The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

NW complete 5 bounties in PoE

Same for Ghoul bounties. You used to get credit for those too.

But Eidolons and Ghoul Bounties are too useful and interesting for intermediate and veteran players. No, you can only play the boring bounties and get your 5 Nistle Pods and 5000 credits caches or whatever.

Eidolon bounty worked for me, unlike regular one. I was going from 1 to 5 regulars, but the 3rd or 4th didn't count for some reason. So I had to do an additional one, thus playing Eidolon bounty, and got the challenge completed upon the successful capture.

3 hours ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Looks like eidolon cull bounty doesn't count. 

But, it is a PoE bounty so it should.

Eidolon bounty counts, but you can't immediately extract. Whenever I've used it for quick Nightwave progress, I need to stand around for about 30 seconds to a minute for it to register after the capture animation. You also can't do the same bounty over and over unless you wait for a full cycle to reset them.

1 hour ago, bl1te said:

Eidolon bounty worked for me, unlike regular one. I was going from 1 to 5 regulars, but the 3rd or 4th didn't count for some reason. So I had to do an additional one, thus playing Eidolon bounty, and got the challenge completed upon the bounty completion

Strange because I did 4 of 5 and saved the last for the cull then had to go back and do a regular. WTF

36 minutes ago, Voltage said:

, I need to stand around for about 30 seconds to a minute for it to register after the capture animation

Hmm. I did the third cap, ran to extraction and immediately left squad but the mission complete screen came up. I left squad because the 3 man squad had some dude that was dragging forever every stage. I didn't want to wait and a completed bounty is a completed bounty.

It should count, but AFAIK the silly or potentially annoying part, is the challenge doesn't count the same bounty type, unless you wait a day. There can be some other minor issues as far as trying to get them to count, like to do with loading or if you are in a group vs solo, being too fast to extract and so on. 

I've gotten the challenge complete just by doing Eidolon Culls, but across different days. Granted I also soloed them, removing the odds of other issues arising. Also for the Fortuna one, if I was lazy I would just do the uh... I can't remember the exact mission, but one of the Profit Taker associated quests. The one where you have to steal a data pad and can be done in like 2 mins if you are fast. I would just do that same Bounty on 5 different days. 

7 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I only ran it once yesterday. 100% sure.

Yes sure but like I mentioned, there are other issues that can come to play. Like extracting too early, potentially being in a squad and a delayed connection at an important moment and something not registering, etc (as in many more potential reasons that even I am ignorant of) again, I am not calling into question what you did, I am talking about the many different reasons and ways something might not register. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

It should count, but AFAIK the silly or potentially annoying part, is the challenge doesn't count the same bounty type, unless you wait a day. There can be some other minor issues as far as trying to get them to count, like to do with loading or if you are in a group vs solo, being too fast to extract and so on. 

I've gotten the challenge complete just by doing Eidolon Culls, but across different days. Granted I also soloed them, removing the odds of other issues arising. Also for the Fortuna one, if I was lazy I would just do the uh... I can't remember the exact mission, but one of the Profit Taker associated quests. The one where you have to steal a data pad and can be done in like 2 mins if you are fast. I would just do that same Bounty on 5 different days. 

There are tents out in the middle of PoE that let you access 3 other different versions of the same bounty tier (not counting Eidolons). Each of those bounties have slightly different dialogue/backstory and phases but NW will count each of those as a separate bounty despite being the same exact tier. No need to wait for Konzu to reset to run the same tier.

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

There are tents out in the middle of PoE that let you access 3 other different versions of the same bounty tier (not counting Eidolons). Each of those bounties have slightly different dialogue/backstory and phases but NW will count each of those as a separate bounty despite being the same exact tier. No need to wait for Konzu to reset to run the same tier.

Yep exactly. Running the three easiest stage Bounties is a pretty fast way to get it done. Though having a favourite Bounty for whatever reason, whether it be Eidolon Culls isn't bad either. I imagine the Bounties have actually seen a small bump in player activity considering Furax Wraith is a reward there and also a new Incarnon, and probably a few people having to obtain the weapon again (like myself). 

1 minute ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Yep exactly. Running the three easiest stage Bounties is a pretty fast way to get it done. Though having a favourite Bounty for whatever reason, whether it be Eidolon Culls isn't bad either. I imagine the Bounties have actually seen a small bump in player activity considering Furax Wraith is a reward there and also a new Incarnon, and probably a few people having to obtain the weapon again (like myself). 

Or, you know, I'd like to run stuff like Ghoul Bounties (Nitain) or Eidolons (Arcanes) rather than waste time for 1 Cetus Wisp rare rewards... or Aya...

You used to be able to get credit for Ghoul Bounties and Eidolon bounties... DE changed it recently. And it's not consistent because you can get credit for running all 4 Profit Taker bounties when the Orb Vallis version of the challenge appears in NW.

Yeah I do cull + terry bounties to help tone down the 5 poe bounty nw all the time.

I also recommend Profit Taker stages 2 and 4 to easily glide though 5 orb val bounty nightwaves while making some creds in the process.  Just make sure to wait a full rotation before running them again so the latter rotations count towards the objective.

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

Or, you know, I'd like to run stuff like Ghoul Bounties (Nitain) or Eidolons (Arcanes) rather than waste time for 1 Cetus Wisp rare rewards... or Aya...

You used to be able to get credit for Ghoul Bounties and Eidolon bounties... DE changed it recently. And it's not consistent because you can get credit for running all 4 Profit Taker bounties when the Orb Vallis version of the challenge appears in NW.

Ghoul Bounties don't count anymore?

Was that an actual change they made, or well you know, DE being DE and unintentional stuff happening?

Yeah the PT bounties were my go to. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

Ghoul Bounties don't count anymore?

Was that an actual change they made, or well you know, DE being DE and unintentional stuff happening?

Yeah the PT bounties were my go to. 

Nope, last time I tried to use a Ghoul Bounty for this challenge, it didn't count. And I went and complained in the recent patch thread about it too.

That it potentially doesn't count for Eidolons doesn't surprise me.

EDIT: Here's when I observed this:

9 minutes ago, nslay said:

Nope, last time I tried to use a Ghoul Bounty for this challenge, it didn't count. And I went and complained in the recent patch thread about it too.

That it potentially doesn't count for Eidolons doesn't surprise me.

Ah that sucks to hear. I'll try do some tests with the Eidolon Bounty later, given conflicting reports. 

Archived