Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We need hard endgame content so people have a reason to farm all these stuff.

juanmolero

On 2023-07-31 at 11:23 AM, juanmolero said:

Hi guys, let me know if you agree with me on this.

We need really hard endgame content, I'm thinking like 2 to 4 really hard bosses with group mechanics, no self revives, and longer times to get revived from friends, these bosses need to have a mechanic that doesn't let underlevel people get carried, like separatings people into different instances and have them kill all mobs or complete a task that only someone that's fully geared can complete. Get some oneshot mechanics with good telegraphed attacks, make these fights long, with minions, and various mechanics, with new art for these bosses so they feel different, new and more distinguised/important than the rest. Get them to have a really really specific drop pool, with really strong items so we feel rewarded.

But the most important thing is, like I said, to make them difficult enough that it even takes several tries to the most veteran people that have the most op setups. So that everyone that leaves the game because there is simply no reason to farm and put these 3000h needed to fully gear yourself other than to look cooler or oneshot mobs after being 2h in a survival mission.

The majority of people get to really fast to a part of the game where you basically become brainless because you oneshot everything that's not level 300+, and the end of the day, only a really small portion of the game's population stay in survival missions after 30min.

What do you propose would be the reward for this activity?

9 hours ago, (PSN)Joylesstuna said:

Shield gating is going to be even easier to pull off and a corrupted mod that mimics the decaying key mechanic is being added. If anything shield gating will be more relevant then ever.

Good. Whatever difficulty they throw at me, I’m ready to hard counter it in potentially unintended and unexpected ways through build alone; even if the old incarnation of Shieldgate Abuse isn’t as viable, something new will be discovered

My two cents: I don't like the invulnerability mechanic at all. It's very overused in warframe on bosses. Instead of being engaging players simply sit staring at boss until invulnerability drops and then we one-shot them. It's not a fun mechanic. I do really like the weakpoint boss mechanic. Shoot one weakpoint, another is revealed. Let us break those weakpoints visibly as with eidolon bosses. Where the weakpoint is an actual thing on the boss that explodes to affect a change to boss behavior. Additionally, let this weakpoint breaking mechanic affect change to the environment as well. You break something, a valve releases and spreads gas in area, you have to take cover somewhere. Or even more engaging would be if half the mission area falls away like with ropalolyst and enemy starts occasionally stomping shockwaves that push people towards the drop. Maybe you have to shoot leg to stop boss from stomping. I also very much think that it's a good idea to engage player activity with multiple weapons. Exploiter orb is a good boss like we are throwing thermia and shooting those valves and spiders come out. Easy way is to slam attack ground to deal with them. Thus it engages a varied playstyle. I think that the archon boss fight is a good attempt but players solved the equation really fast and is now one-shotting the boss. I think we need gigantic bosses with weakspots that you can strip. :)

15 hours ago, Colyeses said:

What do you propose would be the reward for this activity?

Well archon shards or something else in a similar vein!