Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Murex.

Vaml77

15 minutes ago, Vaml77 said:

Why not take advantage of this and make new variants of the scarlet spear event?

if only. unfortunately DE came out and said that it'd be difficult to do the event again, something about the relays being complex and squadlink being a total failure.

I absolutely love the Murex tileset and the Sentient aesthetic in general, and will literally take ANY excuse to get a proper war against them, since we were robbed of the chance against Narmer. 

3 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if only. unfortunately DE came out and said that it'd be difficult to do the event again, something about the relays being complex and squadlink being a total failure.

I absolutely love the Murex tileset and the Sentient aesthetic in general, and will literally take ANY excuse to get a proper war against them, since we were robbed of the chance against Narmer. 

It's not difficult for them to do it, they just flat out don't want to.

1 hour ago, Stormandreas said:

It's not difficult for them to do it, they just flat out don't want to.

To be fair though they never really managed to fix a lot of bugs the event carried. The major one being the relays having to be fully reset every few hours because in short it would then just flat out crash because of how messy the netcode with the squad link stuff seemed to be. I don't remember exactly how long it was tbh, but it was quite short, somewhere around 1.5 to 3 hours if I remember well. Even if I loved this event, I also really see why it's not simple for them to bring it back.

Not mentioning issues that were fixed since then like the sentients not being designed to scale that much before the event etc. It was definitely very messy on the technical side. But the event was good enough to make most of us ok with the issues it faced, but don't forget how it really was though. And that's what I understood when DE commented on people asking to bring back the event. It would require a lot of work that will probably not be worth it so they prefer focusing on new stuff.

Also, they ended up recycling it later with the railjack condrix necramech purge thing. Which is less fun, but hey, they reused some of the tech.

1 hour ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

if only. unfortunately DE came out and said that it'd be difficult to do the event again, something about the relays being complex and squadlink being a total failure

Can't they just remove the squadlink feature? And turn it like Fomorian/Razorback Armada Invasion. With prequisite for the Condrix before we infiltrate the Murex.

Edited by BroDutt

26 minutes ago, BroDutt said:

Can't they just remove the squadlink feature? And turn it like Fomorian/Razorback Armada Invasion. With prequisite for the Condrix before we infiltrate the Murex.

If the entire system was built around squadlink, which it might be, then no they couldn't. That'd be like me asking why you don't just pull out the foundation of your house.

2 hours ago, Vaml77 said:

What is the purpose of these ships appearing destroyed in the skies of fortune and on the starchart map? Why not take advantage of this and make new variants of the scarlet spear event?

Narmer

3 hours ago, Rathalio said:

To be fair though they never really managed to fix a lot of bugs the event carried. The major one being the relays having to be fully reset every few hours because in short it would then just flat out crash because of how messy the netcode with the squad link stuff seemed to be. I don't remember exactly how long it was tbh, but it was quite short, somewhere around 1.5 to 3 hours if I remember well. Even if I loved this event, I also really see why it's not simple for them to bring it back.

Not mentioning issues that were fixed since then like the sentients not being designed to scale that much before the event etc. It was definitely very messy on the technical side. But the event was good enough to make most of us ok with the issues it faced, but don't forget how it really was though. And that's what I understood when DE commented on people asking to bring back the event. It would require a lot of work that will probably not be worth it so they prefer focusing on new stuff.

Also, they ended up recycling it later with the railjack condrix necramech purge thing. Which is less fun, but hey, they reused some of the tech.

The Squadlink thingy was kinda unnecessary in the first place. I played that event first-hand and still have trouble recalling what it did (only remember you can pay credit and whatnot to aid players on the other side). Pretty sure it can be omitted without harming the main event.

2 hours ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

If the entire system was built around squadlink, which it might be, then no they couldn't. That'd be like me asking why you don't just pull out the foundation of your house.

Narmer

I'm positive it's not something like a specific foundation to that specific event because it played literally just like any other typical Warframe content. It was something like linking a Murex team and a ground Team except the "link" didn't really do anything beyond visuals. You got to see the talking head of Tenno on the other side but I don't think it's actually a real-time event (i.e. the game probably just showed you some other random players who were also playing in Scarlet Spear). You didn't get to interact with the other team in any way too.

Edited by Marvelous_A

8 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

I'm positive it's not something like a specific foundation to that specific event because it played literally just like any other typical Warframe content. It was something like linking a Murex team and a ground Team except the "link" didn't really do anything beyond visuals. You got to see the talking head of Tenno on the other side but I don't think it's actually a real-time event (i.e. the game probably just showed you some other random players who were also playing in Scarlet Spear). You didn't get to interact with the other team in any way too.

I'm not entirely sure where that idea is coming from, but the Link certainly did work. I say "work" loosely ofc because it was buggy as hell, but the Scarlet Spear missions were dependant on it. If squadlink didn't work and thus could be taken out, we'd have had Scarlet Spear back 3-4 times by now. The literal lack of Scarlet Spear (as well as the actual Dev explanation) goes against the idea that it didn't work/ wasn't essential to the system. As such, it's not hard to imagine its as essential to the mode itself as the aforementioned metaphor.

24 minutes ago, (PSN)MYKK678 said:

I'm not entirely sure where that idea is coming from, but the Link certainly did work. I say "work" loosely ofc because it was buggy as hell, but the Scarlet Spear missions were dependant on it. If squadlink didn't work and thus could be taken out, we'd have had Scarlet Spear back 3-4 times by now. The literal lack of Scarlet Spear (as well as the actual Dev explanation) goes against the idea that it didn't work/ wasn't essential to the system. As such, it's not hard to imagine its as essential to the mode itself as the aforementioned metaphor.

How did it work though? Like how did it affect the actual gameplay mechanic? Because I can't seem to recall the Squadlink affecting my gameplay in that event beyond some talking heads. The progress of the ground team and space team are not interlocked with each other in the slightest possible way. Had never failed a game because the other team f**ked up either. Essentially just 2 teams (assuming these 2 teams are actually related in the game coding at all) running 2 separate game sessions that don't affect each other.

It was an entirely new lobby system, where people could spontaneously form groups in relays and depart from them, and be synced to another group in another mission - basically two squads in different missions interacting with each other. Pretty sick actually, but definitely a technical nightmare.

The two squads did interact, but you couldn't fail because of the other squad - DE realized very quickly that making them too interdependent was killing everything, so they dialed that way back.

Edited by CrownOfShadows

18 minutes ago, Marvelous_A said:

How did it work though? Like how did it affect the actual gameplay mechanic? Because I can't seem to recall the Squadlink affecting my gameplay in that event beyond some talking heads. The progress of the ground team and space team are not interlocked with each other in the slightest possible way. Had never failed a game because the other team f**ked up either. Essentially just 2 teams (assuming these 2 teams are actually related in the game coding at all) running 2 separate game sessions that don't affect each other.

I know it's been a long while since it was active, I've forgotten bits and pieces too, I even forgot that's where the Basmu first showed up. But yeah, each side had a task that benefitted/relied on the other.

The ground squad scanned Condrix's and got Kill Codes, the Space Squad needed to be there to receive the Kill Code being sent and to use it to push back the Murex's. On top of that you had the players in the Flotilla. You used an OP Link to send/receive the codes, but it had a health bar that couldn't be healed by frames. So the players in your Flotilla would send reinforcement buffs which would heal your OP Link for you and allow you to keep going. Even the Flotilla was crazy, letting in around 80 or something players into each one so there could be multiple ground/space squads all fighting for one outcome.

If you never failed any of the missions, you have the opposite side (ground/space) players, as well as the players sending reinforcement buffs from your Flotilla, to thank.

That's true that in a way the squad link system was not really important and I think it was a bit by design. In case squadlink barely worked at all they could just fake killcodes regularly in the relays so railjack crews could do the mission and those who preferred the earth mission could do it as well without worrying. Because essentially the only effect it had was how fast you could do the mission objectives and collect your tokens before the reset. Which was fun to me as with friends and with my alliance we used to fill up a relay and were balancing the whole thing to cap out the maximum rewards almost every time.