Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Main here with a small request on the side

Dekarus

Alright, so at this point, he's good. He doesn't need anything big anymore. However;

1) His passive is still completely useless. It doesn't even have to be good, but I'd love to see him get something that actually has a function (e.g. Chroma's cold elemental ward but severely stripped down to balance out being a passive, an additional instance of non-combining cold damage on a critical strike, a small energy refund on freezing enemies, etc.).

2) As-is, Frost Prime is the only frame in the entire game that's overall a downgrade compared to his base version; the increased shield is too small to be valuable, but big enough to where shieldgating is actively hindered. I would love to see him get an extra 25-50 max armor and energy.

There are obviously some changes that would be nice, such as Ice Wave either getting replaced or reworked; although I know a lot of people want to be able to shoot into Snow Globe and for Freeze to have more of an effect, I don't think it's nearly as much a priority as the two things listed above.

Edited by Dekarus
  • Like 1

hace 20 minutos, Dekarus dijo:

1) His passive is still completely useless. It doesn't even have to be good, but I'd love to see him get something that actually has a function (e.g. Chroma's cold elemental ward but severely stripped down to balance out being a passive, an additional instance of non-combining cold damage on a critical strike, a small energy refund on freezing enemies, etc.).

The passive is useless that's true.

hace 20 minutos, Dekarus dijo:

2) As-is, Frost Prime is the only frame in the entire game that's overall a downgrade compared to his base version; the increased shield is too small to be valuable, but big enough to where shieldgating is actively hindered. I would love to see him get an extra 25-50 max armor and energy.

U use shield? For what? Shield gating? Isn't it better the less shield you have?

I don't know why people focus so much on playing Frost inefficiently.

Frost just needs power, range and sustain. No so much armor, no shield.

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
Add text

2 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

U use shield? For what? Shield gating? Isn't it better the less shield you have?

That's kinda my point; the increase in shields is too small to be used for the original purpose of shielding, so as-is it only functions as a hindrance.

2 hours ago, CosoMalvadoNG said:

Frost just needs power, range and sustain. No so much armor, no shield.

Armor buffs his snow globe, and max energy plays into the sustain part due to being able to store more energy.

• Like 2

hace 3 horas, Dekarus dijo:

Armor buffs his snow globe, and max energy plays into the sustain part due to being able to store more energy.

I'm not saying he don't use the armor, it's just not very important in the long run. Everyone says that Frost is soft, dies fast and needs an urgent rework, but you don't need to be hard with frost, I hardly ever die with frost, maybe 1 time of every 20 runs in steel path and usually it's due to carelessness .

I go back to the same point he needs sustain, range and power. The reason why people ask for frost rework all the time is because they always use it hoping that his Ice Globe will last infinite and that simply doesn't happen, I mean, maybe in normal missions yes, but not in sp.

Frost has one of the best hard cc (if not the best) in the game focus on that and you will see the difference, the best way to keep your team or yourself alive isn't using 5 layers of Ice Globe and hope don't die in one second, the correct way to not die is that there is almost no one hurting you and for that exist Avalanche. 

Edited by CosoMalvadoNG
misspellings

As an ice mage, having such terribly low max Energy (150 on both versions) is indeed pretty annoying to see,
not least when other (some not even Prime) Frames reach, or even surpass, 300 nowadays.

Really, 300 maybe should just be made the standard at this point for all Frames.

And ye, passive is garbo, maybe make it a radial freeze (with a higher chance) whenever he gets hit by anything?
Or just completely replace it, I wouldn't cry about losing what's there now.

His 1 is also quite meh, if you're gonna keep it as a "synergy" tool for Snow Globe rather than make it decent by itself,
then at least crank that up, let the Globe shattering deal damage based on its health, and / or CC enemies over a large(r than Avalanche) area.

I would still like to see Freeze do more on its own, maybe simply (greatly) increase the area and duration of the slowdown zone it creates
(and give Ice Wave a different Augment / add to what it does).

Lastly, UI elements to actually allow a Frost to see the exact health of each of his Globes are long overdue.

Freeze's ground effect could use range scaling.

The passive being such a low chance to freeze for melee attacks only is kind of ridiculous in what Warframe is nowdays. Just do something with cold procs or whatever that makes sense for Frost to have. As long as it keeps the theme of defensive ice thingy.