Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

VigArmaments or HM?

(XBOX)Player244024418

Question

Im new to the simulacrum. Tried it the first time today. Im totally unsure which enemies to spawn, what level they should be etc.

Any comments on my bubonico? It does ok. I like the fact i can shoot SP enemies through doors and obstacles but i would like to still improve it.

Galvanized is under the riven. It's my only riven for bubonico so....

image?url=MSVnmBUo_fHjbLYMjAEUQ0pdKB2YkZ

21 answers to this question

Use the Simulacrum to spawn enemies that you’ve scanned enough to test against that you’re unsure of. There’s loads of variables that the Simulacrum can help streamline, where things like level 60 enemies will require different amounts of damage than level 100 and this free up different amounts of mod slots and capacity and enables alternative ways to build, there’s weakpoints you can find and behaviours you can identify in isolation if you’re trying to figure something out, you can try different weapons to get a feel for how they take to different damage types against different enemy levels.

While it’s no substitute for actual fieldwork, the Simulacrum can be a huge help to really explore alternative ways to build for whatever you’re fighting at whatever level. I’ve been playing this game for years and I’ll still jump into it to try an untested build or loadout to get a feel for how it’ll perform before jumping into a mission (also, I cannot recommend enough getting and upgrading Simaris’ scanner to show what enemies are weak to in-mission; Steel Path throws the rulebook out the window with its bonkers modifiers, but for the rest of the game it can be a very useful reference if something feels off about your damage)

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

42 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

Sure but how do you test a weapon with three galvanized mids and an arcane that you can't build stacks since it is 20 enemies only?

Jump into a mission. The fundamentals are there; thing kills and builds stacks. Take it into a mission to then see how it fares. It’s going to fare differently according to things like what mission it is and how much overkill for the mission you’re built for. You’re getting a feel for the build and loadout in Simulacrum, not a 1-to-1 representation

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

Honestly I’m kind of surprised that you’re only now exploring the Simulacrum when you’re making builds for SP. It was instrumental for my understanding things like what felt like too much or too little damage for the content I was doing and helped me branch out and explore alternative ways to build my gear and loadouts. Simulacrum doesn’t really have an SP option, though SP is a different sort of build tester anyways, so you’ll need to just jump into SP to see what happens when you make a build that you think fits in the unbalanced mode designed for min-maxing

Edited by (NSW)Greybones

33 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Honestly I’m kind of surprised that you’re only now exploring the Simulacrum

I understand...I guess I just like to play and have always experimented while doing missions but now that most rewards aren't as valuable im more interested in tweaking and rolling rivens. Especially now that MR30 gave a bunch of extra slots.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)Player244024418 said:

I understand...I guess I just like to play and have always experimented while doing missions but now that most rewards aren't as valuable im more interested in tweaking and rolling rivens. Especially now that MR30 gave a bunch of extra slots.

? You’re using the rewards, right? The Simulacrum is great for exploring the extra options we earn for mixing into various builds and playstyles and stuff. Had I not learned how to make use of it, I was on my way to being shoehorned into a few options with zero gameplay

1 hour ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Simulacrum doesn’t really have an SP option, though SP is a different sort of build tester anyways

It has now, max enemy level 190 (LR3). There's an option for it

Bubonico had good slash proc with just Galvanized Savy at max stack on main attack. You can replace Hunter Munition with Blaze for extra heat or cold (up to 50% CC) if you build for corrosive cold/heat . Alt attack always proc viral so you dont need that in main attack. Remember both viral and cold only for it's status effect not damage, slash is your main damage.

Edited by BroDutt

Bubonico is mainly used for its alt lobbing grenade fire. The shotgun mode is a secondary one. Hunter Mu is therefore not necesary. But I guess you really wannt to utilise that riven.

Huh. When did that get added?

Max enemy level you can spawn in Simul is directly based on your MR. People with LR3 can spawn 190. It was always like that. Only thing added recently is the SP toggle.

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

SP setting in the Sim got added in the  Seven Crimes of Kullervo update in June.  An improvement I thought would never, ever happen.

Ah. I haven’t had much chance to play recently. I guess that’s good, though never really needed it; jumping into SP is the test, not sure what else one is supposed to do with the gamemode

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Ah. I haven’t had much chance to play recently. I guess that’s good, though never really needed it; jumping into SP is the test, not sure what else one is supposed to do with the gamemode

For me  it's mostly a convenient toggle to spawn tougher enemies in a controlled setting than I could before.   IOW, it hasn't changed the way I use the Sim at all, other than now I slot Extinguished Dragon Keys in there less often.  Which is a small but significant blessing.

21 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

For me  it's mostly a convenient toggle to spawn tougher enemies in a controlled setting than I could before.   IOW, it hasn't changed the way I use the Sim at all, other than now I slot Extinguished Dragon Keys in there less often.  Which is a small but significant blessing.

Fair enough

thesedays Vigilante Armaments is borderline weak due to Galvanized Multishot. 
that makes the decision pretty straightforward for most Weapons. usually it's not worth using at all. similarly Lethal Torrent is far less useful than it was in the past, unless a Weapon needs some additional Fire Rate and so you'd get full benefit of both Stats, then it might be worth having.

it's always way faster to test something in Simulation (hence, some games having such a feature).

People are generally testing Mod/Arcane mixes for Damage Numbers, and if the Enemies aren't moving letting you, like, actually do the testing clearly without having to save a Recording and Watch it back later to accurately see what happened - well it should be obvious why that makes it faster to test things.
also less Loading Screens since your Arsenal is there.

34 minutes ago, taiiat said:

it's always way faster to test something in Simulation (hence, some games having such a feature).

People are generally testing Mod/Arcane mixes for Damage Numbers, and if the Enemies aren't moving letting you, like, actually do the testing clearly without having to save a Recording and Watch it back later to accurately see what happened - well it should be obvious why that makes it faster to test things.
also less Loading Screens since your Arsenal is there.

Never really struck me as a problem. SP is not the place to go for balanced gameplay, it’s not friendly to the modless base and thus every single build we can make like the non-SP game is, it’s full of modifiers that can make direct damage basically not an option and single target stuff a lot less impactful while heavily skewing anything that’s influenced by enemy density with its 4-player spawns for 1-player.

Up until this point it was the place to test whether my builds and loadouts broke the game enough, with all the learning about limits that need refinement that come with that goal. Solving SP outside of SP seems… not that interesting.

🤔 Come to think of it, didn’t they want players outside of the Simulacrum because they kept sitting in there testing for numbers, and that was one of the goals behind SP in the first place?

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

Come to think of it, didn’t they want players outside of the Simulacrum because they kept sitting in there testing for numbers, and that was one of the goals behind SP in the first place?

That's DE Scott's, he's on Soulframe now. The new team is less conservative and open to suggestion (well depend on the suggestion). Anyway since SP Circuit exist, DE probably think it's okay to have SP on Simulacrum (limited to lv 190 of course). Since most player already fight level >200 in SP Circuit and SP Conjuction Survival.

Edited by BroDutt

1 minute ago, BroDutt said:

That's DE Scott's, he's on Soulframe now. The new team is less conservative and open to suggestion (well depend on the suggestion). Anyway since SP Circuit exist, DE probably think it's okay to have SP on Simulacrum (limited to lv 190 of course). Since most player already fight level >200 in SP Circuit and SP Conjuction Survival.

Hah. Guess we’ll have to see whether the new team is just giving its players more rope to hang themselves with. Can’t deny that a toggle can come in handy at times though