Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Who is playing railjack and why?

Fixed_Username

On 2023-08-27 at 6:04 AM, Hexerin said:

Based fellow Descent enjoyer. In addition to those reasons, I personally also loved crafting my own maps to share with my friend. Man, I miss the good ol' days when game devs included their development tools with their games, so that the players could craft their own content after consuming the vanilla...

I NEVER KNEW you  could build Descent maps! Really?! Man, how could I miss that...
I did have a lot of fun creating Duke Nukem maps (as well as Shadow Warrior), but not Descent. Maybe I'll head over to Steam and download them again from my library (got all 3 there) to have another look.

But indeed, Descent was on another level. A bold innovative game ahead of its time. Not many people had the guts to play it simply because of the nausea of floating freely, hahahah...

On 2023-08-22 at 4:12 PM, Fixed_Username said:

who and why, simple. I think railjack is dead since they nerfed gian point mission. The mode is boring as hell now and I don't want to get out of my ship I spent hours grinding for. Who is playing this and why?

easiest way to get chungus resources to feed and put warframes abilities into others.

I genuinely enjoy railjack though I dont play it as much as I'd like, what stops me from playing it as much is the on and off stuff, I want missions where I can just stay in my railjack in an endless survival but since I don't have that I can get a bit burnt out as a solo player having to do all the back and forth for objectives. But, to put it simply I play railjack because I find it really fun. 

On 8/25/2023 at 11:43 PM, CephalonSerket said:

Most'a the people I know (clanmates, friends in game, & Epic/Steam friends who play) farm relics in public void relic capture missions (, or even solo), you can crack a relic, and get 1-2 more in 2 minutes flat, even faster if you luck out on the map set pieces.

London Film Festival GIF by Signature Entertainment

I opened 50 rare relics indicated by alecaframe with wukong and envoy, the result was disappointing, i received many form4 bp and a lot 15pl parts braton and lex prime, in summary opening solo relics is a complete waste of relics as the luck table is nerfed by 400% less leverage of ducats, less leverage of prime parts

24 minutes ago, Famecans said:

I opened 50 rare relics indicated by alecaframe with wukong and envoy, the result was disappointing, i received many form4 bp and a lot 15pl parts braton and lex prime, in summary opening solo relics is a complete waste of relics as the luck table is nerfed by 400% less leverage of ducats, less leverage of prime parts

Literally EVERYONE already knows that, why do kids think everything they know about anything isn't already common knowledge, & that they're some kind'a superior genius?!? 😹

You Think Youre Special Riley Keough GIF by A24

On 2023-08-22 at 10:12 PM, Fixed_Username said:

who and why, simple. I think railjack is dead since they nerfed gian point mission. The mode is boring as hell now and I don't want to get out of my ship I spent hours grinding for. Who is playing this and why?

Yes I play it solo alot for radient relics & to farm spectre vandal to sell for plat & I do it during void storms so I can crack relics & earn holokeys. 

I used to play it alot more when you could host your own jack before the stupid rework that always picks a noob jack when theres a 6 forma battle ship in the squad so now I prefere solo & the best part of solo is the crew are so much better than random players that jump in the pilots seat , just start doing their own thing & as an added incentive to use crew they have aimbot accuracy & your engineer never runs out of revolite.

Sorry noobs no more taxi farms to the veil for Mk3 components for you guys.

1 hour ago, CephalonSerket said:

Literally EVERYONE already knows that, why do kids think everything they know about anything isn't already common knowledge, & that they're some kind'a superior genius?!? 😹

You Think Youre Special Riley Keough GIF by A24

I thought I would get at least 8 to 10 prime rare pieces

when i do play railjack it's because i desperately want to have a space battle. it's the only way to get it proper in a game and it includes warframe's wonderful combat system. While i wish there were longer missions akin to replayable sorties i'll settle for just playing corpus spy missions since those are the closest to what i'm looking for. other than that railjack is kinda a time sink, theres nothing of value in Railjack. now if enemies had better drops, the lich system took place exclusively in railjack, the missions were designed to be fun, or if your crew had more personality then maybe it would over all be more fun but for right now it feels like a extended tech demo.

On 2023-08-29 at 3:47 AM, Famecans said:

I thought I would get at least 8 to 10 prime rare pieces

If you're going to solo anything that cracks relics, & want the rare stuff, you HAVE to upgrade the relics all the way 1st, I've done that to get lots of prime blueprints I wanted, & have had no trouble getting what I wanted, if you want to do it with base relics, yes either with friends/clanmates, or public is the way to go because you get to choose between the rare prizes from all the different relics everyone used in each mission. 🫠

Happy Friday GIF by Calvin Klein

Railjack was awesome at launch but someone said it was hard !!! This tragically gained traction and sadly Railjack was turned into a community bus with just a 25% chance that you will be the nominated driver plus the difficulty was nerfed into oblivion. Maybe they had to do that because of lack of engagement dunno.. Anyway even if you are lucky enough to be chosen one you'll lose that spot and your dome charges if someone wants to go back to dry dock because they think they lose everything by hopping out and you can't blame them because they'll be faced with an empty rewards screen!

I still love it though despite all the quirks and features and yeah I play it a lot. I like the chaos of jumping into a public match and 'going where needed' you can make a huge difference if it's a group of people who are reluctantly doing it (and badly) because they need the drops especially if they have a rubbish ship and constant boarding parties :). So there's a real sense of adding value.

You're also chasing that very rare occasion where the stars are aligned and for a precious hour or so 4 strangers come together and everyone magically knows what they're doing, cracking Axi relics in void Veil skirmishes in under 4 minutes! - it's a beautiful thing.

It's also a rewarding challenge as a pilot having to do many things at once knowing where your crew is while you kill all the fighters, line up crew ships dealing with any shields for the big-gun guy, fending off boarding parties and knowing which radiator will be popping up next and being there when it does saving the POI guys the hassle of having to do it solo, managing who needs reactant if they arrived late, who needs to do the derelict if there is one etc. it's a fantastic challenge and not a simple matter of navigating a familiar procedurally generated tileset, instead each Railjack mission is massively different from the last one. 

Solo is just too slow unfortunately you can't rely on your autopilot hitting all the radiators no matter how well trained they are. They often somewhat cruelly only manage to hit them when you return to the ship!! There have been a couple of attempts at fixing this but the amount of work needed for a proper fix must be be too much commitment for them given the engagement levels so I think it's low on their to-do list. That's my experience on PC anyway maybe it's better on other platforms.

Top tip if you find there are no ships left to shoot at the end of the mission it just means you've hit the mob cap; hop into a side mission/derelict, kill some mobs and ships will then spawn. It's not a bug.. well kinda, but not. Fly safe Tenno :)

I’ve tried to, I just got my railjack a couple days ago, but it is very overwhelming, seems like there’s a lot going on.  I haven’t been able to clear a mission yet.  I might need more practice still, because I get lost running between stations on my ship very easily.

It’s neat, I think, but it seems like it may be one of those things that’s not really geared towards a solo player.  Which is fine, not everything is going to be doable solo, there’s plenty I have had to skip.  Though it seems like a lot of things require you use a railjack for them, like the Kuva lich system, which is concerning to me.  It seems like my entire Lua is going to be permanently occupied by my lich, unless there’s another way to complete that sequence.  

I liked archwing missions because they break up the normal missions and feel like much more fast paced, but railjack seems another level of complexity on top of that.

I want to play it more but the loading times are horrificly long for some people and if you want to leave a squad after mission rewards but before the next loading screen that shows the mission end screen you lose your rewards.

Not to mention you don't get to leave the mode through the esc menu at some points even though you can move around forcing you to alt+f4 out if someone is stuck in loading permanently. Its just a really clunky, slow and bad user experience for a game mode with ok-ish gameplay.

I'm still doing Railjack by proxy of Sisters/Lich Confrontation and Corrupted holokey farms in void storms. Been slowly chipping away at the Sentient Clusters and farming for Caliban too. But once you've gotten T3 pieces of at least a set you're comfortable with you're already decked out fro RJ parts.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2023-08-22 at 6:35 PM, Pakaku said:

Railjack was cool when it was about having an actual battleship to take care of, where everyone needed to pick a role, when fighter ships to shoot, and the little side-areas to explore off the ship really were just side-areas or mini objectives. I'm okay with hopping off to kill a crewship, or sabotage an asteroid base or Murex, but the main meat of the mission was still all about the Railjack combat

I stopped playing it around the time they dumbed the ship mechanics down (too difficult for uncoordinated random squads, apparently) and when the ship became a glorified taxi to the otherwise standard Corpus missions, which took attention away from the Railjack itself

Needless to say, it's a failure now that's not worth playing, it's a dead-end content island, and the worst part is how DE did it on purpose

I make your words mine. Even tough I played just a bit of old RJ because I was just starting, its just felt right.

One of the cases the playerbase didnt like or engage the content(wich was well tought) and the developer dumbed down to try to increase engagement. They made farm easier, like necramech.

I understand DE trying to somehow save RJ a Necramech, because both are such cool ideas...what I dont understand is why people dont find exciting the achievemet of farming and getting your first Necramech, or why they dont want to players cooperatively with the other Tenno on the Railjack.

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took forever to obtain a railjack but i really enjoy railjack missions. they are very flawed though. its literally just a mission WITH extra railjack stuff. it would be fun if most railjacks were mainly railjack instead of jumping out and entering a ship to do a normal mission... just takes away from the railjack!

Archived