Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Archon flow

Cerikus

Archon-Flow-Mod.webp

So after a huge amount of vigorous testing of this mod I can safely say that:

Either the chance has to be 100%.
OR
It must say "enemies AFFECTED by Cold Abilities".

This thing has a 10s cooldown! And it doesn't drop a mountain of energy, but ONE SINGULAR Energy Orb worth 50 points. 

I don't get it. Especially since it was released next to Archon Stretch - a great mod. It's sad.

• Like 5

This silliest thing with this mod is definitely the 10sec cooldown. It's already quite tricky to kill with abilities that deal cold damage. Why did DE have to make it only 10% chance and limited by a 10sec cooldown on top of that?

Overall imo it's not a huge deal though, because besides 2 more mod points it cost nothing compared to primed flow. But yeah the double constraints feels very off. It should be either 100% chance with 10sec cooldown or 10% chance with no cooldown and then that would be ok to me.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika said:

HP orbs are VERY common compared to this mod's energy orbs.

Outside of circuit & sanctuary, health orbs if not generated via abilities are only found in containers though. So it's not really true, at least not really comparable in all fairness. They are generated artificially most of the time.

23 minutes ago, Rathalio said:

Outside of circuit & sanctuary, health orbs if not generated via abilities are only found in containers though. So it's not really true, at least not really comparable in all fairness. They are generated artificially most of the time.

I am pretty sure this is not true. Health orbs do drop from enemies, maybe not as often as energy orbs, but they do.

• Like 2

Archon Flow seems useful on a couple of frames more than any other. Frost is the obvious one because this gives a slight increase to passive energy generation throughout a mission. With Arcane Energize it can definitely help. It isn't huge, but every little bit counts. And since the drain on this is the same as Primed Flow only 2 capacity more expensive it is a "well why not have a little icing on the cake" type thing.

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

I am pretty sure this is not true. Health orbs do drop from enemies, maybe not as often as energy orbs, but they do.

Correct

Edited by Leqesai
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

And since the drain on this is the same as Primed Flow it is a "well why not have a little icing on the cake" type thing.

Well.. I don't wanna nitpick, but Primed Flow is 14. Yes, it's a very small difference, but it can make a big difference in a contsrained builds. 

Other big downside is that on SP it's rather tedious to kill with Cold abilities (Frost especially), so actually getting a use of that mod means you have to go out of your way to trigger it, but at that point you are wasting time, because you can just shoot Eximus and get the same result with 100% chance.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Cerikus said:

Well.. I don't wanna nitpick, but Primed Flow is 14. Yes, it's a very small difference, but it can make a big difference in a contsrained builds. 

Other big downside is that on SP it's rather tedious to kill with Cold abilities (Frost especially), so actually getting a use of that mod means you have to go out of your way to trigger it, but at that point you are wasting time, because you can just shoot Eximus and get the same result with 100% chance.

oh pflow is 14? weird i thought it was 16. thanks for clarifying

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rathalio said:

1 hour ago, Cerikus said:

also, you can just equip a pet with  Synth Deconstruct, which has a 25% chance to drop Health orbs from enemies your pet attacks and are killed.

Edited by (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika
  • Like 1

hace 3 horas, (NSW)Royal_Elf_Mika dijo:

funny thing is, your probably better off using Equilibrium, at max rank it gives 55 energy from normal health orbs and 110 from large HP orbs ( Empowered Health Orbs) and HP orbs are VERY common compared to this mod's energy orbs.

This its totally correct. If possible with a pet that can use the Synth Fiber mod.

hace 4 horas, Cerikus dijo:

Archon-Flow-Mod.webp

The mod is just a big meh but it would be fine if it consumed the same amount of capacity as the prime version.

I use it with my frost all the time although it's not like I need it but an extra drop isn't like it bothers me. After all use Equilibium + Dispensary + Synth Fiber and I spam abilities without control.

• Like 2