worth the dev time you think?

There was a time I said to myself "oh I just need these clamps to craft this". And that was exactly one time, after that it was "omfg I gotta go through all that fkin hell to get the clamps". So I agree with pathos clamps being ridiculous in terms of farming. Also as a salt to the injury they added the kullervo event that required you to go through all the hell to even start it. Funny thing is the event itself paid more than you invested in it, but they still decided we had to pay beforehand. Unforgivable. At least the event is gone now.

Archived